So sad that most brand publish there coming update's and BlackBerry Mobile is all silent. The brand is like a submarine these days running silent
    It's their middle name - BlackBerry Silent Mobile. Becoming pros at adding more fuel to an already raging fire, the heat in the kitchen is a rising.
    07-20-19 01:39 AM
    Don't be so pessimistic. The same support people told me they were working on a patch for an issue I am having, but there is no release date. Clearly they mean that there is no set date, not that they are working on a patch they will never release.
    07-20-19 02:01 AM
    Yet only 10.4% of Android devices are even on Pie so far.
    That's also because users are not installing it.
    07-20-19 02:24 AM
    There's a "fountain of optimism" flowing around here? Hmmm, guess we need glasses or a magnifying glass 🤓
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    07-20-19 02:32 AM
    According to this article it took 13 months to upgrade the K1 to Oreo; we are certainly getting in that window with the K2.

It's also worth noting that no variant world-wide received July which perhaps is indicative of a global Pie rollout.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2019/01/08/t...kberry-growth/
    anon(10599419) and Vistaus like this.
    07-21-19 11:08 PM
    Another indication of a possible Pie release is that the last time Hub+ Services was updated was June 21st and the last time Inbox was updated was June 29th. That too is a pretty long stretch from the usual weekly to bi-weekly update cycle. It's possible @LiamQ and company do not want to touch the apps before the rollout and maybe even test them on Pie themselves.

Let's hope we are in for a treat!
    07-22-19 02:07 PM
    Another indication of a possible Pie release is that the last time Hub+ Services was updated was June 21st and the last time Inbox was updated was June 29th. That too is a pretty long stretch from the usual weekly to bi-weekly update cycle. It's possible @LiamQ and company do not want to touch the apps before the rollout and maybe even test them on Pie themselves.

I don't know... taught that the Apps were already approved for PIE. Not sure how much hardware specific work they have to put into the apps, or if it's just general Android APIs?

Bottom line is right now LiamQ is probable busy on working to make the suite of apps compatible with "Q" right now. Once it goes live software developers have to be ready to support it. Especially in the US as Pixel devices are Enterprise favorites (behind Apple and Samsung).
    07-22-19 02:13 PM
    I don't know... taught that the Apps were already approved for PIE. Not sure how much hardware specific work they have to put into the apps, or if it's just general Android APIs?

Bottom line is right now LiamQ is probable busy on working to make the suite of apps compatible with "Q" right now. Once it goes live software developers have to be ready to support it. Especially in the US as Pixel devices are Enterprise favorites (behind Apple and Samsung).
    You know what? You are like the alarm clock going off in the middle of a sweet dream. Not sure you have many followers!

(I am kidding of course!)
    07-22-19 02:16 PM

Or the BB devs are on vacation? After all, it's summer, even in Canada lol
    07-22-19 02:28 PM
    You know what? You are like the alarm clock going off in the middle of a sweet dream. Not sure you have many followers!

(I am kidding of course!)
    Followers..... what good would they be?

Sorry to wake you... close your eyes and I'm sure you can pick up where you left off.

I still think it's possible that it comes, but clearly the idea that it will be early was.... overly optimistic.
    07-22-19 02:39 PM
    Or the BB devs are on vacation? After all, it's summer, even in Canada lol
    Liam is working! LOL

/blackberry-key2-f472/battery-drain-another-one-1174046/#post13420428
    07-22-19 03:49 PM
    Canada has summer??
    07-22-19 03:53 PM
    I decided not to go for the key2. Just keep my huawei and keyone with bad battery I Just bought a new device online with android one for the daughter to see how that goes . My wife wait till autumn if there will be a new BlackBerry device otherwise she swap to another brand with a full screen.

Sad that there is not a roadway when we can expect new devices for the coming 12 months. I must say I like the gesture/swipe from Huawei icm with BlackBerry Hub.
    07-22-19 04:12 PM
    I decided not to go for the key2. Just keep my huawei and keyone with bad battery I Just bought a new device online with android one for the daughter to see how that goes . My wife wait till autumn if there will be a new BlackBerry device otherwise she swap to another brand with a full screen.

Sad that there is not a roadway when we can expect new devices for the coming 12 months. I must say I like the gesture/swipe from Huawei icm with BlackBerry Hub.
    But is the gestures on the Huawei better than having a full physical keyboard?

For me, it's a big no lol
    Vistaus likes this.
    07-22-19 04:38 PM
    But is the gestures on the Huawei better than having a full physical keyboard?

For me, it's a big no lol
    Same here. PKB + Gestures = Heaven
    07-23-19 04:20 AM
    This build is appearing on more regional variants; I suspect that if all variants are targeted by the same build perhaps we are in for a surprise....
    07-23-19 10:54 AM
    I wonder how the capacitive buttons will work with Pie? Maybe that's what they're trying to figure out?
    07-23-19 12:38 PM
    I wonder how the capacitive buttons will work with Pie? Maybe that's what they're trying to figure out?
    There are two reports of two different CSR's in different regions alleging to Pie being the probable fix of the keypad problems.

Take it for what it's worth; it could be the CSR just wanting to get rid of the customer and close the case...
    07-23-19 12:48 PM
    I'm sure they can get it to work just fine. My S10+ has three nav buttons along the bottom by default and it shipped with Pie.
    07-23-19 01:12 PM
    Canada has summer??
    No. We have 'Not as cold'.
    Vistaus and the_boon like this.
    07-23-19 01:35 PM
    Not sure what's worse Canada's "not as cold" summer or Florida "not a unbearable muggy and hot" winter. Got to be someplace inbetween...
    Bla1ze and Vistaus like this.
    07-23-19 01:38 PM
    Not sure what's worse Canada's "not as cold" summer or Florida "not a unbearable muggy and hot" winter. Got to be someplace inbetween...
    This is why I like to spend time in AZ.. all the heat.. none of the humdity. That's my inbetween.
    dilijasi likes this.
    07-23-19 01:41 PM
    It's somewhere between North Carolina and Pennsylvania. At least on the east coast
    07-23-19 04:22 PM
    You mean construction season
    07-23-19 04:38 PM
    You need to come to the Canadian Paradise that is British Columbia! Our palm trees don't die, translation, never gets too cold or too hot.
    07-23-19 05:40 PM
721 ... 1819202122 ...