Since upgrading to this build 2 days ago, I now get 4-5 hours of battery. I've not used my phone much today but is already at 64% battery left after only 2.5 hours since charge and shows 4 hours remaining. I would normally get 12-13 hours. Friday alone I had to charge my phone twice in the middle of the day which I've never had to do.

I've rebooted twice and already did a factory reset a few months ago and REALLY want to avoid that as I use MFA with all my work accounts and want to avoid that mess if I can.

I did notice on Friday that Blackberry Hub+ showed over 20% usage in the battery settings which I've never seen before. I don't see this as an app to uninstall so am not sure what to do with that. I did clear the cache. It's showing 7% of total battery yet I've barely used it (ie only sent 2 emails).

Any advice without having to factory reset?
    01-30-21 11:27 AM
    Since upgrading to this build 2 days ago, I now get 4-5 hours of battery. I've not used my phone much today but is already at 64% battery left after only 2.5 hours since charge and shows 4 hours remaining. I would normally get 12-13 hours. Friday alone I had to charge my phone twice in the middle of the day which I've never had to do.

I've rebooted twice and already did a factory reset a few months ago and REALLY want to avoid that as I use MFA with all my work accounts and want to avoid that mess if I can.

I did notice on Friday that Blackberry Hub+ showed over 20% usage in the battery settings which I've never seen before. I don't see this as an app to uninstall so am not sure what to do with that. I did clear the cache. It's showing 7% of total battery yet I've barely used it (ie only sent 2 emails).

Any advice without having to factory reset?
    Have you tried one or multiple hard reboots?
    Press and hold the power button until you feel the fourth vibration then let it reboot.
    I'm running the same build with no difference in battery life.
    01-30-21 11:33 AM
    I will give the hard reboots a try.
    01-30-21 01:11 PM
    funny, my Key¹ used to do those vibrations with the 32sec power key press alleged to equal a battery pull, but now I feel no vibrations on my KEY²... how come?
    01-30-21 04:54 PM
    After 2 hard reboots Blackberry Hub now taking 25% of battery without using it.
    01-30-21 05:07 PM
    Could you post a screenshot of the battery usage screen? Specifically of the BlackBerry Hub app, just to confirm which one it is - as there are a few.
    01-30-21 05:18 PM
    I think BB Hub is the battery hog.

I'd disable it and use something else like Gmail or Outlook.
    01-30-21 11:29 PM
    I think BB Hub is the battery hog.

I'd disable it and use something else like Gmail or Outlook.
    At 25% battery usage without using the app there's a bigger problem. Whichever app it is needs a stern reminder.
    01-31-21 07:29 AM
    Blackberry Hub has never been a top battery user until this new build was updated. I've never seen it in the list of battery usage %.

Is it not possible to uninstall it and reinstall it? Clearing cache does not fix it. Plus I cannot use Gmail as I have all O365 accounts.

Today it's only showing only 5% usage yet Last Full Charge 2 hr 39min, 3 h 51 m left is 6 hours total battery life. I used to see like 12-13 hour remaining. Of the usage today only 5% (which is the most used) is Blackberry Hub, while in use 0m, while in background 0 min, battery usage 5%.

If the most used only accounts for 5% of total battery use, what is causing the 6 hour total battery life where prior to this build update I was getting 2-3 times that?

Yes I know FB adds to battery consumption showing today but was 0% yesterday when my Hub was 25%.Android ACU282 killing battery-screenshot_20210131-110024.jpgAndroid ACU282 killing battery-screenshot_20210131-110050.jpgAndroid ACU282 killing battery-screenshot_20210131-110103.jpg
    01-31-21 10:13 AM
    Blackberry Hub has never been a top battery user until this new build was updated. I've never seen it in the list of battery usage %.

Is it not possible to uninstall it and reinstall it? Clearing cache does not fix it. Plus I cannot use Gmail as I have all O365 accounts.

Today it's only showing only 5% usage yet Last Full Charge 2 hr 39min, 3 h 51 m left is 6 hours total battery life. I used to see like 12-13 hour remaining. Of the usage today only 5% (which is the most used) is Blackberry Hub, while in use 0m, while in background 0 min, battery usage 5%.

If the most used only accounts for 5% of total battery use, what is causing the 6 hour total battery life where prior to this build update I was getting 2-3 times that?

Yes I know FB adds to battery consumption showing today but was 0% yesterday when my Hub was 25%.
    When at the page in the screenshots, you can tap the three dots and Show system which should give an expanded view of system apps using battery. The next best thing I can think of is to clear the data for Hub+ Services - but then you'll need to log back into all of your email accounts.
    Ultimately you'd probably be best off to run the wipe autoloader and start fresh with no backups. Something definitely went wrong with your install of the update, and it might reach farther than just the one app.
    01-31-21 02:22 PM
    I turned on the battery optimization feature in Hub (never had to before but no choice) and now phone says after 2 hours use, 9 hours remain and Hub usage at 4%.
    02-01-21 09:15 AM
    I turned on the battery optimization feature in Hub (never had to before but no choice) and now phone says after 2 hours use, 9 hours remain and Hub usage at 4%.
    There is no need to do this. The OS update does not affect the HUB in any way whatsoever. It's simply a security patch.

Perhaps something went wrong on your specific device during the update process itself. I would suggest a factory reset or a clean install with the autoloader.
    02-01-21 11:05 AM
    As per my note about using my device for multiple O365 accounts with MFA, I am not wiping my device unless literally every other option has been troubleshooted. Nothing went wrong during the update as it was pretty simple.
    02-01-21 12:23 PM
    As per my note about using my device for multiple O365 accounts with MFA, I am not wiping my device unless literally every other option has been troubleshooted. Nothing went wrong during the update as it was pretty simple.
    Something hiccupped under the hood it would seem. Otherwise everyone would be affected.

You've done what you can without going the nuclear option.
    02-01-21 12:32 PM
    You could run the no wipe autoloader first just to clear up that path yet.
    02-01-21 05:59 PM
    Feb 5 Android update was just pushed to my device and even with it updating (not charging) it now shows 58% battery remaining 11 hrs left after 7 hours since charge. Guess it was this update that fixed it. My Blackberry Hub stopped appearing in the battery usage after about 4-5 days.
    02-08-21 03:07 PM
    Feb 5 Android update was just pushed to my device and even with it updating (not charging) it now shows 58% battery remaining 11 hrs left after 7 hours since charge. Guess it was this update that fixed it. My Blackberry Hub stopped appearing in the battery usage after about 4-5 days.
    It wasn't the update that fixed it. It was the update PROCESS that fixed it.
    02-08-21 03:14 PM