Hi am I the only one thinking it's about time BlackBerry launches new devices? It's been a while since the key2. Or at least feels like a while and all they got new is the red edition. Why do they keep doing that.
    05-04-19 08:30 PM
    Late this year at the absolute minimum, if not 2020 (if anything): https://www.engadget.com/2019/04/19/...ch-date-price/
    05-04-19 08:33 PM
    It doesn't look like TCL is putting much effort in the blackberry line probably due to poor sales. If they did more advertising they would have more sales.
    Luniz likes this.
    05-04-19 08:42 PM
    Hi am I the only one thinking it's about time BlackBerry launches new devices? It's been a while since the key2. Or at least feels like a while and all they got new is the red edition. Why do they keep doing that.
    Late this year or 2020, and probably never.
    Vistaus and anon(10387168) like this.
    05-04-19 08:52 PM
    It doesn't look like TCL is putting much effort in the blackberry line probably due to poor sales. If they did more advertising they would have more sales.
    Not sure if more advertising of the productivity benefits and PKB. BlackBerry Mobile really needs to up the specs of its new flagship device, and lower the prices of their existing offerings. I'd love a PKB device with a flagship-class camera. TCL should partner with Sony, which knows how to make a decent camera.

Posted via CB10 | SQC100-4 Classic in Cobalt Blue
    05-04-19 08:59 PM
    it's going to cost them a lot of money they probably don't have to: 1. develop a new line of phones with the latest hardware/tech. 2. update their operating system/UI to be on par with the latest trends (gestures, design,...). 3.secure the hardware/software again to make it the most secure device. 4.market the new devices. I am basing this on nothing factual. I don't have any sources. it's just my opinion. if they come out with a device like this they can only launch it at a minimum price of 900$ I think BlackBerry cannot compete anymore with the big names. they made the right choice to transition to software core business model. unfortunately us BlackBerry fans have to live with the fact that the keytwo/whatever next phone if any coming out might be the last we will ever see.
    05-04-19 10:29 PM
    I would pay $1000 for a new Bold like device and so would a lot of other people. The form factor is awesome for a work device.
    05-04-19 10:54 PM
    I would pay $1000 for a new Bold like device and so would a lot of other people. The form factor is awesome for a work device.
    Like how many people of those???

They couldn't sell 800K units last year.
    Old BlackBerry used to sell over 15 million phones every year.
    05-04-19 10:58 PM

They couldn't sell 800K units last year.
    That number is meaningless.

That was one uncorroborated report by a single analyst 6 months after the release of the very first BBMo device (Dec 2017).
    Vistaus and prplhze2000 like this.
    05-04-19 11:15 PM
    it's going to cost them a lot of money they probably don't have to: 1. develop a new line of phones with the latest hardware/tech. 2. update their operating system/UI to be on par with the latest trends (gestures, design,...). 3.secure the hardware/software again to make it the most secure device. 4.market the new devices. I am basing this on nothing factual. I don't have any sources. it's just my opinion. if they come out with a device like this they can only launch it at a minimum price of 900$ I think BlackBerry cannot compete anymore with the big names. they made the right choice to transition to software core business model. unfortunately us BlackBerry fans have to live with the fact that the keytwo/whatever next phone if any coming out might be the last we will ever see.
    Google and Pixel have spent a fortune on the Pixel hardware and the attempt to go after the premium market. Its been a failed attempt as they have recently admitted and are now getting ready to launch their version of an "LE" Called the "a" and "a xl" . They also failed, like others, launching Pixel on a carrier exclusive. Always a bad idea these days. So the "a" will be considerably cheaper ( REALLY affordable in 6 mo) and likely be available on all carriers. If they can get in on the BOGO or "free" when adding a line or trading in a phone they may have a chance. Samsung and Apple would have absolute horrid sales of ALL their flagships with carrier deals and offerings. It's now like car incentives for customers. Take those and or special financing off the table and your going to have a gluttony of inventory sitting.
    05-05-19 11:20 AM
    Google and Pixel have spent a fortune on the Pixel hardware and the attempt to go after the premium market. Its been a failed attempt as they have recently admitted and are now getting ready to launch their version of an "LE" Called the "a" and "a xl" . They also failed, like others, launching Pixel on a carrier exclusive. Always a bad idea these days. So the "a" will be considerably cheaper ( REALLY affordable in 6 mo) and likely be available on all carriers. If they can get in on the BOGO or "free" when adding a line or trading in a phone they may have a chance. Samsung and Apple would have absolute horrid sales of ALL their flagships with carrier deals and offerings. It's now like car incentives for customers. Take those and or special financing off the table and your going to have a gluttony of inventory sitting.
    That's the second time I've noticed you mention a BOGO , any chance you could let some of us older folk on the other side of the pond know what it stands for. Does it mean on a contract ?
    05-05-19 11:46 AM
    That's the second time I've noticed you mention a BOGO , any chance you could let some of us older folk on the other side of the pond know what it stands for. Does it mean on a contract ?
    "Buy One Get One Free" Here in the US every carrier has these offerings when a new device drops. Usually on the new device or the one being "upgraded"
    05-05-19 11:49 AM
    "Buy One Get One Free" Here in the US every carrier has these offerings when a new device drops. Usually on the new device or the one being "upgraded"
    Ok thanks for explaining that, now I know were all the K2's went. Lol.
    05-05-19 11:54 AM
    Ok thanks for explaining that, now I know were all the K2's went. Lol.
    Unfortunately the Key 2 here in the US did not garner any official carrier support so none of them were BOGO or had any carrier deals. If your not Samsung or Apple here in the US you don't get the carrier deal treatment. So your devices are "full" price or maybe a small sale here or there through Amazon or Best Buy that sale online. Its the very reason why it's become a two horse race here in the US for consumers through their carrier. You walk in a carrier store and Apple leases out one side and maintains the display and units and Samsung is on the other in a similar fashion. In the middle are maybe a LG, Motorola G or One Plus (at least at T-Mobile) and that's it!! The carriers here lease out space to the OEM's and those with the deepest pockets win and snuff out the others.
    05-05-19 12:05 PM
    BBMO wouldn't offer new versions of current phones if they werent selling.
    05-05-19 12:17 PM
    If more people in the states had the opportunity to use a new blackberry you would see sales go up! Many of my friends that have converted to a new blackberry got the idea from seeing my key2.
    bh7171 and anon(10218918) like this.
    05-05-19 12:19 PM
    I guess it's similar in most countries. Over here ( Ireland) I searched around all the phone shops and noticed it was all apple or Samsung and not a K1 or K2 in sight. I purchased my K2 from a online shop without able to get one in my hand to seeing how I would like it. Glad I got it apart from the swipe up on the suggested word issue.
    05-05-19 12:26 PM
    If more people in the states had the opportunity to use a new blackberry you would see sales go up! Many of my friends that have converted to a new blackberry got the idea from seeing my key2.
    Yep- I have a unlocked Black Edition KeyOne on Oreo and April patch on T-Mobile and absolutely dig it. Love the keyboard, screen, form factor, speed and battery life combination. (Best of any mobile device I have used) I use it over my S9 with PIE, the paid BlackBerry HUB suite- which is a great all touch device. The KeyOne did and does have carrier support from ATT (crappy Sprint and lame Verizon choose not to) update to Oreo. Sprint and Verizon's actions is ABSOLUTELY not acceptable and users should have filed a class action.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    05-05-19 12:46 PM
    I work for a metal foundery in the United States and a lot of the Sales people or Consultants are in thier late 50's. You should have seen thier faces light up when they saw my BlackBerry Key2. Most of them didn't know there were still BlackBerry phones out there. None had heard of the BB10 devices. I let them play with my Key2 and showed them it ran on Android. Most were disappointed when I told them they couldnt get the Key2 from Verizon on thier company accounts. They'd have to buy the Key2 LE instead
    05-05-19 01:08 PM
    I work for a metal foundery in the United States and a lot of the Sales people or Consultants are in thier late 50's. You should have seen thier faces light up when they saw my BlackBerry Key2. Most of them didn't know there were still BlackBerry phones out there. None had heard of the BB10 devices. I let them play with my Key2 and showed them it ran on Android. Most were disappointed when I told them they couldnt get the Key2 from Verizon on thier company accounts. They'd have to buy the Key2 LE instead
    I wonder if any of them went an bought an LE
    Vistaus and app_Developer like this.
    05-05-19 02:17 PM
    Late this year or 2020, and probably never.
    This^^^
    05-05-19 03:04 PM
    Great. Now we have two topics discussing BB's demise and about 5 discussing new devices.
    Thinkbusiness likes this.
    05-05-19 03:55 PM
    Great. Now we have two topics discussing BB's demise and about 5 discussing new devices.
    It would help the discussion, if the company that is suppose to be offering these knew what public relations and communications was.

Doubt was always something they needed to overcome... but don't think this is the way to do it. Best thing they could do today... evleaks. (That's if they are still working on something)
    RK_BB and Jake2826 like this.
    05-06-19 08:57 AM
    Why not? Nothing much else going on here.
    05-06-19 09:05 AM
    Why not? Nothing much else going on here.
    If we could turn this to how this might show signs of maybe a new BB10 phone....
    the_boon, Tim-ANC, Vistaus and 1 others like this.
    05-06-19 11:18 AM
47 12