I bought Blackberry Key2 from Amazon India on 27-Oct-18. At time of purchase, the product page had a mention of INR 4,000/- cashback to Amazon Pay wallet upon dispatch of the mobile.

It has been 10 days that I got this beauty, and totally loving it. But alas, I will need to give it up because Amazon is not crediting its promised cashback. Worst, they are blatantly denying existence of such an offer.

It is more heart wrenching that BBMobileIN has also refused to step in and left it on Amazon.

While I am trying to return the handset and recover my money, sharing my plight here so that no one else from this community gets duped similarly.

P.S.: don't forget to take screenshot at every step of purchase process at Amazon India! They would feign ignorance about their promises, and then ask for screenshots.
    11-10-18 10:21 AM
    I bought Blackberry Key2 from Amazon India on 27-Oct-18. At time of purchase, the product page had a mention of INR 4,000/- cashback to Amazon Pay wallet upon dispatch of the mobile.

It has been 10 days that I got this beauty, and totally loving it. But alas, I will need to give it up because Amazon is not crediting its promised cashback. Worst, they are blatantly denying existence of such an offer.

It is more heart wrenching that BBMobileIN has also refused to step in and left it on Amazon.

While I am trying to return the handset and recover my money, sharing my plight here so that no one else from this community gets duped similarly.

P.S.: don't forget to take screenshot at every step of purchase process at Amazon India! They would feign ignorance about their promises, and then ask for screenshots.
    Sucks that Amazon isn't following through, but you're going to return it because of $55 USD?
    11-10-18 10:25 AM
    Unfortunately, yes!

A promise not kept is a big reason for me!

4k might not be huge for me, but could be a month's earning for someone else here.

I have been a BlackBerry user for ages. Still have quite a few lying in drawers - couple of curves, a Z10, Passport, Keyone. Currently have a S9 and an IPhone, so didn't actually need another phone. Bought Key2 for my love of BB and the deal that I expected to get.

But this experience with Amazon, and the lack of any intervention by BBMobileIN, is making me do this.
    11-10-18 10:41 AM
    Unfortunately, yes!

A promise not kept is a big reason for me!

4k might not be huge for me, but could be a month's earning for someone else here.

I have been a BlackBerry user for ages. Still have quite a few lying in drawers - couple of curves, a Z10, Passport, Keyone. Currently have a S9 and an IPhone, so didn't actually need another phone. Bought Key2 for my love of BB and the deal that I expected to get.

But this experience with Amazon, and the lack of any intervention by BBMobileIN, is making me do this.
    This is a seller issue, not a manufacturer issue. If you think Amazon will care about your ethical stand, while depriving yourself of a great device, then OK.
    11-10-18 10:48 AM
    I totally agree. This post is just me trying to make other prospective buyers aware of pitfalls of buying from Amazon India. Caveat emptor.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    11-10-18 10:52 AM
    Return the device to me Instead 😁
    11-11-18 05:47 AM