It's so discouraging to want a key2. I come to this forum with excitement, then read a few threads and now my joy's dwindled.
    cckgz4 likes this.
    07-11-18 03:48 PM
    It's so discouraging to want a key2. I come to this forum with excitement, then read a few threads and now my joy's dwindled.
    It is what it is... I suggest you try it for yourself.
    Mrs Teapot likes this.
    07-11-18 03:51 PM
    I really like mine. Came from a launch day keyone. Awesome keyboard and it feels great.
    07-11-18 03:55 PM
    I honestly believe some of the issues were just poor QC on a few of the first devices. I've replaced mine and others have as well and are more than satisfied. Per above I suggest trying it and returning it if it doesn't meet your expectations.
    07-11-18 04:01 PM
    I would definitely try the phone for yourself. I'm learning new things about my key2 all the time and I'm honestly loving it. It's not a 100% perfect but then again what phone ever has been.

Classic example for me at the moment is the Bluetooth. Rock solid combined with my Garmin running watch and Sony wireless headphones equals best running companion period. No drop in signal, phone fell and scratch free. Thankfully screen protector which did it's job and minimal dent in battery after 90 minute run.

Loving it. Try it at a store if you can and make your own judgement
    07-11-18 04:03 PM
    You should take into account that 95% of satisfied users won't go posting around in forums about how their device works perfectly. Generally, you'll see the complaints. Now I can assure you that there are much MUCH less complaints about hardware defects on the KEY2 than there were last year on the KEYone.

Besides, try ANY phone forum. There will be complaints threads. And not just one or two..
    07-11-18 04:04 PM
    In my opinion, BlackBerry has never been known for high quality devices AT LAUNCH. Their devices do get better over time.

We like to forget screen lift issues and trackballs not working and unpainted keys even back in the days of the Bold 9000.

I think people will eventually love the K2... just wait for TCL to get good at making them.
    07-11-18 04:23 PM
    I would of been really put off myself

there are definitely a few teething issues with the phone

the keyboard has had a mind of its own for a few people including me

that aside it is a fantastic phone
    07-11-18 04:29 PM
    I would of been really put off myself

there are definitely a few teething issues with the phone

the keyboard has had a mind of its own for a few people including me

that aside it is a fantastic phone
    How's your latest unit?
    07-11-18 04:39 PM
    Ok, so I came from the iPhone 6. Please, if you truly want to be informed, checkout the other forums for launches! Samsung and iPhone should suffice, I've been on both! You will see that all the Negative Nellie's come out of the woodwork!!! Now, that's not to say there are no legitimate issues, of course, with all new launches of stuff!!! No need for weak kneejerk speculation, leave that to the Nellie's! Be informed! Be relevant! Be without ignorance! Be a lion, not a sheep! Cheers and no charge for life coaching,
    07-11-18 04:50 PM
    leave that to the Nellie's! Be informed! Be relevant! Be without ignorance! Be a lion, not a sheep! Cheers and no charge for life coaching,
    This reminded me of a Dr Bronner's soap label. I laughed, thank you.
    A Noise Annoys and C_McD like this.
    07-11-18 04:53 PM
    Glad I could amuse you! lol
    07-11-18 04:55 PM
    How's your latest unit?
    I'm on my second unit

I'm waiting for the third replacement

Today's one had a faulty scree

The space on my current one is little loose

And also random double character issue

To be fair

Lately I have had any double type issues so I might keep it as the batter is immense and display is spot on

The camera could do with an update as my Keyone black edition was taking fantastic photos
    07-11-18 05:41 PM
    Unfortunately this phone has become "try it yourself" instead of blindly buying it or importing from overseas.

I usually get it from UK since Australia gets it way late but this time I'm very reluctant due to QC and other issues.

It's sad that BlackBerry/TCL heard and upgraded components that plagued the performance of KeyOne but am not sure what kind of Quality Assurance they did to verify everything works well.
    Fred Wu, ron_jeremy and Malduin6 like this.
    07-11-18 05:54 PM
    Yes, its a big ask to buy from Australia when one can't simply return and replace it if not satisfied.
    07-11-18 06:23 PM
    That's one of the reasons I won't order them from abroad to Canada. Only from the US and even that return shipping is expensive.
    07-11-18 06:53 PM
    To be honest, I understand your hesitation. That being said, the KEYone had a few growing pains as well, and I have one of the ones that most likely will eventually have the screen pop out (manufacture date is in May, before the glue fix was initiated.) I am so torn - I usually upgrade to the latest device as soon as it is available, but I admit that I love my KEYone and find the speed and battery life, etc. to be fully compatible with my expectations from it. While I love to have the cutting-edge phone whenever possible, I also have to realize that in this case I can't quite justify buying the KEY2 right away.

Plus, I don't have any kids eligible to receive my old device at this time. My youngest has to wait another year before he gets a phone.
    07-11-18 08:30 PM
    People been complaining about KEYone all the time and I have it for almost a year now and my one long use review is KEYone is awesome. I just love it ! So what I want to say stop reading negative posts here and go get the phone. These negative reviews mean nothing. Most of the time it is just an opinion of someone getting out of his way to find faults in a phone.
    07-12-18 01:44 AM
    Again, early KEYone units seemed to be plagued with alot more issues than the KEY2 so far.
    At around this time last year, screens were already lifting, reception was terrible, and many many other complaints were piling up in the forums. Just gotta go to K1 forum and scroll way down... but who has time for that?
    07-12-18 04:07 AM
    Again, early KEYone units seemed to be plagued with alot more issues than the KEY2 so far.
    At around this time last year, screens were already lifting, reception was terrible, and many many other complaints were piling up in the forums. Just gotta go to K1 forum and scroll way down... but who has time for that?
    This time last year, or this amount of time after it launched in the UK?

But no ones even bothered with an official "I got my KEY2" thread yet. The KEYone's got started in April of last year.

Think you have to put it into the hands of enough users to get a real feel for it.
    07-12-18 11:47 AM
    I'm not sure what exactly is so terrible about the K2, and I don't feel like there are lots of negative reviews.
    I also did complain about the wobbly space bar, but am still not sure if this is a real problem or just a 'works as designed feature'. The space key lag that some have mentioned, is more related to SW optimization, which will definitely happen, imho.
    So space key, yes, there is some clarification needed, and I personally wish the readability of the symbols printed on the keys was better, but despite that, I'm keeping mine, because it's an absolutely cool & lovable & fun to use device, that improved in many fields, compared to the K1, and that I'm having a very hard time with to keep my fingers off from.
    07-12-18 12:05 PM
    I totally understand you as I started a thread a while ago about the same issue , unfortunately many of these numb heads who complain about this phone either can operate it properly or expect it to be perfect , yes there are a few issues that a software update will fix , you really need to take the plunge like many have and if its not for you return it one persons views of an ideal phone is not everyones, at least they haven't caught on fire as yet !
    rarsen likes this.
    07-12-18 12:31 PM
    There was some ***** complaining that one of the speakers at the bottom of the phone has very low volume , the key2 only has one speaker ! he then started rabbiting on about stereo speakers and was disappointed that the battery didnt last 2 whole days these are the idiots you are listening to !
    rarsen likes this.
    07-12-18 12:39 PM
    This reminded me of a Dr Bronner's soap label. I laughed, thank you.
    Hey! Label aside, that's good soap that is!
    07-12-18 01:34 PM
    You should take into account that 95% of satisfied users won't go posting around in forums about how their device works perfectly. Generally, you'll see the complaints. Now I can assure you that there are much MUCH less complaints about hardware defects on the KEY2 than there were last year on the KEYone.

Besides, try ANY phone forum. There will be complaints threads. And not just one or two..
    So the screens stay on this one?

JUST KIDDING FOLKS! lol
    07-12-18 02:07 PM
52 123