So I've had some time with the Key2 now. It's nice, but I have to say the KeyOne's keyboard is just miles better. What do you all think?

The rounded bottom on the KeyOne makes it more comfortable to hold, and the fact the keys are close together (the Key2's keys are tall with big frets) means my fingers just slide from key to key effortlessly. I'm significantly slower on the Key2. Maybe it's because I've been typing on the KeyOne for two years and I'm still a novice on the Key2?

I've gone back to using the KeyOne for a bit and I'm loving it. It's just a much nicer device. I guess I will keep the Key2 around for futureproofing.

Am I mad?
    yybenedb likes this.
    11-07-19 02:04 PM
    The only issue I have with the K1 pkb is the glossy finish. I much prefer matte.
    the_boon and cyberdoggie like this.
    11-07-19 02:06 PM
    I agree with you both! Except the keyboard is better on the KEY² however I do prefer the overall feel of the KEYᵒⁿᵉ
    11-07-19 03:36 PM
    Key spacing of the KeyOne was better. Agree the gloss wasn't the best though. Battery was better.
    the_boon and bb_passporter like this.
    11-07-19 03:39 PM
    not sure why everyone hates on the gloss, I actually really like it 😂 tapping away on my KeyOne now makes me sad to ditch it when I move to the key2 permanently.
    11-07-19 04:39 PM
    i havent use a keyone long term (just tried it for a few mins), however, i dont use the key2 9-dot key (i should say never use it since), and i hate the "stuck" space bar... so i believe key1 keyb should be better then.
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    11-07-19 06:14 PM
    Myself I only was able to try a friends keyone when they out and was currently using my classic at the time. There was nothing about it that made me want to get one. I felt the keys took a lot of effort to press and the balance was not good. Then when Blackberry KEY² came out and early users were saying how it felt like a BlackBerry of old I figured that was when to pull the trigger. I find this keyboard good or better than previous phones. BlackBerry 10 included. I loved my classic and q10 but they all seemed to get double typing issues and then I would have to change keyboards. Of course those phones were easy to swap out and find online. So for the bit I used keyone I would have to say Blackberry KEY² is way better experience.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    11-07-19 06:24 PM
    What's better on the KEYone's PKB:

-The spacebar. It's miles better than the KEY2's.

-The backlighting

-The frets, but that's just aesthetics.

What's better on the KEY2's PKB:

-Matte keys. It's miles better than that crappy glossy finish

-Bigger keys. It's more comfortable.

-The overall weight of the device makes it less tiresome when typing for extended periods of time
    Jonneh and cyberdoggie like this.
    11-07-19 08:37 PM
    I really like the weight on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ makes me feel that if I threw it at a wall it would do some real damage. Love that feeling in a phone. Wish they had the KEY² internals in the KEYᵒⁿᵉ

Would be perfection.
    11-08-19 06:34 AM
    I have a KEYᵒⁿᵉ and a Key²LE I use the KEYᵒⁿᵉ just for work emails. I definitely prefer typing on my Key²LE keyboard. For me it is a far better experience than the KEYᵒⁿᵉ keyboard.
    11-08-19 09:08 AM
    Nah, the KEYone keyboard was too tight for me. It was fine when nothing else was available but overall, I prefer the KEY2 / LE keyboards.
    hamilgs likes this.
    11-08-19 10:33 AM
    Nah, the KEYone keyboard was too tight for me. It was fine when nothing else was available but overall, I prefer the KEY2 / LE keyboards.
    Well, that gives me hope that I might get used to the Key2 keyboard at some point. It feels completely unnatural. The speed at which I can type on my KeyOne is bordering on ridiculous. I think it's because the keys are so close together, less travel is required. I love it.

Fingers crossed I can learn to do the same on a Key2!

The Key2 LE keyboard looks more my style, though I've never felt one in my hands. I would have gone for that if it wasn't for the lack of capacitive scrolling.
    11-08-19 10:36 AM
    not sure why everyone hates on the gloss, I actually really like it 😂 tapping away on my KeyOne now makes me sad to ditch it when I move to the key2 permanently.
    I hated the gloss finish because if my finger had very slight bit of moisture/sweat, it would make it too sticky to swipe on the keyboard. The matte finish is a lot better for swiping.
    the_boon likes this.
    11-09-19 01:01 AM
    nope i don't agree. k1 keyboard is good, but the spacing is a bit too tight, the buttons are slightly too hard to press, the gloss always make it feel like it is dirty and it scratches easily, the buttons are smaller and the keyboard scrolling is much worse. Only the spacebar and backlighting is better.
    the rest of it does the key2 better. i still like both.
    11-09-19 01:52 AM
    Edit ups double post
    11-09-19 01:53 AM
    I used both and I much prefer the Key2.
    11-09-19 09:11 AM
    For me the KEYone performs much better than Key2 or Key2 LE but thats because I only have two KEYones and no Key2 or Key2 LE for now.
    Lionothundercat likes this.
    11-09-19 09:23 AM
    I really like the weight on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ makes me feel that if I threw it at a wall it would do some real damage. Love that feeling in a phone. Wish they had the KEY² internals in the KEYᵒⁿᵉ

Would be perfection.
    I agree.
    11-09-19 11:38 PM
    I don't think it's better ... just different. I type faster on the Key2. I've never experienced any of the issues other people have reported about the Key2 keyboard, but then again this is a Key2 Red Edition, and I've heard someone say the keyboard and space key is better construction on it?

The only thing I liked better on my Key1 Black Edition was those two groovy little black lights on the space bar and, the fingerprint sensor on it seems to work better.
    11-10-19 12:43 AM
    I've heard someone say the keyboard and space key is better construction on it?
    Yes, there has been improvements to the Red KEY2's PKB and especially spacebar.

Y'know, improvements that should have been there since the very first batch of KEY2's, but hey, better late than never, right?
    11-10-19 01:40 AM
    For me, the Key2 keyboard wins overall in terms of its feeling, clickiness, matte finish. But... one major bummer is the loss of right shift key. I am not using the dotted key that comes instead of where the right shift key should have been. So that is a major discomfort issue for me compared to the KeyOne. I remain surprised that it has up to now been impossible to reprogram that dotted key to function as right shift key... And judging from others’ reactions, I am not the only one with this issue.
    11-10-19 04:07 AM
    For me, the Key2 keyboard wins overall in terms of its feeling, clickiness, matte finish. But... one major bummer is the loss of right shift key. I am not using the dotted key that comes instead of where the right shift key should have been. So that is a major discomfort issue for me compared to the KeyOne. I remain surprised that it has up to now been impossible to reprogram that dotted key to function as right shift key... And judging from others’ reactions, I am not the only one with this issue.
    What I and others do is use the currency key as a CTRL key and then program a custom word in the keyboard settings that makes a "$" when you type "ss".
    11-10-19 10:46 AM
    Never used right shift on any BlackBerry, because I always used to remap it to CTRL. However, coming from the PRIV, I actually do like the new function key to avoid going through the homescreen in order to switch between apps. Also remapping the currency key is brilliant imo, as it's easier for me to reach as new CTRL key. What I hate is how the Inconvenience key is implemented: default is brilliant using press, long press etc. I wish we could have the same behaviour for assigning our own as instead of the google ones. Instead, we get a weird and unconvenient side panel with up to three options that require touchscreen action to execute - silly. Also that each use of the convenience key throws some weird "app" in the open apps screen is awkward.
    I could live with assigning this key to the app switch function and give people their old right shift position back as an option.

I'm also missing the mushy but reliant Priv keyboard as far as travel, clickiness goes. Key2 takes way to much pressure, which seems to slow me down. Takes some breaking in (I hope) and getting used to, I guess...
    That "P" key on top right however... gotta get some compressed air and see if that help.

But the overall weight distribution and weight is as good as it gets for a fixed pkb, portrait oriented screen.
    Question to long-term users: does the insane back pressure of the Key2's keys go away with use over time?
    11-10-19 03:46 PM
    100 percent the PKB on my keyone black edition is better. I love the whole overall feel and weight as well. I just prefer the keyone over the key 2
    11-11-19 05:57 AM
    Yeah me too I prefer the gloss over the matte finish. The keyone just feels more like a blackberry to me
    11-11-19 05:57 AM
56 123