Didn't BBmo specifically said not to expect anything in 14months or so back in 2018?

So i'd expect some positive announcements on new phones in 2020..that's if BBmo doesn't change it's mind though..
    08-10-19 09:56 PM
    I wonder if there's anyone offering anything like that.

Posted via CB10
    Aside from BBMo and a few kickstarter style projects, NO ONE's offering anything but the same boring a**, shiny fragile slab form factor.

It's getting real tiring.
    08-10-19 10:12 PM
    The quarterly earnings seem profitable from growing services again like 200Mio range surplus for bb services. Thatisgood. TcL can only profit from this

As far as iknow itis all on a

Well managed 4.5billion surplus?! And not ona 4bio debt.

Imsure theyllmake a key3. It really is a matter of 5g how to secure it. They cant take a 4g only approach

Thats then what? Snapdragon 855+ ?

Posted via CB10
    Are you having issues with your spacebar?
    08-10-19 10:12 PM
    BB10 or BBAndroid doesn’t matter. The economic resources of Microsoft doesn’t matter in this battle. The PKB form, business and government contracts are based on totally different metrics in 2019 and that changed long ago. I’ve been a BlackBerry addict far longer and far expended. Society and it’s technologies evolved. Much of what us BB fans like or support, is simply no longer preferred by the masses and won’t be, ever.....
    Let's see what happens when a high level federal employee has his/her iPhone hacked.
    Trump has already undoubtedly had his Android twitter phone communications intercepted.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-19 10:28 PM
    Let's see what happens when a high level federal employee has his/her iPhone hacked.
    BB fans have been predicting a hack that will send people running back to BB for at least a decade - hacks have happened, and BB sales continue to fall. I wouldn't put any stock in such an event making even a measurable difference.

If an iPhone gets hacked, people will simply expect Apple to fix the problem, and they'll continue buying iPhones. History has proven this to be true. Apple users in particular will forgive almost any Apple sin.
    08-10-19 11:21 PM
    ...Apple users in particular will forgive almost any Apple sin.
    Much like some here will forgive any BlackBerry / BlackBerry Mobile / TCL sin....
    falbo, John Albert, Elky64 and 3 others like this.
    08-10-19 11:25 PM
    BB fans have been predicting a hack that will send people running back to BB for at least a decade - hacks have happened, and BB sales continue to fall. I wouldn't put any stock in such an event making even a measurable difference.

If an iPhone gets hacked, people will simply expect Apple to fix the problem, and they'll continue buying iPhones. History has proven this to be true. Apple users in particular will forgive almost any Apple sin.
    Not only that, but people will buy (in masses) the iPhone 11 even if it will still be the usual generic camera and display upgrade.

iSheeps will just keep coming, and Tim Cook will keep smiling.

Why be innovative when you can use sorcery / marketing to sell your products?
    RK_BB likes this.
    08-10-19 11:31 PM
    Not only that, but people will buy (in masses) the iPhone 11 even if it will still be the usual generic camera and display upgrade.

iSheeps will just keep coming, and Tim Cook will keep smiling.

Why be innovative when you can use sorcery / marketing to sell your products?
    They will only buy on BOGO or leases. 😎 iPhone sales are down more than 15 percent like other OEM. If it were not for carrier subsidies and trade in here in US new flagship phones for 1000 and more would not sell.
    08-10-19 11:47 PM
    They will only buy on BOGO or leases. iPhone sales are down more than 15 percent like other OEM. If it were not for carrier subsidies and trade in here in US new flagship phones for 1000 and more would not sell.
    I'm surprised it's not even more down.
    There is literally nothing exciting about these slabs compared to the prior generations but yet these OEM's survive just fine while niche devices like our BB's struggle
    Byrese likes this.
    08-10-19 11:50 PM
    I'm surprised it's not even more down.
    There is literally nothing exciting about these slabs compared to the prior generations but yet these OEM's survive just fine while niche devices like our BB's struggle
    Nothing exciting indeed!
    the_boon likes this.
    08-11-19 03:31 AM
    BB10 or BBAndroid doesn’t matter. The economic resources of Microsoft doesn’t matter in this battle. The PKB form, business and government contracts are based on totally different metrics in 2019 and that changed long ago. I’ve been a BlackBerry addict far longer and far expended. Society and it’s technologies evolved. Much of what us BB fans like or support, is simply no longer preferred by the masses and won’t be, ever.....
    The blackberryniche was rightbefore the apps and press fivetimes button (5) for a godddddamn non-capital (f).
    Manygot really good at sms typing thsiway
    Then BB got a. Full keyboard. Woa.

With first link to email. Underway. Whilemost had SMS and press (5)

This was the rise of BB. Andit was good. Then apple with iphone and APPS. With allthe moneypower of the developers
    Bringyour own device android ios+ bb s heavy handed adaption of one of the two main ecospheres did the rest
    And the rest is history.

Thereis
    A
    B
    S
    O
    L
    U
    T
    E
    L
    Y

Noreason bb couldnt regain foothold in a new tech cycle

Tome it seems thepeople have reached their 1000bucks spending limit oreven 800
    With a 2year contractchain

Whilemost apps 99%of em are once install never reused or isntalled again

Thismeans

They want those apps and services and cloud details
    Messengers etc theygot usedto

F
    U
    N
    C
    T
    I
    O
    N

F
    L
    A
    W
    L
    E
    S
    S
    L
    Y

And actual addicted to udpates
    And then they want a chique
    Very reliable device since alltheir life happens in these now

Then about the next big thing

Bb users evenmore so want reliability and safety

Idont want to be apologetic thatiwant a typemachine with a message service that always realtime gets throguh nomatterwhat with a device that sticks through hells and back

And doesnt cutmeoff actual apps

Stylish? Sure. Whynot

Think the next big thing is

5g streaming x gpu based ai app handlings
    Last edited by dubengeldu; 08-11-19 at 09:37 AM.
    CrackedBarry3 likes this.
    08-11-19 09:15 AM
    It really wasn't.

Posted via CB10
    I'm sure that BlackBerry Mobile tracked the performance of its advertising campaigns. So they know whether additional investment would have helped.

The way marketers work is they test ads and see if they impact sales against a baseline. If they do, they buy more ads.

A great example is infomercials. The companies that produce them run a few dozen late night spots in one or two markets for a few thousand dollars. If they produce results, they increase their investment. Otherwise, they give up on the ad or the product.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    TgeekB likes this.
    08-11-19 09:41 AM
    The blackberryniche was rightbefore the apps and press fivetimes button (5) for a godddddamn non-capital (f).
    Manygot really good at sms typing thsiway
    Then BB got a. Full keyboard. Woa.

With first link to email. Underway. Whilemost had SMS and press (5)

This was the rise of BB. Andit was good. Then apple with iphone and APPS. With allthe moneypower of the developers
    Bringyour own device android ios+ bb s heavy handed adaption of one of the two main ecospheres did the rest
    And the rest is history.

Thereis
    A
    B
    S
    O
    L
    U
    T
    E
    L
    Y

Noreason bb couldnt regain foothold in a new tech cycle

Tome it seems thepeople have reached their 1000bucks spending limit oreven 800
    With a 2year contractchain

Whilemost apps 99%of em are once install never reused or isntalled again

Thismeans

They want those apps and services and cloud details
    Messengers etc theygot usedto

F
    U
    N
    C
    T
    I
    O
    N

F
    L
    A
    W
    L
    E
    S
    S
    L
    Y

And actual addicted to udpates
    And then they want a chique
    Very reliable device since alltheir life happens in these now

Then about the next big thing

Bb users evenmore so want reliability and safety

Idont want to be apologetic thatiwant a typemachine with a message service that always realtime gets throguh nomatterwhat with a device that sticks through hells and back

And doesnt cutmeoff actual apps

Stylish? Sure. Whynot

Think the next big thing is

5g streaming x gpu based ai app handlings
    If you look at what Samsung is doing, it's an acknowledgment that some folks want more than just a slab.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-19 10:56 AM
    If you look at what Samsung is doing, it's an acknowledgment that some folks want more than just a slab.

Posted via CB10
    What is Samsung doing, aside from producing nothing but shiny glass-back slabs?

The Fold? I'd wait till we get a reliable product that stands the test of the.
    08-11-19 10:57 AM
    I think that if BBMO doesn't release something like a Passport with a slide-out keyboard, I'm gonna do my best to hang on until *this* is released. I don't care about gaming. This would be convenient though for answering texts and emails on the go.... But not as convenient as a phone with a good keyboard.

www.razer.com/projectlinda

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Tim Heard; 08-11-19 at 01:10 PM.
    08-11-19 11:01 AM
    Link doesn't work
    08-11-19 11:06 AM
    Link doesn't work
    Sorry. Google razer phone and project Linda.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-19 01:07 PM
    Sorry. Google razer phone and project Linda.

Posted via CB10
    Link opened for me. Says it was from CES 2018 as project / concept device.

Is this actually still happening or stillborn?
    08-11-19 01:10 PM
    well i just purchased the key2 red edition, and by my history of luck, an announcement of key3 is imminent lol.
    Where did you purchase the Key2 red edition? From whom?
    08-11-19 01:16 PM
    Link opened for me. Says it was from CES 2018 as project / concept device.

Is this actually still happening or stillborn?
    Not sure. (Sorry about the link, btw.)

There have been a number of shell laptops that were created that were similar. This one looked interesting in that it offered additional storage and a few other extras. I can't remember the names, but I have seen a couple of other options that are similar, but not as slick.

Edit: found this

https://android.gadgethacks.com/news...appen-0187437/

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Tim Heard; 08-11-19 at 01:28 PM.
    08-11-19 01:18 PM
    What is Samsung doing, aside from producing nothing but shiny glass-back slabs?

The Fold? I'd wait till we get a reliable product that stands the test of the.
    I forget what it's called, but they have developed something similar to the old BlackBerry interface that allowed you to use your phone on your PC.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-19 03:55 PM
    I forget what it's called, but they have developed something similar to the old BlackBerry interface that allowed you to use your phone on your PC.

Posted via CB10
    Samsung Dex?

My autocorrect attempted to change the "D" to an "S" there...
    Tim Heard and shadowcalling like this.
    08-11-19 04:03 PM
    Samsung Dex?

My autocorrect attempted to change the "D" to an "S" there...
    I think that's it.

Also, I think I saw something about them partnering with Microsoft. Might be related to the interface though. The point being that there's an acknowledgment that current slab phones of all varieties aren't adequate for business purposes.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-19 05:20 PM
    Android is to control the masses
    Ios for the leading class

Renouncing either for a security niche showed what the people want
    Itis about the app realms

S why microsoft failed
    Amazon probably too

Nowyouget hongmeng . _harmony additionally

It is not aaaaaaall about the hardware and screensize ithink

Itis alsoabout why huawei got hardhit without access to the ecosphere of eventhe control the masses devices

Posted via CB10
    Microsoft failed because of a multitude of reasons, but a major factor was because they were too late to the game.

But I fail to see how Amazon failed? Amazon's Fire tablets are still selling like hot cakes to this very day. Yes, their phone attempt failed but that was because it was too gimmicky, too slow and overpriced. But again: their Fire tablets are selling like hot cakes, so they are far from failing.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    08-11-19 05:29 PM
    Microsoft failed because of a multitude of reasons, but a major factor was because they were too late to the game.

But I fail to see how Amazon failed? Amazon's Fire tablets are still selling like hot cakes to this very day. Yes, their phone attempt failed but that was because it was too gimmicky, too slow and overpriced. But again: their Fire tablets are selling like hot cakes, so they are far from failing.
    I agree with the first half of this about Microsoft but not so much on the latter. I don't know if Amazon has failed but I don't see Fire's replacing iPads (of any variety) or when I visit a coffee shop. They don't seem to be that popular to me.
    08-11-19 07:05 PM
696 12345 ...