From what I've read on the forums and Evan's leaks, the Canadian version will not be dual sim. Only the Middle East, Asia-Pacific, and India will get the dual sim versions. So my question is are there any Canadians/Americans looking to buy the Dual Sim Version, and if so what options are there for us?
    06-07-18 10:43 PM
    I don't see why they don't do what most companies do, have a combo sim and sim/microsd tray. Everyone gets what they want.
    Kelvin Choi likes this.
    06-07-18 10:51 PM
    Yep, I'll definitely be getting one (I'm in Toronto). I already have the dual Sim black edition KEYone released in India, the dual Sim bronze KEYone released in the Middle East and the dual Sim Motion released in Europe.

They're a bit of a pain to import if you want to get them right when they launch (otherwise wait a few months and they'll pop up on eBay) and they cost a bit more. But for me, it's totally worth it and I'm completely addicted to dual Sim BBs now!
    06-07-18 10:58 PM
    I don't see why they don't do what most companies do, have a combo sim and sim/microsd tray. Everyone gets what they want.
    That's actually how BlackBerry Mobile does it....They just don't do it on all models (for some strange reason)
    06-07-18 11:14 PM
    Yea I wonder how much would it cost them to just alter that, so many companies have dual sim versions but won't sell in Canada for some reasons. If its really a "business" oriented, it should definitely have dual sim for those who have to travel for business.. Unless, they think that these businessmen don't care about roaming charges or something lol
    KellyM4 likes this.
    06-07-18 11:19 PM
    Yep, I'll definitely be getting one (I'm in Toronto). I already have the dual Sim black edition KEYone released in India, the dual Sim bronze KEYone released in the Middle East and the dual Sim Motion released in Europe.

They're a bit of a pain to import if you want to get them right when they launch (otherwise wait a few months and they'll pop up on eBay) and they cost a bit more. But for me, it's totally worth it and I'm completely addicted to dual Sim BBs now!
    Did you get your from ebay or somewhere else? I didn't like a lot of things about the keyone so I returned the silver single sim version and never bothered trying to get the Indian version. Does the Indian/Middle East dual sim version work like normal blackberry phones? I know the ones from China work differently like some services like google won't work, so just wondering if the Indian version has anything different from the Canadian version let's say?
    06-07-18 11:20 PM
    That's actually how BlackBerry Mobile does it....They just don't do it on all models (for some strange reason)
    A lot of companies have dual sim phones but won't sell in Canada, I know Samsung, Oneplus and at least a few other companies. I wonder if it's due to the lower demand of dual sim phones, higher cost, or regulations.
    06-07-18 11:23 PM
    Dual sim does not support the new lte band 66. Fyi

Typed using my BlackBerry Passport running the latest QNX software release 10.3.3 on Freedom Mobile DC-HSPA+
    Marcin Dabrowsky and rarsen like this.
    06-07-18 11:29 PM
    Did you get your from ebay or somewhere else? I didn't like a lot of things about the keyone so I returned the silver single sim version and never bothered trying to get the Indian version. Does the Indian/Middle East dual sim version work like normal blackberry phones? I know the ones from China work differently like some services like google won't work, so just wondering if the Indian version has anything different from the Canadian version let's say?
    I also started with the single SIM silver KEYone but also had my DTEK60 for work. As soon as the dual Sim black version came up, I jumped at the opportunity to consolidate two phones.

The India KEYone took quite a journey to get into my hands as I got it shortly after launch. A fellow CB member was travelling to India on business and offered to help me out. I purchased the phone on Amazon India, had it delivered to his hotel. He picked it up for me and took brought it back to Canada (he's in BC) and when he got home, shipped it to me in Toronto. Really good guy! I used that device with two Rogers Sim cards and it worked great. Full Google services and everything. Not a single issue.

The bronze KEYone I bought off of a US seller on eBay a couple of months after it was released. Shipping was straight forward but I got dinged with duties when FedEx brought it over the border. It has the Arabic keyboard so is a cool, exotic edition to my collection. I'm currently typing this posting on it right now and it works great. I've got a Bell and Rogers Sim in it. Zero issues.

I recently purchased a dual Sim Motion from the same US based eBay seller as I had an itch to use the vkb again. Haven't gotten used to only having to carry one phone instead of two, I had to get the dual Sim Motion. I'm having it shipped to my hotel in San Francisco which I will be traveling to for work in 10 days. I expect that it will work fine as well.

Oh, and the India and bronze KEYone have been with me to the US and Dominican and work fine in those countries.
    06-07-18 11:29 PM
    Yea I wonder how much would it cost them to just alter that, so many companies have dual sim versions but won't sell in Canada for some reasons. If its really a "business" oriented, it should definitely have dual sim for those who have to travel for business.. Unless, they think that these businessmen don't care about roaming charges or something lol
    I wonder if it has something to do with the carriers. I can see the carriers not wanting to have phones that can also connect to a competitor.
    06-08-18 12:08 AM
    Dual sim does not support the new lte band 66. Fyi

Typed using my BlackBerry Passport running the latest QNX software release 10.3.3 on Freedom Mobile DC-HSPA+
    Right! Does difference does it make if its missing a band? Mind explaining?
    06-08-18 12:16 AM
    I also started with the single SIM silver KEYone but also had my DTEK60 for work. As soon as the dual Sim black version came up, I jumped at the opportunity to consolidate two phones.

The India KEYone took quite a journey to get into my hands as I got it shortly after launch. A fellow CB member was travelling to India on business and offered to help me out. I purchased the phone on Amazon India, had it delivered to his hotel. He picked it up for me and took brought it back to Canada (he's in BC) and when he got home, shipped it to me in Toronto. Really good guy! I used that device with two Rogers Sim cards and it worked great. Full Google services and everything. Not a single issue.

The bronze KEYone I bought off of a US seller on eBay a couple of months after it was released. Shipping was straight forward but I got dinged with duties when FedEx brought it over the border. It has the Arabic keyboard so is a cool, exotic edition to my collection. I'm currently typing this posting on it right now and it works great. I've got a Bell and Rogers Sim in it. Zero issues.

I recently purchased a dual Sim Motion from the same US based eBay seller as I had an itch to use the vkb again. Haven't gotten used to only having to carry one phone instead of two, I had to get the dual Sim Motion. I'm having it shipped to my hotel in San Francisco which I will be traveling to for work in 10 days. I expect that it will work fine as well.

Oh, and the India and bronze KEYone have been with me to the US and Dominican and work fine in those countries.
    That sure is quite the journey haha, India to BC then Toronto lol
    Which ebay seller did you find it from, if you don't mind sharing, and does he/she sell them much more than what it is from India/Middle East? Having dual sim is so convenient! Do you get dual whatsapp and other apps like dual sim Samsung and Huawei phones have?
    06-08-18 12:21 AM
    I wonder if it has something to do with the carriers. I can see the carriers not wanting to have phones that can also connect to a competitor.
    Your theory actually makes a lot of sense, because one of the benefits I could think of having dual sim is to have one slot for my Canadian number sim, and then get one of those unlimited data deals from the US or something, they would probably hate that haha
    06-08-18 12:26 AM
    Right! Does difference does it make if its missing a band? Mind explaining?
    T-mobile (US) uses it, freedom mobile uses it. Others are also adopting the new band, slowly that is. Used for LTE.

Kelvin Choi likes this.
    06-08-18 01:01 AM
    That sure is quite the journey haha, India to BC then Toronto lol
    Which ebay seller did you find it from, if you don't mind sharing, and does he/she sell them much more than what it is from India/Middle East? Having dual sim is so convenient! Do you get dual whatsapp and other apps like dual sim Samsung and Huawei phones have?
    The seller is named never-msrp (I've seen other CB members mention them before on the forums). Here are the links to the two devices I bought from them:

Bronze KEYone: https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=LLW1HmJG

Motion: https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=KIhI5BwY

They sell other BlackBerry devices as well so check them out.

Sorry, but I can't comment on the Whatsapp question because I don't use it. BBM all the way for me!!!
    06-08-18 07:43 AM
    I would love one in the US, but understand there are issues in the phone operation here when they are dual sims. At least that is what I was told.
    06-08-18 07:49 AM
    This. Very very sad how much input on our lives they have here in the US. I still think Verizon with their check mark and att with their death star logos on otherwise beautiful devices is an abomination.
    06-08-18 08:08 AM
    The seller is named never-msrp (I've seen other CB members mention them before on the forums).

Acknowledged. I bought 6 phones from them. 2 keyones 3 mates and a Sammy. Great seller and only charges $9.99 for overnight shipping and I like my stuff now. Never had a single issue.
    06-08-18 08:13 AM
    This. Very very sad how much input on our lives they have here in the US. I still think Verizon with their check mark and att with their death star logos on otherwise beautiful devices is an abomination.
    Not just the US... America's hat suffers from carrier dictatorship as well! We Canucks feel your pain!

LOL @ AT&T Death Star logo... what a missed co-marketing opportunity!
    06-08-18 08:31 AM
    Acknowledged. I bought 6 phones from them. 2 keyones 3 mates and a Sammy. Great seller and only charges $9.99 for overnight shipping and I like my stuff now. Never had a single issue.
    Yeah, great seller and good communication! Definitely a good source for unlocked phones.

I hope they get to a point where they build up enough of a customer base so that they can move their core retail business off of eBay. Those seller fees must be a pain and their prices are already pretty low. I wouldn't have an issue paying the same prices and allowing them to get a bit more margins by saving on eBay seller fees. I wonder if the overhead of selling direct web retail is higher or lower than via eBay?
    06-08-18 08:34 AM
    When you have an ebay store the actual sell fees are way lower than for regular once in a while sellers.
    06-08-18 08:47 AM
    06-08-18 08:34 PM
    T-mobile (US) uses it, freedom mobile uses it. Others are also adopting the new band, slowly that is. Used for LTE.

Thanks for the info!
    06-08-18 10:15 PM
    The seller is named never-msrp (I've seen other CB members mention them before on the forums). Here are the links to the two devices I bought from them:

Bronze KEYone: https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=-Xyp3PH3

Motion: https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=nnCPwh42

Sorry, but I can't comment on the Whatsapp question because I don't use it. BBM all the way for me!!!
    That's one die hard blackberry fan! I still remember the days when people ask each other for BBM instead of numbers or facebook. I tried using it again but none of my friends use BBM lol! Thanks for the seller info! I'll keep an eye on this ebay seller, hope that they will have the dual sim version soon!
    06-08-18 10:18 PM
    I would love one in the US, but understand there are issues in the phone operation here when they are dual sims. At least that is what I was told.
    I think someone on the forum mentioned it too, something about China phones won't have access to google services and the google play store, and Indian/Hong Kong not having "news", not sure which news they're talking about but hope that won't be a big deal.
    06-08-18 10:21 PM
78 123 ...