Hi all, longtime blackberry fan. My last BB was a priv. I skipped the K1. I frequently switch between android and iOS. Currently been using an iPhone X since launch. This is the longest I’ve had the same phone for a long time which is a testament to just how good the x is.

The K2 is the first new phone since November that has me lusting for a new device. I’m hesitant however since the K2 is clearly a downgrade from flagship to mid range phone. That said the one thing I hate about it is I have to use apples stock email client versus Blackberry hub. I also wear an Apple Watch daily so that will have to go.

Is anyone else in the same boat as me? Pkb aside, will the K2 feel like a downgrade?
    Kelvin Choi likes this.
    06-09-18 08:50 PM
    Same situation here, Priv was the last BB I kept, currently using an iPhone X. Also wear an apple watch daily lol. Hoping the K2 will be better than the K1, the K1 was unbearable, too slow and laggy for me, even slower than the priv. Power button placement, form factor and a lot of issues kept me away from the K1
    06-09-18 08:54 PM
    Same situation here, Priv was the last BB I kept, currently using an iPhone X. Also wear an apple watch daily lol. Hoping the K2 will be better than the K1, the K1 was unbearable, too slow and laggy for me, even slower than the priv. Power button placement, form factor and a lot of issues kept me away from the K1
    So are you getting one? I’m checking out Fitbit ioncis as a substitute. I used one for a bit with my note 8 and quite liked it.
    Kelvin Choi likes this.
    06-09-18 09:01 PM
    After a few months I give up the KEYOne and got the iPhone X. Definitely going to try out the KEYTwo.

Ditch the Apple Watch and get a nice mechanical watch and Fitbit!
    Kelvin Choi likes this.
    06-09-18 09:22 PM
    So are you getting one? I’m checking out Fitbit ioncis as a substitute. I used one for a bit with my note 8 and quite liked it.
    I’m not sure if I would like it but I’ll definitely buy one to try out first. If I like it, I will probably buy it and carry both the iPhone and the K2, I am too deep into the iOS ecosystem and my work. How about you?
    06-09-18 09:25 PM
    I use iOS as my secondary device and the X is a great device. Don't expect the same performance as the iPhoneX. If you don't have high expectations then the K2 can be a great device for you.
    06-09-18 09:25 PM
    I’ll likely buy and try like you.
    06-09-18 10:47 PM
    Do You get 100 or more mails everyday? I am asking, because iOS Mail native app and Spark (only on iOS) have best searching and advanced tools, which make working life easier. I have tried BB Hub, Proton, Aqua, Gmail, Inbox, etc. on the Note8.
    06-10-18 01:50 AM
    It depends how you set it up. My Keyone black is worked hard and never lets me down. No lagging. Button placement is great. The iPhone X botch is the first attempt by Apple at a new design since the first iPhone, and it's just reacting to Samdung rather than innovating. Hate crApple system, but glad it exists as the last defense against spamdroid OS.
    The Key2 will be amazing, but it comes down to wanting the PKB and to promote BlackBerry.
    That's me.
    tazcubed likes this.
    06-10-18 04:17 AM
    Stuck in the same boat as you. It's the ecosystem that convinces me to stay. Coupled w/ the fact that I do love being able to be contacted anywhere via my wrist... of course when my apple watch is still powered on, that is.

I've floated the idea of and even used my apple watch and iPhone as a social device and it works with Apple ID but I couldn't bear not having wifi calling or volte on my KEYone so I retired back to apple for primary connectivity and contacting me.

I'm optimistic to try 'er all again though.
    06-10-18 06:23 AM
    Do You get 100 or more mails everyday? I am asking, because iOS Mail native app and Spark (only on iOS) have best searching and advanced tools, which make working life easier. I have tried BB Hub, Proton, Aqua, Gmail, Inbox, etc. on the Note8.
    Yes probably 200 a day. I loved hub services for Android. What advantages does iOS offer to hub in your experience? One thing iOS does not allow is inbox and sent items to be merged.
    06-10-18 08:22 AM
    Hi all, longtime blackberry fan. My last BB was a priv. I skipped the K1. I frequently switch between android and iOS. Currently been using an iPhone X since launch. This is the longest I’ve had the same phone for a long time which is a testament to just how good the x is.

The K2 is the first new phone since November that has me lusting for a new device. I’m hesitant however since the K2 is clearly a downgrade from flagship to mid range phone. That said the one thing I hate about it is I have to use apples stock email client versus Blackberry hub. I also wear an Apple Watch daily so that will have to go.

Is anyone else in the same boat as me? Pkb aside, will the K2 feel like a downgrade?
    Same situation as you (sort of). My impressions of the iPhoneX is that it's less than stellar and more like "get me off this POS" for what I see are numerous issues.

I also came from a PRIV and can see going to a Key2 or a Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium. The pkb is a strong selling point (I personally find the vkb and alternatives on the iPhone to be annoying at best as well as a time consumer fixing all the "corrections" it makes on "my behalf", the smaller screen size is the compromise and there's things that are just unknown at this time about the Key2 (speaker loudness, durability, whether the device will start to slow down much like the PRIZ and KeyOne after a few months. Still wish BB kept the power button on the top and offered a hipclip case. I'll be listening for solid reviews, but am leaning towards the Key2 at this point. I don't think it will be a downgrade because there are many things I think were a downgrade going to the iPhoneX.
    06-10-18 08:39 AM
    To me it all comes down to what you value most in your smartphone.

The iphone (any slab phone) is for people who prioritize media, either movies or gaming.

The KeyTwo/One is for people who prioritize communications.

Depending on which camp a person falls in... that’s what they’ll love.

My priority is communication. The PKB is why I’ll always own a Blackberry. I am definitely rooting for TCL.
    06-10-18 09:24 AM
    I use the hub on my note 8 but use the outlook app on my X which works well. I find blackberry email to have always been the best to use. For me if all of the ketone issues are corrected on the Key2 it would be the phone for me but bad reception and a keyboard that is way too small is a deal breaker.
    06-10-18 09:38 AM
    I don’t have an X, currently on a 7 plus. Going to the key2 as soon as it’s released. I am deep into the Apple ecosystem but use my iPad for media consumption when needed. I’m on T-Mobile so hopefully WiFi calling will work as it does on my unlocked iPhone.

Otherwise the only other thing I’ll miss is iMessage but I can live with that.
    06-10-18 10:34 AM
    I have the iPhone X and considering switching to the K2 but am really hesitant because I too am really into the iOS ecosystem and not really a fan of android.
    RobertP1 likes this.
    06-10-18 11:49 AM
    I have the iPhone X and considering switching to the K2 but am really hesitant because I too am really into the iOS ecosystem and not really a fan of android.
    It sounds like you'd be better off sticking with the iPhone if you're already heavily invested in the ecosystem and don't like Android.
    jamesbondOO7 and JoePa2624 like this.
    06-10-18 11:56 AM
    I don’t have an X, currently on a 7 plus. Going to the key2 as soon as it’s released. I am deep into the Apple ecosystem but use my iPad for media consumption when needed. I’m on T-Mobile so hopefully WiFi calling will work as it does on my unlocked iPhone.

Otherwise the only other thing I’ll miss is iMessage but I can live with that.
    That’s sort of the boat I found myself in.

I still use my iPad Pro for media and heavy surfing. So, I’m a bit into both ecosystems.

Getting going with android and sharing across devices took some figuring out. Had to switch family away from iMessage, etc. (Using Amazon prime photos and drive to share a lot).

But, now that I’ve done it... It works well and I feel good not being tied to IOS.
    06-10-18 01:15 PM
    I can live without iOS In some ways it’s better since my wife and kids are all using iOS devices linked to my accounts. This leads to annoyance like my phone rings when someone is calling someone else. If you don’t like android then that’s a whole different issue. iOS just works. But I can do 95 percent of everything I want in iOS over android.

I’m gonna give the key 2 a run as a work device and keep the x as personal media. Never carried two phones before but I can see some value in keeping work and person separate. If the K2 sucks back it will go.
    portplayer and cckgz4 like this.
    06-10-18 01:16 PM
    That’s sort of the boat I found myself in.

I still use my iPad Pro for media and heavy surfing. So, I’m a bit into both ecosystems.

Getting going with android and sharing across devices took some figuring out. Had to switch family away from iMessage, etc. (Using Amazon prime photos and drive to share a lot).

But, now that I’ve done it... It works well and I feel good not being tied to IOS.
    I moved to Amazon photos and drive a couple months ago myself and it has worked well. Getting the wife away from iMessage is never going to happen. I’ll just have to deal with sms. It’s a trade off for the keyboard
    Frank Costanza likes this.
    06-10-18 01:29 PM
    Would be switching from an X if I got the K2. Been with iPhones since the Z10. Got the Priv but build quality and the overheating meant it got sent back. Have a love/hate with apple’s ecosystem- love the ease of use, hate the restrictions and closed walls.

Long story short the only thing that would stop me switching back to BB would be iMessage/FaceTime. K2 looks like a really great phone. I like VKB just fine but the added usefulness of physical keys is compelling
    06-10-18 02:18 PM
    I’m definitely considering the K2. The last BlackBerry I used was the Classic and I sorely miss the keyboard. I’m using an iPhone 6splus right now and I’m still not impressed with anything iOS. I miss BlackBerry and can’t wait to come home.
    06-10-18 02:44 PM
    I’m definitely considering the K2. The last BlackBerry I used was the Classic and I sorely miss the keyboard. I’m using an iPhone 6splus right now and I’m still not impressed with anything iOS. I miss BlackBerry and can’t wait to come home.
    We can't wait for you to come home!
    Detroiter06 likes this.
    06-10-18 02:56 PM
    Currently using iPhone X and seriously tempted by k2. Just not sure I can leave imessage
    Frank Costanza and iorto390 like this.
    06-10-18 03:30 PM
    I've never used ios or Android, but when I pick up my wife's BlackBerry motion I can't believe the ads she has to put up with. I think I could handle ios before android.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-18 06:59 PM
49 12