What's better on the KEYone's PKB:

-The spacebar. It's miles better than the KEY2's.

-The backlighting

-The frets, but that's just aesthetics.

What's better on the KEY2's PKB:

-Matte keys. It's miles better than that crappy glossy finish

-Bigger keys. It's more comfortable.

-The overall weight of the device makes it less tiresome when typing for extended periods of time
    Join a gym..how is typing on a phone tiring because of the weight lol
    11-11-19 05:59 AM
    Join a gym..how is typing on a phone tiring because of the weight lol
    "Join a gym" ?
    I meant tiring for the hands/thumbs, genius.

Pick up a KEYone, type on it for 10 minutes straight without putting it down.
    Then pick up a KEY2/LE, do the same. You'll see the difference.
    The KEYone is just heavier/clunkier and less balanced, plus its keys are smaller.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    11-11-19 09:38 AM
    "Join a gym" ?
    I meant tiring for the hands/thumbs, genius.

Pick up a KEYone, type on it for 10 minutes straight without putting it down.
    Then pick up a KEY2/LE, do the same. You'll see the difference.
    The KEYone is just heavier/clunkier and less balanced, plus its keys are smaller.
    I agree with the impression of the KEYᵒⁿᵉ keyboard vs the Key² pkb. I use my KEYᵒⁿᵉ just for work emails and my Key² for everything else. I definitely prefer the Key² pkb.
    quybao likes this.
    12-07-19 05:53 PM
    100 percent the PKB on my keyone black edition is better. I love the whole overall feel and weight as well. I just prefer the keyone over the key 2
    The weight of KEYᵒⁿᵉ was amazing. Such a comfortable device.
    12-07-19 07:30 PM
    The keyone felt more premium because of the gloss keys. Felt so smooth to touch. Also the spacebar touch unlock was better implemented and felt perfect. But the keytwo feels less cramped. Slightly less finger/thumb fatigue. I might prefer the key2 overall cause of the size. It took me 2 months to adjust though. If there is to be a key3, I would like to see the current keyboard with a gloss finish.
    12-07-19 08:49 PM
    If there is to be a key3, I would like to see the current keyboard with a gloss finish.
    You would be just about the only one to want that lol
    Smokeaire and cyberdoggie like this.
    12-07-19 10:25 PM
    Wouldnt of cared if they kept the gloss or not. Bigger keys made the KEY2 better in my opinion :-)
    12-07-19 10:37 PM
    I've been using the Key2 for a month or two now. I've gotten used to it and my typing is definitely quicker but just not how it was on the KeyOne. I feel like it's more tiring typing on the Key2, and my fingers moved across the smaller gloss keys more efficiently on the key1.

I like the updates on the Key2 so I'll keep using it, but I really miss my KeyOne BE

(though in saying that, I miss my passport and priv, too!)
    12-08-19 05:57 AM
    Yeah me too I prefer the gloss over the matte finish. The keyone just feels more like a blackberry to me
    100 percent agree. I had a key 2 silver and I went back to a keyone BE. I prefer the PKB and the overall feel of the keyone over the key 2
    12-08-19 07:13 AM
    There are things about the KEYone that really needed refinements (which they made on the KEY2)

-Glossy keys

-Huge forehead without even a matching chin like on the PPSE

-Glossy chin, even on the BE, instead of a matte one to match the top bezel

-Rounded edges prone to slipping out

-Worst vibration motor ever

-Bad placement of power button

-Back panel not grippy enough
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    12-08-19 07:36 AM
    I have had the Keyone and the KEY2 and yes the feel of the keysbon the Keyone have a more Passport like substantial feel, the size of the keyboard on the KEY2 just offers more room and freedom to type. Unfortunately the KEY2 keyboard just feels cheap to me and the fact that lint and such can make it's way under the keyboard is unacceptable.
    Nothing beats the Passport in my opinion
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    12-08-19 09:00 AM
    I have had the Keyone and the KEY2 and yes the feel of the keysbon the Keyone have a more Passport like substantial feel, the size of the keyboard on the KEY2 just offers more room and freedom to type. Unfortunately the KEY2 keyboard just feels cheap to me and the fact that lint and such can make it's way under the keyboard is unacceptable.
    Nothing beats the Passport in my opinion
    Shocking assessment based on your screen name. I assume Key2er was already taken or you didn’t like the way it rolls off tongue onto floor.
    12-08-19 09:08 AM
    Unfortunately the KEY2 keyboard just feels cheap to me and the fact that lint and such can make it's way under the keyboard is unacceptable.
    Aside from the Priv which has a completely sealed keyboard, any keyboard can/does eventually get dust/lint in there. It's just that the KEY2's spacebar was inferiorly designed compared to the KEYone/LE and is therefore a bit more sensitive to this.
    If they had placed the fingerprint sensor on the power button, this wouldn't have been the case since the spacebar would have been made as part of the same membrane as the other keys, just like on every other PKB device.
    12-08-19 09:15 AM
    Aside from the Priv which has a completely sealed keyboard, any keyboard can/does eventually get dust/lint in there. It's just that the KEY2's spacebar was inferiorly designed compared to the KEYone/LE and is therefore a bit more sensitive to this.
    If they had placed the fingerprint sensor on the power button, this wouldn't have been the case since the spacebar would have been made as part of the same membrane as the other keys, just like on every other PKB device.
    Really? Hmm..... I don't see any lint under my Passport keyboard. In fact I can't see through my Passport keyboard either unlike the KEY2

Hammered out on my Precious Passport
    12-08-19 02:07 PM
    Shocking assessment based on your screen name. I assume Key2er was already taken or you didn’t like the way it rolls off tongue onto floor.
    I am who I am and I stand by my name lol. It's not my fault, it's the way Blackberry raised me.

12-08-19 02:08 PM
    Really? Hmm..... I don't see any lint under my Passport keyboard. In fact I can't see through my Passport keyboard either unlike the KEY2

Well you won't see it unless you take the thing apart lol
    12-08-19 02:09 PM
    Well you won't see it unless you take the thing apart lol
    I have completely disassembled my Passports twice and the keyboard is a tightly sealed unit. I could not see sign of dust collection after two years.

wlmss likes this.
    12-08-19 02:19 PM
    I was thinking if they made a KEY3 that met my standards I would definitely have to reconsider my screen name. Perhaps the KEYMaster like in the Matrix? Cats out of the bag now ugh!

the_boon likes this.
    12-08-19 03:25 PM
    I was thinking if they made a KEY3 that met my standards I would definitely have to reconsider my screen name. Perhaps the KEYMaster like in the Matrix? Cats out of the bag now ugh!

Is that you jason statham?
    12-08-19 11:51 PM
    Is that you jason statham?
    It is and I have my Passport in hand. Photoshopped the photo on my trusted Passport.

Last edited by The_Passporter; 12-09-19 at 07:49 AM.
    wlmss likes this.
    12-09-19 07:34 AM
    I agree, the Key1 was nicer in terms of ergonomics and keyboard. But Key2 looks sleeker and runs better.
    wlmss likes this.
    12-09-19 03:50 PM
    Me too.. Have both devices and i love it to type in hypertime without looking at the keyboard while typing. On the keyone no problem. The size of the keys are perfect and because of the glossy the finger woosh over the keys)

On key2 that all don't work.
    04-05-20 04:21 PM
    I liked the Key¹ PKB fine but I find I'm getting used to Key² over time but illumination is poor on the latter
    wlmss likes this.
    04-07-20 04:00 PM
    Like all blackberry keyboards that I have used, they take some time to get used to them. Once you get used to them, then you will understand the method behind their madness.

Thought I would never get used to the passport keyboard, but eventually I did and loved it. Used the Priv keyboard after that one and thought I was going to take it back. I hung in there and became a natural.

Then became probably my biggest hurdle, the BB vkb for droidberry. After a few weeks of using it and getting used to it, I can now say that the cycle is the same. Give it some time and get used to it, then it will become routine.
    04-07-20 05:50 PM
    If you have astigmatism, as I do, type- faces on a glossy surface are very difficult to see if illuminated from above - eg under spot-lights. After two years struggling to read my Key1 keys I decided to buy a Key2. Problem solved, though I miss things about the Key1 (eg the better cntrl key). But most of all I miss its much longer battery life, which was 30% longer even on a 2 year old phone. Belatedly I realise that I might have been able to overcome the glossy key problem by setting a permanent key backlight. However I do prefer the larger and flatter Key2 keys.
    nevilleadaniels likes this.
    04-10-20 03:51 PM
56 123