I see, if I'm sure I want the phone, I could get it shipped to somewhere near Niagara Falls and cross the border to pick it up from there myself, or maybe figure something out then. As for PDA, has anyone bought from them before? I'm just wondering if they're legit since someone mentioned that they find them sketchy. It would be much easier if they are legit, but still no 128gb model
    I live in NF so PM me if you need a hand. I have relatives in the U.S.
    06-16-18 08:53 PM
    So, all that said.... where the heck can we Americans get a Dual-SIM version and since this time around it's actually produced by TCL (BlackBerry Mobile), wonder if the firmware will allow it to work here. The last version we tried, which is the device fop is referring to, was produced by the India licensees.
    portplayer likes this.
    06-20-18 05:53 PM
    So, all that said.... where the heck can we Americans get a Dual-SIM version and since this time around it's actually produced by TCL (BlackBerry Mobile), wonder if the firmware will allow it to work here. The last version we tried, which is the device fop is referring to, was produced by the India licensees.
    It seems the dual sim versions that different OEMs sell in NA are crippled to keep NA carriers happy.
    06-20-18 07:50 PM
    It seems the dual sim versions that different OEMs sell in NA are crippled to keep NA carriers happy.
    If we're lucky the Dual-SIM variant will be available in Canada!
    06-20-18 10:52 PM
    its possible an europe based dual sim would register IMS services on tmobile. but no way to know till one exists? I saw some german website selling dual-sim keytwo's so thats promising?
    06-21-18 08:01 AM
    If we're lucky the Dual-SIM variant will be available in Canada!
    I suspect it will be the same as last time. BBMo/TCL can't afford to upset any carriers and right now, they only have the Canadians on board.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-18 10:15 AM
    Keep in mind that never-msrp is a US seller. If you're in Canada, you'll be gambling with Canada Customs stopping the package and laying down some tariffs.
    This place is in QC ... you could almost drive up to get it, from NF
    06-21-18 10:24 AM
    This place is in QC ... you could almost drive up to get it, from NF
    My quoted post was referring to an eBay seller in the states, not PDA plaza.
    towngirl likes this.
    06-21-18 10:30 AM
    As FOP already stated, it should be available in Germany is I also saw dual SIM spec'd phones available on the sites for pre-order. I agree that perhaps the European versions, and the fact that they are actually directly produced by TCL blackberry mobile, should register ims services this time around in the States. I just hope they don't do like last time and prohibit shipping internationally.
    06-21-18 11:28 AM
    Has anyone found the BBF100-2 yet for preorder? It has expanded bands for Canada and the microSDXC slot.
    06-21-18 03:39 PM
    its possible an europe based dual sim would register IMS services on tmobile. but no way to know till one exists? I saw some german website selling dual-sim keytwo's so thats promising?
    My dual SIM KeyOne, using any combination of SIMs from the US and the UK, including T-Mobile USA, would still not allow WFC. The menu showed up in some cases, but no call functionality. I wonder if the K2 will be the same.
    06-21-18 06:58 PM
    Yes... I found out the reason no IMS (wifi calling and volte) on tmobile with our dual-sim keyones is because the indian/asian region has a different user-agent string hard coded in to connect to IMS than what is expected in NA and changing that was not something bbm cared to do as it would require a fully certified os update to change or something to that tune.
    My hope is that a dual-sim german region phone would inherently have the right user-agent hard coded in because a) tmobile is german on some level and b) I believe the eu version of the single-sim keyone can get IMS services on tmobile in NA.

So im hoping and praying we are in luck if there is a non asian dual-sim being produced. I will also reach back out to my tmobile contact who certifies phones for IMS service on tmobile and see if he has any info. He was helpful...
    willyq711 likes this.
    06-21-18 08:15 PM
    Yes... I found out the reason no IMS (wifi calling and volte) on tmobile with our dual-sim keyones is because the indian/asian region has a different user-agent string hard coded in to connect to IMS than what is expected in NA and changing that was not something bbm cared to do as it would require a fully certified os update to change or something to that tune.
    My hope is that a dual-sim german region phone would inherently have the right user-agent hard coded in because a) tmobile is german on some level and b) I believe the eu version of the single-sim keyone can get IMS services on tmobile in NA.

So im hoping and praying we are in luck if there is a non asian dual-sim being produced. I will also reach back out to my tmobile contact who certifies phones for IMS service on tmobile and see if he has any info. He was helpful...
    A sooner test that could bear hope is seeing if a bbb100-5 would work..
    06-21-18 08:29 PM
    Anyone know any details about when PDAPlaza might get/ship these dual sim versions?
    06-27-18 12:17 PM
    Now that the US versions have been announced for pre-order at Best Buy and Amazon, it's time to start plans for the best methods on obtaining the Dual-SIM versions.
    Last edited by willyq711; 06-30-18 at 11:42 PM.
    06-30-18 06:45 AM
    I also started with the single SIM silver KEYone but also had my DTEK60 for work. As soon as the dual Sim black version came up, I jumped at the opportunity to consolidate two phones.

The India KEYone took quite a journey to get into my hands as I got it shortly after launch. A fellow CB member was travelling to India on business and offered to help me out. I purchased the phone on Amazon India, had it delivered to his hotel. He picked it up for me and took brought it back to Canada (he's in BC) and when he got home, shipped it to me in Toronto. Really good guy! I used that device with two Rogers Sim cards and it worked great. Full Google services and everything. Not a single issue.

The bronze KEYone I bought off of a US seller on eBay a couple of months after it was released. Shipping was straight forward but I got dinged with duties when FedEx brought it over the border. It has the Arabic keyboard so is a cool, exotic edition to my collection. I'm currently typing this posting on it right now and it works great. I've got a Bell and Rogers Sim in it. Zero issues.

I recently purchased a dual Sim Motion from the same US based eBay seller as I had an itch to use the vkb again. Haven't gotten used to only having to carry one phone instead of two, I had to get the dual Sim Motion. I'm having it shipped to my hotel in San Francisco which I will be traveling to for work in 10 days. I expect that it will work fine as well.

Oh, and the India and bronze KEYone have been with me to the US and Dominican and work fine in those countries.
    Will the dual Sim version (Limited Edition Black) get software updates in North America like its TCL brethren? Thanks very much.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-18 08:55 PM
    I’m following thread as well..... danfrancisco, you’re a resident expert on the dual sims
    07-22-18 09:38 PM
    I checked the update status of all my dual sim devices and here's the build number they're currently on:

Limited Edition Black
    Model: BBB100-7
    Hardware version: PRD-63764-001
    Build: AAX862
    Security Patch Level: Apr 1, 2018

Bronze Edition UAE
    Model: BBB100-5
    Hardware version: PRD-63736-006
    Build: AAV813
    Security Patch Level: Feb 5, 2018

Dual SIM Motion
    Model: BBD100-6
    Hardware version: PRD-63753-011
    Build: ABA761
    Security Patch Level: Jun 5, 2018

Now I usually don't really pay too much attention to updates unless there's a known fix to a nasty bug that I'm waiting on, but now that I'm looking at these dates, it does seem weird that some of them are pretty behind the times.

How are the updates managed again? Is it carrier dependent even if it's a factory unlocked device? @thurask: Can you tell if I'm on the latest build for each of these devices?
    07-22-18 10:05 PM
    Will the dual Sim version (Limited Edition Black) get software updates in North America like its TCL brethren? Thanks very much.

Posted via CB10
    See what’s been started now.... LOL
    07-22-18 10:16 PM
    Limited Edition Black
    Model: BBB100-7
    Hardware version: PRD-63764-001
    Build: AAX862
    Security Patch Level: Apr 1, 2018

Bronze Edition UAE
    Model: BBB100-5
    Hardware version: PRD-63736-006
    Build: AAV813
    Security Patch Level: Feb 5, 2018

Dual SIM Motion
    Model: BBD100-6
    Hardware version: PRD-63753-011
    Build: ABA761
    Security Patch Level: Jun 5, 2018
    No (ABB216), maybe (haven't seen any OTAs), and yes, respectively.
    07-22-18 11:16 PM
    From what I've read on the forums and Evan's leaks, the Canadian version will not be dual sim. Only the Middle East, Asia-Pacific, and India will get the dual sim versions. So my question is are there any Canadians/Americans looking to buy the Dual Sim Version, and if so what options are there for us?
    Here in Italy we have the european dual sim version on market. But actually sold out.
    07-28-18 01:39 PM
    Here in Italy we have the european dual sim version on market. But actually sold out.
    Is it the 128GB black dual sim or the 64GB silver dual sim? It seems like the 64GB silver is the one that's been delayed.
    07-29-18 12:59 AM
    Is it the 128GB black dual sim or the 64GB silver dual sim? It seems like the 64GB silver is the one that's been delayed.
    edit: I mean
    128 Gb is only dual sim.
    64Gb Black and Silver but at the moment the 128Gb dual sim only black and is sold out; it will be again available in august.
    https://www.lambda-tek.it/BlackBerry...RoCvRgQAvD_BwE
    Last edited by Erodotus; 07-29-18 at 07:35 AM.
    07-29-18 01:09 AM
    Good morning True Believers! We are all simply going to have to face the fact that no dual sim Blackberry will ever register IMS on T-Mobile USA. Blackberry and T-Mobile don't give a damn and T-Mobile who I use for 3 lines and am a former employee totally lie when they state that they are BYOD and that they will register any Blackberry device! Not the case. We all probably know now as I have learned first hand that the dual sim features on the foreign KeyOne, Motion and Key2 all work fine on T-Mobile, but none will connect to IMS. Their are many dual sim phones out there that are North American variants that do connect to IMS on T-MO. I have tried a Nubia, Nokia, ZTE, and an ASUS and they all worked perfectly on T-MO with IMS! But all of them had goofy proprietary UIs that were not intuitive and terrible to work with so I keep going back to the Motion I have, single sim of course. The ASUS even had a full sim tray with dual sim and separate SD slot in the tray, but even though it's a 2018 model for some reason it has the old, outdated micro USB. Are these people in the 21st Century? In any case we all went to the Dark Side with Blackberry when they switched to Android, though we all fully know that BB10 is the finest mobile OS ever developed! So sad that they won't wake up and create the proper phone for folks in North America that want a fully functioning dual sim Blackberry! It's completely shameful. I personally love the new TCL Blackberrys with their superb build quality and intuitive UI. I expect that some of us will go even further to a Darker Side when Apple says "go to hell" to US carriers and builds their first dual sim phones next year! Not a huge fan of iOS but it is better than Android, stable and has a good UI. We'll see...till next time The Raver out!
    Last edited by theraver; 07-29-18 at 01:27 PM.
    Wrec and portplayer like this.
    07-29-18 10:33 AM
    Good morning True Believers! We are all simply going to have to face the fact that no dual sim Blackberry will ever register IMS on T-Mobile USA. Blackberry and T-Mobile don't give a damn and T-Mobile who I use for 3 lines and am a former employee totally lie when they state that they are BYOD and that they will register any Blackberry device! Not the case. We all probably know now as I have learned first hand that the dual sim features on the foreign KeyOne, Motion and Key2 all work fine on T-Mobile, but none will connect to IMS. Their are many dual sim phones out there that are North American variants that do connect to IMS on T-MO. I have tried a Nubia, Nokia, ZTE, and an ASUS and they all worked perfectly on T-MO with IMS! But all of them had goofy proprietary UIs that were not intuitive and terrible to work with so I keep going back to the Motion I have, single sim of course. The ASUS even had a full sim tray with dual sim and separate SD slot in the tray, but even though it's a 2018 model for some reason it has the old, outdated micro USB. Are these people in the 21st Century? In any case we all went to the Dark Side with Blackberry when they switched to Android, though we all fully know that BB10 is the finest mobile OS ever developed! So sad that they won't wake up and create the proper phone for folks in North America that want a fully functioning dual sim Blackberry! It's completely shameful. I personally love the new TCL Blackberrys with their superb build quality and intuitive UI. I expect that some of us will go even further to a Darker Side when Apple says "go to hell" to US carriers and builds their first dual sim phones next year! Not a huge fan of iOS but it is better than Android, stable and has a good UI. We'll see...till next time The Raver out!
    Nice rant. Couldn’t agree more except that Apple will probably not release dual sim phones... there solution is they have an eSIM for that.
    07-30-18 10:39 PM
78 1234