Just thought I would raise this question again. I am itching for a new BlackBerry phone and wondering what the latest rumors are. Looks pretty silent now? I really wish bbmobile would provide some plan.
    08-09-19 06:45 AM
    Just thought I would raise this question again. I am itching for a new BlackBerry phone and wondering what the latest rumors are. Looks pretty silent now? I really wish bbmobile would provide some plan.
    Right around the corner. BlackBerry Mobile said is just waiting for when it's ready to make the announcement. Unless, BBMo changes it's mind.
    08-09-19 06:55 AM
    I doubt its around the corner or happening at all at this point.

It is way too quiet IMO.
    08-09-19 08:05 AM

It is way too quiet IMO.
    Pretty sure that TCL is waiting for just the right time.... maybe bust in on Apple's lauch of the new iPhone to drop the news about the KEY3.

OP it was stated late this year or early next year. At this point, I'd assume that MWC might be the first official news we will get.... beyond some hardware sighting that should show up any day now (usually six months out).

But there are some signs that the licensing program isn't working...
    08-09-19 08:17 AM
    ...show up any day now...
    Tone down the excitement sport! There are people of age around here.
    08-09-19 08:55 AM
    If I'm not mistaken the K2 was only released last year so I wouldn't expect a K3 until next year. I don't think there's enough pkb users to release a new version every 12 months, two years upgrade cycle for a new device seems about right but this is only my opinion and don't wish to upset anyone; -)
    hemodad and Livermore like this.
    08-09-19 09:12 AM
    If I'm not mistaken the K2 was only released last year so I wouldn't expect a K3 until next year. I don't think there's enough pkb users to release a new version every 12 months, two years upgrade cycle for a new device seems about right but this is only my opinion and don't wish to upset anyone; -)
    Problem I see... is I doubt BlackBerry Ltd can afford the program if there aren't enough PKB users to support YoY sales. I suspect 2019 is going to be a very low volume sales year for BBMo. And for BlackBerry Ltd a disaster.... Merah Puthin is gone, Optiemus financials show they are disputing what they own BB (700K is all they feel they own), and TCL took the year off and pulled out of the US market.

It might or might not be a tariff issue - but ending KEY2 sales after a year and KEY2 LE sales after less than that doesn't seem to show there is much of a market. In the US at least.

It's clear that BlackBerry Ltd and BBMo are scaling down their respective divisions... we just don't know how much, as neither feels a need to make a comment on what they are doing. If they have pulled out of the US because of tariffs, I don't see anything wrong in blaming it on the trade war. If sales were too low to support an update to PIE without a new device, and they'll just update the KEY2 straight to Q next year after the KEY3... would be something to let user know.
    the_boon, John Albert and Vistaus like this.
    08-09-19 09:30 AM

It is way too quiet IMO.
    You know I’m not the best at polite sarcasm....
    08-09-19 01:09 PM
    You know I’m not the best at polite sarcasm....
    Needs to be a button you can click that adds a "Caution Sarcasm" to follow.
    08-09-19 01:13 PM
    Needs to be a button you can click that adds a "Caution Sarcasm" to follow.
    Kind of like Reddit with the "spoilers" button
    08-09-19 01:33 PM
    Pretty sure that TCL is waiting for just the right time.... maybe bust in on Apple's lauch of the new iPhone to drop the news about the KEY3.

OP it was stated late this year or early next year. At this point, I'd assume that MWC might be the first official news we will get.... beyond some hardware sighting that should show up any day now (usually six months out).

But there are some signs that the licensing program isn't working...
    Let's call on CrackBerry Kevin to form a company to take over licencing and build us a key3 of his dreams! Only takes a few billion but I am sure some investors would join in......
    Tim Heard likes this.
    08-09-19 04:59 PM
    Let's call on CrackBerry Kevin to form a company to take over licencing and build us a key3 of his dreams! Only takes a few billion but I am sure some investors would join in......
    The Essential KEY3.
    the_boon likes this.
    08-09-19 05:34 PM
    The quarterly earnings seem profitable from growing services again like 200Mio range surplus for bb services. Thatisgood. TcL can only profit from this

As far as iknow itis all on a

Well managed 4.5billion surplus?! And not ona 4bio debt.

Imsure theyllmake a key3. It really is a matter of 5g how to secure it. They cant take a 4g only approach

Thats then what? Snapdragon 855+ ?

Posted via CB10
    08-09-19 05:40 PM
    The Essential KEY3.
    I think Kevin could be more successful.
    08-09-19 06:26 PM
    I think Kevin could be more successful.
    If compared to Essential Phone, I’d argue CBK has already been more successful...
    08-09-19 06:28 PM
    I'm sure you'll read about any leaks or FCC certifications here before anywhere else. It certainly will not be released in what's left of 2019. BBMO seems to have implemented a 2 year product cycle position rather than the traditional (and much more common) 1 year cycle. For them it makes a lot of business sense because they're already targeting a very very small niche group of consumers at this point, most of which carry their devices for at least two years anyways. There's a lot of folks that bought KEYone's who have not even considered the KEY2. After all, we are talking about business people here who may not necessarily see the value in owning the latest hottest phone every year, but that's subjective. Anyways, I'm hoping for a Spring 2020 launch if at all.
    falbo and Livermore like this.
    08-09-19 06:30 PM
    I'm sure you'll read about any leaks or FCC certifications here before anywhere else. It certainly will not be released in what's left of 2019. BBMO seems to have implemented a 2 year product cycle position rather than the traditional (and much more common) 1 year cycle. For them it makes a lot of business sense because they're already targeting a very very small niche group of consumers at this point, most of which carry their devices for at least two years anyways. There's a lot of folks that bought KEYone's who have not even considered the KEY2. After all, we are talking about business people here who may not necessarily see the value in owning the latest hottest phone every year, but that's subjective. Anyways, I'm hoping for a Spring 2020 launch if at all.
    Very good approach and comment, totally agree!
    08-09-19 10:18 PM
    Problem I see... is I doubt BlackBerry Ltd can afford the program if there aren't enough PKB users to support YoY sales. I suspect 2019 is going to be a very low volume sales year for BBMo. And for BlackBerry Ltd a disaster.... Merah Puthin is gone, Optiemus financials show they are disputing what they own BB (700K is all they feel they own), and TCL took the year off and pulled out of the US market.

It might or might not be a tariff issue - but ending KEY2 sales after a year and KEY2 LE sales after less than that doesn't seem to show there is much of a market. In the US at least.

It's clear that BlackBerry Ltd and BBMo are scaling down their respective divisions... we just don't know how much, as neither feels a need to make a comment on what they are doing. If they have pulled out of the US because of tariffs, I don't see anything wrong in blaming it on the trade war. If sales were too low to support an update to PIE without a new device, and they'll just update the KEY2 straight to Q next year after the KEY3... would be something to let user know.
    Very interesting. It seems clear at this point that BBmo is abandoning the USA market and reducing overhead but how is BlackBerry Ltd scaling down? What’s happening on that side?
    RK_BB likes this.
    08-10-19 12:53 AM
    If you ask me, TCL is out of the game already. BlackBerry extending support for BBOS and BB10 is a clear indication that they have a temporary holding spot for the Brand and hope somebody comes along. Think about it, Crackberry has done more promotion for the Unihertz Titan lately than any future TCL BlackBerry phone.
    08-10-19 12:56 AM
    Maybe there should be a K3 question forum of its own rather than a new person asking this very question of whether or not a K3 is coming soon throughout the site i.e. K2, ask a question, general discussion sections then we would all know were to go for any updates or views on the subject instead of it being spread out in different sub forums. I'll get my coat now (well it's raining heavy here)
    Tim Heard and RK_BB like this.
    08-10-19 02:34 AM
    Infact (!)all customers in themobile sector shifted to a

3year

Product upgrade cycle

Posted via CB10
    08-10-19 06:43 AM
    well i just purchased the key2 red edition, and by my history of luck, an announcement of key3 is imminent lol.
    08-10-19 06:58 AM
    well i just purchased the key2 red edition, and by my history of luck, an announcement of key3 is imminent lol.
    I need a keyboard, but can't stand the form factor of they key phones. I want a Priv the size of a Passport.

Posted via CB10
    chenized likes this.
    08-10-19 07:14 AM
    I need a keyboard, but can't stand the form factor of they key phones. I want a Priv the size of a Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Closest you’ll get is tablet with heavy duty Zagg attachment PKB like my iPad mini
    08-10-19 07:26 AM
    Almost positive we won't be seeing a Key3. The Key2 did not sell well. Probably had a lot to do with the price for spec. I think the Key2 is it, friends.
    08-10-19 09:57 AM
696 123 ...