I. don't get it…it costs TCL. money. to do it
    For all we know, providing one or two more quarterly patches was part of the licencing termination agreement.
    03-24-20 10:17 AM
    For all we know, providing one or two more quarterly patches was part of the licencing termination agreement.
    You already indicated you have idea if it will come via OTA

I wonder if it would expected to somehow help fix some of my difficulties with clock (no screen saver clock app I have found to work), charge indication (put on Mere app), etc?
    03-24-20 10:23 AM
    You already indicated you have idea if it will come via OTA

I wonder if it would expected to somehow help fix some of my difficulties with clock (no screen saver clock app I have found to work), charge indication (put on Mere app), etc?
    I indicated that we don't yet know which specific variants may or may not get the update OTA.

As far as your charging port issues are concerned, it's highly unlikely it will be fixed by software.
    03-24-20 10:26 AM
    It was me that stated I had got it OTA today via Virgin Mobile in the UK. Here are the screenshots to show it landed on my KEY2. Not spotted any changes yet.
    Attached Thumbnails Against all odds: Another security patch is to come...-screenshot_20200324-191649.jpg   Against all odds: Another security patch is to come...-screenshot_20200324-191709.jpg  
    Bob80220 and anon(10387168) like this.
    03-24-20 02:32 PM
    Yeah looks "better" for maybe a couple more before the end in August.

But in the end, beyond someone rubber stamping Google Security Patch, and installing it into their update server for distribution... might be the work of one part time guy.

They aren't messing around with the whole patch that includes minor feature improvements so the risk of issues is pretty low from a support perspective.
    03-24-20 02:59 PM
    March update OTA KEY2 arrived. Vodafone Spain. Right in the middle of the massive COVID-19 disaster here...
    Against all odds: Another security patch is to come...-screenshot_20200329-145746.jpeg
    Bob80220 likes this.
    03-29-20 10:11 AM
    Hadn't you just recently claimed the opposite?
    03-29-20 11:16 AM
    Hadn't you just recently claimed the opposite?[IMG=540x798]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200329/cc6269048436b9b67133ac8ce0d2a8eb.jpg[/url]
    Another language barrier problem evidently.

I said no updates or devices. I did not mention security patches.

However, after an unprecedented 3 months of inactivity on the server, it seemed an absence of future patches was also the most likely scenario.

Did you not name the thread yourself: "against all odds"?
    Last edited by conite; 03-29-20 at 01:34 PM.
    BBuso77 likes this.
    03-29-20 11:22 AM
    But I never said 'BlackBerry Mobile is officially over'.

And in particular, I have never claimed that 'There will be no more devices and updates'.

Such a statement leaves no room for manoeuvre. You only say something like that when you definitely know that the statement is true. Or am I wrong?
    elfabio80 and anon(10387168) like this.
    03-29-20 12:29 PM

And in particular, I have never claimed that 'There will be no more devices and updates'.

Such a statement leaves no room for manoeuvre. You only say something like that when you definitely know that the statement is true. Or am I wrong?
    You have to understand that no one really knows what BBMo is going to do from now until August. I'm just thankful we got this update. Who knows, maybe they push out Pie right before the agreement officially terminates. Doubt it though.
    03-29-20 12:31 PM
    In about three or four weeks I can tell you if there will be another security update. Maybe the representatives of CrackBerry may know it earlier.
    03-29-20 12:34 PM
    In about three or four weeks I can tell you if there will be another security update. Maybe the representatives of CrackBerry may know it earlier.
    Please keep us updated... it's always appreciated by a number of us here with information like this regarding future updates... 👍

Most everyone else here on CrackBerry had been saying the updates were done and we wouldn't be receiving anymore.

Not bad for a Random Blogger... 🤣

Bob
    03-29-20 12:44 PM
    I for one always look forward to your insight and knowledgeable statements! I would trust your guesses more than some people's facts on here! Keep up the great work and thank you for always sharing with us.
    elfabio80 and Bob80220 like this.
    03-29-20 01:18 PM

But there will be no more updates or devices. What am I missing? Are you suggesting Pie or a KEY³ are coming?

I did not say "patches" in what you quoted. Although if I was asked, I would have said (as I have in a number of threads) that further patches would be unlikely given what has transpired.
    Last edited by conite; 03-29-20 at 01:37 PM.
    BBuso77 likes this.
    03-29-20 01:23 PM
    But there will be no more updates or devices. What am I missing? Are you suggesting Pie or a KEY³ are coming?

I did not say "patches" in what you quoted. Although if I was asked, I would have said (as I have in a number of threads) that further patches would be unlikely given what has transpired.
    Now we're debating how we define 'update'?
    How is a security patch not an update?
    In any event, what does it even matter what one said or didn't say? We got another security patch! Yay!
    03-29-20 01:42 PM
    Perhaps deflection, spin or amnesia? Just a guess!
    Bob80220 likes this.
    03-29-20 01:43 PM
    It definitely is an update, even though it usually doesn't bring new/exciting features.

Hopefully it will roll out to more variants.

And why the hell is the LE being left in the dust? They practically run the same exact OS. It would barely cost anymore to tweak it for the LE also.
    03-29-20 01:46 PM
    In any event, what does it even matter what one said or didn't say? We got another security patch! Yay!
    Perhaps deflection, spin or amnesia? Just a guess!
    It definitely is an update, even though it usually doesn't bring new/exciting features.

And why the hell is the LE being left in the dust? They practically run the same exact OS. It would barely cost anymore to tweak it for the LE also.
    Well, I know what I was referring to in my post. I am very clear with my language. I'm not trying to define the terms for others - it's just how I define them.

In any event, I would have said future security patches were very unlikely. I too was surprised - "against all odds".
    BBuso77 likes this.
    03-29-20 01:54 PM
    Well, I know what I was referring to in my post. I am very clear with my language.

In any event, I would have said future security patches were very unlikely. I too was surprised - "against all odds".
    TCL can be full of surprises in general

I was surprised to get my hands on a February 2020 assembled KEY2
    03-29-20 01:56 PM

Most of the LEs have the update.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1381535354
    03-29-20 01:56 PM
    TCL can be full of surprises in general

I was surprised to get my hands on a February 2020 assembled KEY2
    Yes, it is quite amazing they are still finding leftover stock here and there.
    pnw_yetti likes this.
    03-29-20 02:08 PM
    Yes, it is quite amazing they are still finding leftover stock here and there.
    And I have a question from another tap, who do Blackberry applications from Google Play belong to? to TCL or to Blackberry?
    03-31-20 03:48 PM
    And I have a question from another tap, who do Blackberry applications from Google Play belong to? to TCL or to Blackberry?
    The app suite is from BlackBerry Limited.
    03-31-20 04:16 PM
    The app suite is from BlackBerry Limited.
    So I understand that the application belongs to Blackberry Limited? aren't these people from Blackberry?
    03-31-20 04:39 PM
    So I understand that the application belongs to Blackberry Limited? aren't these people from Blackberry?
    Yes.
    03-31-20 04:42 PM
148 ... 3456