Almost positive we won't be seeing a Key3. The Key2 did not sell well. Probably had a lot to do with the price for spec. I think the Key2 is it, friends.
    It’s not the specs or the price... it’s simply most people have so desire for a PKB when a VKB is available. Slabs are preferred and PKB regardless of age, represent “old fashioned” or “archaic” to most people.
    08-10-19 10:54 AM
    It’s not the specs or the price... it’s simply most people have so desire for a PKB when a VKB is available. Slabs are preferred and PKB regardless of age, represent “old fashioned” or “archaic” to most people.
    Not true, it's lack of marketing and making it appealing. The key phones would sell millions, just in the business demographic alone, if they new the phones existed, and that it runs android and how it succeeds as a device communicator. Again lack of marketing and carrier support. They could also make the phone appeal to the non business crowd, again smart marketing, but they don't have an interest in phones much.
    08-10-19 11:02 AM
    Pretty sure that TCL is waiting for just the right time.... maybe bust in on Apple's lauch of the new iPhone to drop the news about the KEY3.

OP it was stated late this year or early next year. At this point, I'd assume that MWC might be the first official news we will get.... beyond some hardware sighting that should show up any day now (usually six months out).

But there are some signs that the licensing program isn't working...
    Lol..bust in on Apple's launch?? No one cares about these phones except us..no surprise launch is going to take any attention of a new iPhone..
    stefan_, antony99 and chidoro42 like this.
    08-10-19 11:23 AM
    Well ihope the negativity is not intent just because iwant a secure phone.

I agree that the perception of the (!)testers was sth between:

-Midrange equipment premiumprice (while ithink secretive security features gadget clowns do notknow : ie. the. V a l u e game)

-testers arelike: meh..keyboard..forwhat.. meh.. (adecade on touchscreen) mingle nostalgy with it. -

T
    H
    E
    N
    It cuts the videosize of their beloved shxitball game or video stream

Blackberry could hedge why security matters why it outclasses others in security

But right there android is a sxuckersgame and all serious people knowing serious things pick apple.

The gaysubculture which must guard some of what its customerbase does in many nations + 1trillion firepower

Posted via CB10
    08-10-19 11:39 AM
    Yes.. It has a lot to do with the spec. Any fencesitters on the pkb front aren't going to drop top tier money on mid spec phones. You can offset customers' apprehension by settign the phones price to something reasonable. This forum is still in denial about this. The only customer you will get is a diehard pkb user. Many ask me about my key2 and after finding out the price with little to no carrier support, they become disinterested immediately. If they key3 is priced appropriately for its hardware even with a 50$ premium for the keyboard, it will do well. The key2 was priced $200 too high, objectively. Sales were poor. We probably will not see a key3
    Elky64, melhiore and John Albert like this.
    08-10-19 11:44 AM
    All that BlackBerry has that people might want is the 9900 Q10 Classic form factor and it would have to be really cheap to appeal to Nigeria, India and Indonesia. Add a better processor and camera for North America. So while the device would be reasonably cheap the build quality should be Q10 level for North America and Q5 level for emerging markets.

The market for the Key device, Passport and slider are each too small. You need a form factor that might appeal to a world market.

In the alternative, I would have TCL making a 1:1 Key LE running Android one with no BB apps but paying licensing for the KB .
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 08-10-19 at 12:51 PM.
    08-10-19 12:18 PM
    Yes.. It has a lot to do with the spec. Any fencesitters on the pkb front aren't going to drop top tier money on mid spec phones. You can offset customers' apprehension by settign the phones price to something reasonable. This forum is still in denial about this. The only customer you will get is a diehard pkb user. Many ask me about my key2 and after finding out the price with little to no carrier support, they become disinterested immediately. If they key3 is priced appropriately for its hardware even with a 50$ premium for the keyboard, it will do well. The key2 was priced $200 too high, objectively. Sales were poor. We probably will not see a key3
    ...and then there's the poor availability that just seems to get worse with time. The majority aren't going to wade through hayfields trying to find when there's so many others to choose from right at their fingertips.
    shadowcalling likes this.
    08-10-19 12:43 PM
    Android is to control the masses
    Ios for the leading class

Renouncing either for a security niche showed what the people want
    Itis about the app realms

S why microsoft failed
    Amazon probably too

Nowyouget hongmeng . _harmony additionally

It is not aaaaaaall about the hardware and screensize ithink

Itis alsoabout why huawei got hardhit without access to the ecosphere of eventhe control the masses devices

Posted via CB10
    08-10-19 12:59 PM
    Not true, it's lack of marketing and making it appealing. The key phones would sell millions, just in the business demographic alone, if they new the phones existed, and that it runs android and how it succeeds as a device communicator. Again lack of marketing and carrier support. They could also make the phone appeal to the non business crowd, again smart marketing, but they don't have an interest in phones much.
    You’ve got to be kidding. This isn’t 2005 as much as it pains me with two PKB devices.
    Bbnivende, John Albert and TgeekB like this.
    08-10-19 03:18 PM
    If high specs mattered you’d see a Titan high end device.
    08-10-19 03:20 PM
    If high specs mattered you’d see a Titan high end device.
    Reliability matters too.
    dubengeldu likes this.
    08-10-19 04:52 PM
    Lol..bust in on Apple's launch?? No one cares about these phones except us..no surprise launch is going to take any attention of a new iPhone..
    Alot of people still care and others who want a change or something different , or unaware of it's existence, would be slighty intrigued. And just think if they were to release same day, and tbhe millions of publications around the world mentioned blackberry when talking about apples next release. Good marketing there.
    RK_BB likes this.
    08-10-19 05:13 PM
    You’ve got to be kidding. This isn’t 2005 as much as it pains me with two PKB devices.
    Please explain?? You suggesting the key phones arent good enough to sell or people wouldnt want one no matter how much marketing? Anyone that tried laughing leading to a debate with me in person , ended up with new blackberry converts. The value and uniqueness/greatness is there, but the perceived value of a device has been lost or wrongfully skewed, in which they need to be brought back down to earth and re enlightened.
    08-10-19 05:27 PM
    Please explain?? You suggesting the key phones arent good enough to sell or people wouldnt want one no matter how much marketing? Anyone that tried laughing leading to a debate with me in person , ended up with new blackberry converts. The value and uniqueness/greatness is there, but the perceived value of a device has been lost or wrongfully skewed, in which they need to be brought back down to earth and re enlightened.
    Marketing was done. It didn’t help.
    so crow likes this.
    08-10-19 05:46 PM
    I agree. In the government sector alone, BlackBerry should still be making a fortune.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-19 06:04 PM
    Marketing was done. It didn’t help.
    It really wasn't.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-19 06:05 PM
    It really wasn't.

Posted via CB10
    Marketing wasn’t? It was though you may believe not enough.
    I remember the “keep moving” ads, a Super Bowl ad. BlackBerry was bleeding money at that time and could not afford to advertise like Apple or Google.
    BB10 was, unfortunately, too little too late. No amount of marketing would have saved it.
    08-10-19 06:10 PM
    Marketing wasn’t? It was though you may believe not enough.
    I remember the “keep moving” ads, a Super Bowl ad. BlackBerry was bleeding money at that time and could not afford to advertise like Apple or Google.
    BB10 was, unfortunately, too little too late. No amount of marketing would have saved it.
    I'm not saying that they didn't spend *anything* on marketing, but BlackBerry hasn't spent much on marketing in decades, and what they have spent has been spent poorly.

Posted via CB10
    joshualebowitz likes this.
    08-10-19 06:37 PM
    I'm not saying that they didn't spend *anything* on marketing, but BlackBerry hasn't spent much on marketing in decades, and what they have spent has been spent poorly.

Posted via CB10
    I agree they haven’t spent a lot.
    First, they owned the smartphone market for quite a while and thought that would continue forever. Along comes the iPhone...
    They laugh.
    They realize they’re in trouble.
    By the time they do something, it’s too late.
    I agree they made their own grave. I just believe by the time BB10 was ready it was too late. If BB10 had appeared 5 years earlier we may be having a different conversation.
    08-10-19 06:41 PM
    BB10 or BBAndroid doesn’t matter. The economic resources of Microsoft doesn’t matter in this battle. The PKB form, business and government contracts are based on totally different metrics in 2019 and that changed long ago. I’ve been a BlackBerry addict far longer and far expended. Society and it’s technologies evolved. Much of what us BB fans like or support, is simply no longer preferred by the masses and won’t be, ever.....
    08-10-19 06:51 PM
    The lack of marketing ensured that the device wouldn't sell. Can't create demand for a device that people don't even know exists.
    08-10-19 07:05 PM
    Just thought I would raise this question again. I am itching for a new BlackBerry phone and wondering what the latest rumors are. Looks pretty silent now? I really wish bbmobile would provide some plan.
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh NO
    RK_BB likes this.
    08-10-19 07:10 PM
    The lack of marketing ensured that the device wouldn't sell. Can't create demand for a device that people don't even know exists.
    What kind of marketing beyond what did get done would you expect? How much can you buy with $10 million which BBMo doesn’t really have to spend? How much do Apple, Google and Microsoft spend on their respective OS businesses for mobile and desktop? How much do carriers spend? For you to see their marketing would have required $100-$200 million and still have accomplished nothing since that would have been minuscule in the industry. At what point does everyone realize how big the big players are compared to others like BB and BBMo were or are?

Still, doesn’t matter as if there’s any real demand for PKB, a large OEM would produce like the old days. The same production lines were used to produce the old PKB hardware until OEMs discontinued for lack of demand.
    08-10-19 08:53 PM
    If there's no Key3 in the works, I'm at a loss regarding my next purchase. I guess a refurbished Priv might be an option.

Asus used to offer some phones that doubled as laptops several years ago. I wonder if there's anyone offering anything like that.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-19 09:20 PM
    If there's no Key3 in the works, I'm at a loss regarding my next purchase. I guess a refurbished Priv might be an option.

Asus used to offer some phones that doubled as laptops several years ago. I wonder if there's anyone offering anything like that.

Posted via CB10
    When KEYones die, I’ll either dual carry another LG Android flagship or mid-tier, since number two player usually offers great carrier deals or I’ll activate my XR eSIM and stop dual carrying. It’s been a great run but times have changed.
    08-10-19 09:26 PM
696 1234 ...