Greetings CB,

So I finally got my Key2 back from BlackBerry warranty Repair and all seems to be working excellently except for the "OK Google" activation while connected to Android Auto. I only had the phone 2 days before the screen went bad, so don't know if it ever worked. My KeyOne worked great with AA, but the downside was the extreme lagging that made it almost unusable. Not so with the Key2, thing flies in comparison! However, after all kinds of actions I've taken to remedy the issue, I can't seem to get it to respond to "OK Google" when it's connected to the car. I've already Uninstaller and reinstalled Google, Google Asst and Android Auto multiple times; along with both soft and hard resets. Still nothing. All settings are correct, and I've even verified my settings with Google Support. I've also retrained (re-recorded) the Google voice activations multiple times and check that the involved apps have microphone permissions. All this and yet nothing. As soon as I disconnect the USB cord, the phone itself responds fine to OK Google. It's only whilst it is connected to the car via cable. If I press the MIC icon on the AA car's screen, it activates just fine. It's something to do with the MIC. I'm not even sure if AA switches the MIC to the car or if it still uses the phone's MIC by default. I can speak on the phone just fine through my car and it's now voice system works too, so I know the car's MIC is working.

Any tips to help me out here?
    12-15-18 12:00 PM
    just noticed I misspelled "not" in the thread title... I'm on the road so please excuse.
    12-15-18 12:01 PM
    Have you tried checking your settings?
    Open Android Auto app on the phone then go to > Settings > "OK Google" detection > Enable While driving option
    12-15-18 04:08 PM
    Greetings CB,

So I finally got my Key2 back from BlackBerry warranty Repair and all seems to be working excellently except for the "OK Google" activation while connected to Android Auto. I only had the phone 2 days before the screen went bad, so don't know if it ever worked. My KeyOne worked great with AA, but the downside was the extreme lagging that made it almost unusable. Not so with the Key2, thing flies in comparison! However, after all kinds of actions I've taken to remedy the issue, I can't seem to get it to respond to "OK Google" when it's connected to the car. I've already Uninstaller and reinstalled Google, Google Asst and Android Auto multiple times; along with both soft and hard resets. Still nothing. All settings are correct, and I've even verified my settings with Google Support. I've also retrained (re-recorded) the Google voice activations multiple times and check that the involved apps have microphone permissions. All this and yet nothing. As soon as I disconnect the USB cord, the phone itself responds fine to OK Google. It's only whilst it is connected to the car via cable. If I press the MIC icon on the AA car's screen, it activates just fine. It's something to do with the MIC. I'm not even sure if AA switches the MIC to the car or if it still uses the phone's MIC by default. I can speak on the phone just fine through my car and it's now voice system works too, so I know the car's MIC is working.

Any tips to help me out here?
    In The settings I chose to block "ok Google" while The Phone is locked. And also you Have tô chance settings to activate it.

My issue is with Android auto because The connection get Lost frequently or sometimes do not connect. My KEYone connects but my son's S8 Never connects
    12-17-18 12:46 PM
    I found an issue that might help you a bit. I was running the Beta Google Services app. I "ininstalled" it from the play store, which got it back to standard. I disabled updates so that I could control it manually.

Once I did those two steps the "Ok Google" keyword worked in the car again.

Try to uninstall and not allow an update - see if that resets it for you?
    12-18-18 09:18 PM
    Sorry guys, I was away for the holidays. Thanks for the tip, I'll try it today. So far it's definitely an issue with my Key2, as my KeyOne and wife's Samsung Note 8 work perfectly fine with the "OK Google" activation. I already have a case open with BlackBerry Support and have sent them logs and videos of the issue.
    01-05-19 07:46 AM
    Hey WArcher, which Google Services app is it? I have systems apps that such as Google Services Framework and Google play Services, etc.
    01-05-19 08:01 AM
    OK, so I just noticed something else.... every time I turn on the Android Auto app it turns on the Do Not Disturb services into Priority only mode.
    01-05-19 08:07 AM
    I'm having the same problem.
    01-05-19 08:28 AM
    I'll keep you all updated as I receive info back from BlackBerry.
    pgg101 likes this.
    01-05-19 10:19 AM
    OK, so it seems to be an inherent issue across the board, therefore the fix will be within the next update. here's the message from BlackBerry Support I received today:

Hello Willy,

Thank you for being so patient through out the process. We have been informed that the Android Auto issues are being worked on and should be fixed in a future update. At the moment we don't have a specific date but it will definitely be done. As per the
    case we will have no further updates to provide but your case is escalated and will remain in our records. If you do receive a system update and continue to experience the same issue, please reach out to us, so we can report it.

Your case will now be set as 'Resolved'. Should you have any further questions or issues concerning any other subject feel free to start a new inquiry on the website or call us at 855-223-4034.

Thank you for choosing BlackBerry Mobile as your daily communication device.
    01-13-19 10:22 PM
    Mine works pretty well. I actually used the option to turn it off so that I can use the button on my steering wheel instead (using my previous post).
    You can imagine the chaos of my kids keep saying "Ok Google" to change the songs.
    01-14-19 12:19 AM
    LOL! You should activate the voice recognition unlock so it only activates with your voice or who ever's voice you want to input (it will accept multiple).

Strange that yours works because I've had myself and so far 3 other users report the same issue in Cadillac, Honda and Ford systems. 2 of us have the Int'l Dual SIM variant of the Key2, but not sure about the other two.
    01-14-19 11:23 AM
    LOL! You should activate the voice recognition unlock so it only activates with your voice or who ever's voice you want to input (it will accept multiple).

Strange that yours works because I've had myself and so far 3 other users report the same issue in Cadillac, Honda and Ford systems. 2 of us have the Int'l Dual SIM variant of the Key2, but not sure about the other two.
    Yeah that option is disabled on my phone due to Android For Work. Btw my phone is dual sim BBF100-6, if that matters.
    01-14-19 04:31 PM
    anyone have the Ok Google working on their Key2 yet with Android Auto?
    02-17-19 01:38 PM
    Mine works pretty well. I actually used the option to turn it off so that I can use the button on my steering wheel instead (using my previous post).
    You can imagine the chaos of my kids keep saying "Ok Google" to change the songs.
    Hey. Which car do you have the voice button working with the android auto.

That be amazing if I could figure that out

I have a 2017 Chevy silverado, wonder if I can get that working for mine?
    02-17-19 01:40 PM
    Hey. Which car do you have the voice button working with the android auto.

That be amazing if I could figure that out

I have a 2017 Chevy silverado, wonder if I can get that working for mine?
    I’ve got Hyundai Santa Fe 2018. It works fine as far as the you’ve enabled the option from the settings of the app on your phone.
    02-17-19 02:39 PM
    I’ve got Hyundai Santa Fe 2018. It works fine as far as the you’ve enabled the option from the settings of the app on your phone.
    Thanks. Will try it out
    02-17-19 02:41 PM
    Has this system update been released? Just curious because I just got a KEY2 near the end of March and have had all the documented issues in these threads using Android Auto primarily when using Maps. If the release isn't available yet, is there a timeline? Can the Android Auto fix be downloaded independently? My car is a 2016 Hyundai Sonata.
    05-24-19 01:36 PM
    Hey CB,

So after waiting for months on Blackberry android and Google support, I finally fixed my OK Google issue on my own after trying multiple things. I did the following:

> As always, ensure you have all the most current updates installed (Settings / System / System Updates)

> Uninstalled the "Google" app (NOT Google Asst app - leave that AS-IS) ; OR your phone may not allow you to uninstall the Google app but may just regress it to it's original un-updated version; this is OK. You can do this by going to SETTINGS / APPS & NOTIFICATIONS / Select Google app / Select 3-dots menu in the upper right and either uninstall updates or just uninstall (whatever is available)

> Rebooted my phone.

> Reinstalled the Google app WITHOUT the update, or if it was only downgraded, leave as-is WITHOUT updating.

> Now connect to Android Auto (your vehicle with the USB_C or whatever physical connectivity you use) and try it out; you may need to click on the Google notification on your phone to activate it properly.
    Once you see it is reacting to your "OK Google" voice command, disconnect it (Physical cabled connection) wait a few seconds and reconnect to ensure it re-establishes functionality. If it doesn't work, try rebooting your phone, then try again.

> Once you have physically connected and reconnected the device & Android Auto a few times, then go back and UPDATE the Google app.

> Test the functions again, connecting and reconnecting 2 or 3 times, and you should be good.

The issue seems to stem from stuck cache or settings that cannot be cleared by simply Clearing the Cache or Force Stopping the Google app (however this may work for some), as it's integrated in just too much of the OS. Let me know if this works for you, as after months of waiting, this fix worked for me.

Just for the purpose of info, my vehicle is a GM (Cadillac Cue system with all updates installed).

Make it a GREAT ONE!
    Willy Q.
    06-21-19 07:52 AM