I need to start planning for what I'm going to do when 9 comes out for the key 2 due to it breaking any form of "Call recording" from working.

I have some users that use it as a part of their business operations daily so I need to find another solution.
    maybe a portable inline recorder to plug into the headphones jack? :-/ this is going to suck i can tell.
    01-05-19 09:40 PM
    01-05-19 10:46 PM
    hmm ok so later in the year rather than earlier.

i guess that gives me some time to research. thanks.
    01-06-19 01:54 AM
    we may find out when the update is due this week:
    https://ausdroid.net/2019/01/07/tcl-...-ces-week/amp/
    01-06-19 08:46 PM
    we may find out when the update is due this week:
    https://ausdroid.net/2019/01/07/tcl-...-ces-week/amp/
    Eh, that was broad wording/speculation. The actual wording in the PR doesn't exactly lend to that, unless someone specifically asks about Pie or it just happens to come up. But... maybe.

The company will also have its full lineup of BlackBerry smartphones, including the BlackBerry KEY2 and KEY2 LE, and will be sharing the latest carrier availability for these devices in the U.S. and elsewhere around the world.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/news-r...019-a-1161852/
    01-06-19 11:25 PM
    It is going to come out months after the key3 is released. Same as Oreo did months after the Key2 release. (My Prediction)
    jope28 likes this.
    01-11-19 03:31 PM
    It is going to come out months after the key3 is released. Same as Oreo did months after the Key2 release. (My Prediction)
    In the prediction game, hard to argue with that.
    01-11-19 04:03 PM
    But the KEYONE wasn't on Project Treble, so it wasn't mandatory nor easy to port Oreo to it. The KEY2, however, is on Project Treble so it is mandatory and much easier to port OS upgrades.
    01-11-19 04:44 PM
    But the KEYONE wasn't on Project Treble, so it wasn't mandatory nor easy to port Oreo to it. The KEY2, however, is on Project Treble so it is mandatory and much easier to port OS upgrades.
    I thought Project Treble apply only for security updates, not OS upgrades.

Am I wrong?
    01-11-19 04:50 PM
    Woah, it thought BBs got updates fast?
    Don't know why I thought KEY2 already had Android 9
    01-11-19 05:09 PM
    Seriously? Going back to PRIV, OS version is 9-12 months off the latest release. It’s been that way since the beginning.
    01-11-19 05:13 PM
    Now that's funny... hahaha I've been with BlackBerry since 2005 and have always had to wait for updates. Factory unlocked or carrier locked...

Updates come when they come...

Bob
    01-11-19 05:16 PM
    Now that's funny... hahaha I've been with BlackBerry since 2005 and have always had to wait for updates. Factory unlocked or carrier locked...

Updates come when they come...

Bob
    I too have been around BlackBerry for a while although not introduced until @ '08. Unfortunately their Android play is much different than OS 7 and BlackBerry 10 and all over the place device by device. Some never update in regards to OS like the DTEK and CDMA KeyOne device. PRIV got one. KeyOne will only receive one and Key2, based on recent past the same. The Key models will receive 3 years security updates some on here claim. So the KeyOne will be just about unsupported when BlackBerry 10 has its end. Head shaking to me. Z10 receives 6+ years of support, like an iPhone and the Android variants until the Keyone received 2 years and except for PRIV zero OS updates. "The most secure Android phones (for 2 years) then your SOL." 😔🤔
    cyberdoggie and elfabio80 like this.
    01-12-19 01:30 AM
    I too have been around BlackBerry for a while although not introduced until @ '08. Unfortunately their Android play is much different than OS 7 and BlackBerry 10 and all over the place device by device. Some never update in regards to OS like the DTEK and CDMA KeyOne device. PRIV got one. KeyOne will only receive one and Key2, based on recent past the same. The Key models will receive 3 years security updates some on here claim. So the KeyOne will be just about unsupported when BlackBerry 10 has its end. Head shaking to me. Z10 receives 6+ years of support, like an iPhone and the Android variants until the Keyone received 2 years and except for PRIV zero OS updates. "The most secure Android phones (for 2 years) then your SOL."
    Seems part of the “planned obsolescence” game... Shameful actually.
    01-12-19 02:10 AM
    I too have been around BlackBerry for a while although not introduced until @ '08. Unfortunately their Android play is much different than OS 7 and BlackBerry 10 and all over the place device by device. Some never update in regards to OS like the DTEK and CDMA KeyOne device. PRIV got one. KeyOne will only receive one and Key2, based on recent past the same. The Key models will receive 3 years security updates some on here claim. So the KeyOne will be just about unsupported when BlackBerry 10 has its end. Head shaking to me. Z10 receives 6+ years of support, like an iPhone and the Android variants until the Keyone received 2 years and except for PRIV zero OS updates. "The most secure Android phones (for 2 years) then your SOL."
    Z10 and 6 years of support ? Lol

BB ltd and app developers basically stopped giving a damn about BB10 by early 2015
    01-12-19 07:08 PM
    And here I thought I would be left in the cold sooner than BlackBerry owners but turns out I am cheerfully wrong.

https://www.gizmochina.com/2019/01/0...-on-geekbench/
    01-13-19 07:39 AM
    Z10 and 6 years of support ? Lol

BB ltd and app developers basically stopped giving a damn about BB10 by early 2015
    True, but it did receive updates after that, even if they were mostly bug fixes only.
    01-14-19 12:07 PM
    There's a difference between security updates (which BlackBerry has been a bit better on in general) and OS updates which is a different animal.
    Vistaus likes this.
    01-14-19 12:19 PM
    There's a difference between security updates (which BlackBerry has been a bit better on in general) and OS updates which is a different animal.
    Yup, security updates are the boring stuff that goes on under the hood.

OS updates are the ones that actually make a difference to the user experience.

I care more about the latter, but that's just me.
    Vistaus and Adriano 1 like this.
    01-14-19 02:39 PM

I care more about the latter, but that's just me.
    No, it's not just you ;-)
    01-14-19 03:13 PM
    I get the interest in new OS but I find it really never changes all that much other then trying to relearn menus and such. There is talk of gestures but not sure if it was said that Blackberry KEY² would get to use them. I did like gestures that used. But I have accepted this is not and never will be bb10 as hard as that was to accept.

I'm pretty interested in gettin the latest OS as much as anyone.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    01-14-19 03:45 PM
    I get the interest in new OS but I find it really never changes all that much other then trying to relearn menus and such. There is talk of gestures but not sure if it was said that Blackberry KEY² would get to use them. I did like gestures that used. But I have accepted this is not and never will be bb10 as hard as that was to accept.

I'm pretty interested in gettin the latest OS as much as anyone.

Reg
    In that case you will be disappointed as the new recent apps functionality with gestures and stuff is more webOS-like than BB10-like.
    01-14-19 05:12 PM
    Well I won't be disappointed as I have no real expectation just skimmed over some threads. At one point I kinda thought it would come soon now I'm not so sure. Phone works perfect now so to me it's just about getting something new. Get bored

Reg
    01-14-19 06:09 PM
    I thought Project Treble apply only for security updates, not OS upgrades.

Am I wrong?
    Pie won't be on any BlackBerry Android phone until after their latest phone release. It's a sales gimmick. Buy the Key3 so you can have the Android Pie blah blah blah.
    01-15-19 12:24 PM
    Pie won't be on any BlackBerry Android phone until after their latest phone release. It's a sales gimmick. Buy the Key3 so you can have the Android Pie blah blah blah.
    That was part of the reason I got the K2 but putting that aside, if I am BlackBerry Mobile I am doing the same thing...all companies time launching anything new and all in the name of maximizing profits and creating excitement around thier brand.

Totally understandable! It's called Marketing.
    01-15-19 12:30 PM
43 12