How do we know they are working on PIE? Evidence please. Might have missed something. Thank you,
    Last edited by Crusader03; 07-02-19 at 10:50 PM.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    07-02-19 06:43 PM
    If that's true, they might as well stop fiddling around with Pie and start laying the groundwork on Q.
    What are you talking about? If anything they are working on Fuchsia implementation.
    07-02-19 07:22 PM
    ABY299 update for KEYᵒⁿᵉ is confirmed as June 5 patch level.
    07-03-19 05:57 AM
    If that's true, they might as well stop fiddling around with Pie and start laying the groundwork on Q.
    Which is what I almost wonder if they might do that.... why pay BB to do PIE if there is no new phone. Wait six more months and just launch the KEY3 with Q and then give KEY2 owners and upgrade to Q. Some would be upset with the delay, but in the end they'd be happy to be on Q and not stuck on PIE.
    Vistaus likes this.
    07-03-19 07:27 AM
    Which is what I almost wonder if they might do that.... why pay BB to do PIE if there is no new phone. Wait six more months and just launch the KEY3 with Q and then give KEY2 owners and upgrade to Q. Some would be upset with the delay, but in the end they'd be happy to be on Q and not stuck on PIE.
    Is this material for a new comedy act? Pretty damn good!
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-03-19 10:46 AM
    More likely to ship Key3 with pie, upgrade Key2 to pie (similar to keyone and key2 currently) with a future upgrade to Q at some point in the future for the K3.

My Pixel won't be getting Q until the fall. There is no way BBMo will drop a K3 in Q1 2020 with Android Q. If they are working on a K3 currently, it is with pie, not likely a Q beta. Most OEM's won't get Q until Pixel and Essential receive it far in advance.
    the_boon likes this.
    07-04-19 03:19 PM
    More likely to ship Key3 with pie, upgrade Key2 to pie (similar to keyone and key2 currently) with a future upgrade to Q at some point in the future for the K3.

My Pixel won't be getting Q until the fall. There is no way BBMo will drop a K3 in Q1 2020 with Android Q. If they are working on a K3 currently, it is with pie, not likely a Q beta. Most OEM's won't get Q until Pixel and Essential receive it far in advance.
    Essential is still a thing?
    07-04-19 04:01 PM
    Not really. But, those folks who have them have been enjoying frequent updates as timely as Google phones.
    Vistaus likes this.
    07-04-19 04:15 PM
    Not really. But, those folks who have them have been enjoying frequent updates as timely as Google phones.
    Good thing the owner of Essential is richer than most gods. Plus, any apparent breach of commitment is on him personally.
    07-04-19 04:31 PM
    Good thing the owner of Essential is richer than most gods. Plus, any apparent breach of commitment is on him personally.
    For sure. Without that fact, Essential owners would be SOL.
    07-04-19 04:34 PM
    They're working on a new device. But the current Essential Phone will still receive Q. After that, it's all over as far as major upgrades are concerned.
    07-04-19 05:20 PM
    But is there anything else to enjoy about that phone lol
    07-04-19 06:12 PM
    They're working on a new device.
    Probably another slab no one needs or asked for
    07-04-19 06:13 PM
    Depends on one's priorities. If you want a "premium" glass sandwich with 800-series SoC, etc. then I guess they're not bad. They get timely updates which I think is important, but after that they're just, meh.
    07-04-19 06:36 PM
    Depends on one's priorities. If you want a "premium" glass sandwich with 800-series SoC, etc. then I guess they're not bad. They get timely updates which I think is important, but after that they're just, meh.
    Yeah but I heard the phone is a nightmare to repair and spare parts would be hard to come by
    07-04-19 07:54 PM
    It would be a nice surprise for Blackberry users and in this case there is a sense of buying even Key2 red because it was possible to see that they care about the customer and not just cut off the coupons and the rest do not interest them.
    07-06-19 03:01 AM
    Probably another slab no one needs or asked for
    There's something about a device running the native BlackBerry Android OS that feels advantageous, we'll rounded, smooth (the Motion proves/proved that to me). So I for one would be interested in seeing another "slab". Shoot, gimme a better camera with slight upgrades in processing/storage and I'd be one happy camper. 😋
    07-06-19 10:23 AM
    Sure there is. Considering the majority paid WAY less than full song is reason enough to enjoy.
    07-06-19 10:50 AM
    There's something about a device running the native BlackBerry Android OS that feels advantageous, we'll rounded, smooth (the Motion proves/proved that to me). So I for one would be interested in seeing another "slab". Shoot, gimme a better camera with slight upgrades in processing/storage and I'd be one happy camper. 😋
    But he was talking about Essential. I don't think they're interested in using BB's software
    07-06-19 03:29 PM
    But he was talking about Essential. I don't think they're interested in using BB's software
    Understood... My point was "sure we need another slab but w/BB Android OS/software, and wether we asked for it or not" lol.
    07-06-19 04:43 PM
    Understood... My point was "sure we need another slab but w/BB Android OS/software, and wether we asked for it or not" lol.
    Gotcha.
    07-06-19 04:53 PM
    Yesterday I submitted a question via the BB Support Center app when Android Pie would be available for the Key2.

Today I received an e-mail with the reply that they are sorry to disappoint us but there is no date for an Android upgrade for the Key2.
    07-09-19 02:14 PM
    Yesterday I submitted a question via the BB Support Center app when Android Pie would be available for the Key2.

Today I received an e-mail with the reply that they are sorry to disappoint us but there is no date for an Android upgrade for the Key2.
    Does that mean date unknown or never happening?
    Vistaus likes this.
    07-09-19 05:16 PM
    Most likely the latter.
    Vistaus likes this.
    07-09-19 05:25 PM
    Seems like it was purposely written to be vague.

I suppose the answer to the question in the OP is a definite "no" ?
    Vistaus likes this.
    07-09-19 05:27 PM
721 ... 1415161718 ...