Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Good:

Camera daylight performance

Speed key - don't think it's possible to multi task faster on android at the moment

Call quality

Typing on keyboard is the nicest since the passport

For me personally, they finally nailed the keyboard back lighting. Uniform throughout the keys.

Currency key pulling down notification tray

General speed of device. Even boot up, there is a massive difference from my silver key one.

Really useful textured power/lock key.

New locker is great. Can now fingerprint protect access to work apps such as MS Onecote and WhatsApp business using stock app.

No more 'always on' navigation keys.

Bad:

Space bar key has a horrible cheap click feel. Mine may be faulty and I also miss the led lights on the spacebar.

I prefer the weight of the keyone.

Camera in any other scenario than excellent light is rubbish (worse than keyone in my opinion). Would be amazed if they don't release a software update soon.

The model number, CE logo and a wheelie bin is on the back cover. It wasn't on the KeyOne so why put it on this device?

Got to wait ages for accessories. Skinomi can't deliver me a screen protector until mid august!

Inconclusive:

Battery life - at the moment I think it's marginally worse than the keyone but not a deal breaker.

Worth noting:

My fingerprint sensor was not registering my fingerprint first time, every time once added. I deleted it and made sure when I added it again, I was much more careful and covering the full area of my thumb.
    Problem solved.
    Last edited by jimmykav; 06-30-18 at 06:11 AM.
    06-30-18 06:00 AM
    Interesting thoughts.

The uniformity of the backlit keys is something I like to hear. Notice Blackberry always struggled with this. I feel like the best backlit keyboard I've seen is the Q10.

Concerned about this spacebar. I've seen some reviews where they noted the spacekey sounded different from the normal keys and also was a bit loud. Also heard the spacebar on the black variant feels loose while the silver feels more secured and tight.

Do you have the silver or black?

Posted via CB10
    06-30-18 06:32 AM
    I have the black one, and the space bar is ugly. The camera is really worse than the one in the K1. Even with lots of light the pictures are over-sharped (100% view at Eizo Desktop) and pixels are washed out and not sharp. Was much better on K1.
    06-30-18 06:44 AM
    Yes I have a black edition but I'm going to give the space key a week to bed in because to me it's not just the sound it makes that feels wrong.

camera I'm not too bothered about as a software update could sort that out and I remember when I got the first update i got on my Keyone it made many things better.
    weichuan likes this.
    06-30-18 07:21 AM
    I think revision model will fix the space bar.
    weichuan likes this.
    06-30-18 07:48 AM
    After a weeks use the space bar has got slightly better but it still feels and sounds cheap compared to the keyone. I don't think they did as good a job with the fingerprint scanner on this phone. Not accurate enough in my opinion.

Battery is a good as ever.

Rest of the phone runs great.

I prefer typing on the Key2 keyboard by a big margin, however I really don't think it's as easy to flick type on this keyboard. Can't work out if it's because of the Matt keyboard or the feel of the buttons.

The camera is total garbage in anything other than perfect light. Portrait mode is particularly bad, although the photos taken outside were impressive. Really hope they fix this.

Call quality, signal and speakers marginally better.

Would be interested to know if anyone is using Firefox Focus as a main browser (it wasn't preloaded on my KEY2 which was weird as I thought BlackBerry said it was). After using the Password autofill successfully for two days, the safe icon stopped appearing on login screens.
    Deleted both apps, reinstalled and got it working again and now after another two days, same problem. Anyone else experienced this or am I doing something wrong?

New locker which enables me to have fingerprint access to WhatsApp business and onenote is really useful. I know you could do it with other apps beforehand, but the fact this is preloaded and an extension of an app we already had is nice.
    07-05-18 01:59 PM
    it wasn't preloaded on my KEY2 which was weird as I thought BlackBerry said it was
    Have you checked the "locker"? I thought I read somewhere that it is pre-installed there. Someone may correct me on this.
    07-05-18 02:03 PM
    no just had a look. Only Google photos was in there. I'm getting rid of that soon though and going back to BlackBerry gallery.
    07-05-18 02:06 PM
    Someone posted a 5 hour video of himself typing gibberish on the Key2.
    The clicking sounds great to me.

07-05-18 03:35 PM
    What the hell is this guy doing tho. 5 hours?!
    07-05-18 03:48 PM
    Really?
    07-05-18 04:28 PM
    Someone posted a 5 hour video of himself typing gibberish on the Key2.
    The clicking sounds great to me.

That is:

A. Sad
    B. Filled with Typos
    C. Pathetic
    07-05-18 08:36 PM
    What the hell is this guy doing tho. 5 hours?!
    It's a loop of maybe 5 minutes. Check the time at the notification bar, it goes from 7:36pm to maybe 7:41pm
    melhiore, nbaliga and the_boon like this.
    07-05-18 09:04 PM