One more thing from the random blogger.

Here on CrackBerry, we're always told that there will be no further security updates for the KEY2 and KEY2LE models. To be honest, I've been assuming this for the last few weeks. However, I wanted to get an official statement or a binding statement from TCL about this and so I took some special, legal steps.

However, the result is not as negative as I expected, on the contrary, the answer will surprise us all:

A security update is planned by TCL for the end of March, which will include the Google patches up to and including March.

If you want to know details, you can read about it in our German BlackBerryBase.net forum.
    03-14-20 02:15 PM
    Thank you for your fact based information! Very good news all things considered!
    pnw_yetti likes this.
    03-14-20 02:37 PM

Here on CrackBerry, we're always told that there will be no further security updates for the KEY2 and KEY2LE models. To be honest, I've been assuming this for the last few weeks. However, I wanted to get an official statement or a binding statement from TCL about this and so I took some special, legal steps.

However, the result is not as negative as I expected, on the contrary, the answer will surprise us all:

A security update is planned by TCL for the end of March, which will include the Google patches up to and including March.

If you want to know details, you can read about it in our German BlackBerryBase.net forum.
    Are you saying there was a legal requirement to provide this final patch?
    03-14-20 02:39 PM
    03-14-20 02:52 PM
    I hope you are right, if just for your reputation! 16 days and counting down...

03-14-20 03:25 PM
    This would be good.

It will bring the KEY² to 21 months and the KEY² LE to 18 months.

A further June update would be even better.

As of today's date, there are still no other builds certified on PTCRB.

Conite - random poster.

-----

Btw, for everyone here, the information posted on @Paulelmar18's blog is that a TCL employee stated, in a personal communication, "according to my information, we are planning another update at the end of March, which also takes into account the Google patches from Jan-March" .

Time will tell if said "employee" exists, or has any direct knowledge or credibility.
    Last edited by conite; 03-14-20 at 03:58 PM.
    John Albert likes this.
    03-14-20 03:28 PM
    I hope you are right, if just for your reputation! 16 days and counting down...
    What does this have to do with MY reputation? I have this statement in black and white and if the promise is not kept, then that is TCL's problem.
    03-14-20 03:30 PM
    To my astonishment another patch squeezed out surely they don’t have any more to squeeze out do they. Great effort to all involved in this great work especially with what’s happening at this moment in time with corona.
    03-14-20 03:44 PM
    I don't see TCL making public statements about it. It is therefore a statement issued by you.
    What does this have to do with MY reputation? I have this statement in black and white and if the promise is not kept, then that is TCL's problem.
    John Albert likes this.
    03-14-20 03:45 PM
    It has nothing at all to do with your reputation! You have always posted with credible sources! If the update does not happen, then in indeed that is for TCL to shoulder! This site never ceases to astonish me! Well done, and once again thank you for sharing with our community!
    03-14-20 04:17 PM
    No.
    Then what did “special, legal steps” refer to?
    John Albert likes this.
    03-14-20 04:28 PM
    Be awesome to see for sure. Think most of us hoped to see another patch but we certainly were not going to be holding our breath given the official statement from TCL back a couple months
    03-14-20 04:52 PM
    It has nothing at all to do with your reputation! You have always posted with credible sources! If the update does not happen, then in indeed that is for TCL to shoulder! This site never ceases to astonish me! Well done, and once again thank you for sharing with our community!
    Agreed... I am never surprised unfortunately these days with what some here on CrackBerry post. As always I do consider the source of these posts. Same ole... Same ole.

Bob
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    03-14-20 05:13 PM
    To my astonishment another patch squeezed out surely they don’t have any more to squeeze out do they. Great effort to all involved in this great work especially with what’s happening at this moment in time with corona.
    Imagine if Corona had happened in 2011-2012 before BB10 was launched....we wouldn't even be talking about Android today....at least as it concerns BlackBerry's primary powered OS. The security risk of a computer virus is far more stealthy but comparative. People don't lose lives, but perhaps livlihoods....but only months later, when they don't know what hit them, from their compromised devices.
    03-14-20 07:01 PM
    Tick tock tick tock.... 15 days now.
    Agreed... I am never surprised unfortunately these days with what some here on CrackBerry post. As always I do consider the source of these posts. Same ole... Same ole.

Bob
    03-14-20 07:46 PM
    03-14-20 08:26 PM
    🙏hope hope hope
    03-14-20 10:55 PM
    Still waiting to see about that full-touch device that you promised was coming in 2019…
    03-14-20 11:19 PM
    I believe you are referring to the Quid Pro Quo that TCL would update K2's to PIE and release a K3 depending on sales performance of said K2! Well discussed here. I believe the Promise if any, lies with TCL! Perhaps you should ask them? Of course, for me, TCL is DEAD, so really a moot point!
    Last edited by Crusader03; 03-14-20 at 11:46 PM.
    03-14-20 11:31 PM
    What legal steps have you taken?
    This story is still missing some parts.
    03-14-20 11:42 PM
    I believe you are referring to the Quid Pro Quo that TCL would update K2's to PIE and release a K3 depending on sales performance of said K2! Well discussed here. I believe the Promise if any, lies with TCL! Perhaps you should ask them? Of course, for me, TCL is DEAD, so really a mute point!
    *moot
    03-14-20 11:43 PM
    *moot
    Noted! Thank you!
    03-14-20 11:45 PM
    Noted! Thank you!
    03-14-20 11:46 PM
    What legal steps have you taken?
    This story is still missing some parts.
    That’s what I wondered as well but I believe answer will have to wait till Paulelmar18 wakes up.
    03-14-20 11:48 PM
    *moot
    Somewhere, there lies a Helen Keller joke. I only thought of this because apparently my 13 year old daughter recently discovered and didn’t believe these existed in our youth.
    Jrox74 likes this.
    03-14-20 11:50 PM
148 123 ...