I was much slower in my work as it comes to typing. I send so many emails and texts a day for work. i dont really have any complaints about the phone other than the poor camera (i have a pixel 2 xl and it just doesnt come close to comparing). I really like the build and size of the device. its very quality.

I just mainly found myself much slower in getting messages and emails pounded out. I started to readjust after about 3-4 hours, but it was just so much work to type lol. Autocorrect these days is so good you can almost no-look type with minimal mistakes (at least i can).

This was the dream phone i wanted 6-7 years ago, so I wanted to give it a shot. its not a bad phone, but just seems like you're giving up a lot just for a physical keyboard. oh well, i gave it a shot

https://swappa.com/listing/MGC793/vi...UvbUpU13235558
    Hphv likes this.
    07-15-18 03:21 PM
    Dude, why don't you give it more than just 24 hours before throwing in the towel? Most reviews said it takes about 1-3 weeks to really adjust to the keyboard
    07-15-18 03:35 PM
    i did adjust after 3 - 4 hours. its just too much work lol. i think the usage said i typed over 2000 words yesterday.

in the end, i just feel like i'm sacrificing too much for the physical keyboard. maybe i'll try their next touchscreen device. i do like the software they offer a lot.
    Fred Wu likes this.
    07-15-18 03:39 PM
    Bro give it a longer trial period. Keyboard is so much nice than typing on glass.
    07-15-18 03:44 PM
    Even myself, having virtually used physical keyboard phones exclusively since many many years, had to take a couple of days before adjusting to the new K2 keyboard. That was coming straight from a Keyone which I used since more than a year. The new keyboard is more spaceious, has a different feel and a different click - all of that takes time for the muscle memory to adjust.

I second the comments here you should take more time before making a judgement. On the other side, you should consider what you expect from a keyboard. When it is for sheer speed, I am usually somewhat faster on a VKB than I am on a PKB. However on the latter I have virtually all typing assists disabled, have full control over my typing and have unbeaten accuracy.
    07-15-18 04:36 PM
    i did adjust after 3 - 4 hours. its just too much work lol. i think the usage said i typed over 2000 words yesterday.

in the end, i just feel like i'm sacrificing too much for the physical keyboard. maybe i'll try their next touchscreen device. i do like the software they offer a lot.
    I don't have a KEY2 (or 1, for that matter), but I agree with others here. You CANNOT possibly be proficient with a keyboard in one day. Ten days to 2 weeks minimum, I don't care how fast you learn. Anyway it is your choice and my opinion only.
    07-15-18 05:20 PM
  7. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I don't have a KEY2 (or 1, for that matter), but I agree with others here. You CANNOT possibly be proficient with a keyboard in one day. Ten days to 2 weeks minimum, I don't care how fast you learn. Anyway it is your choice and my opinion only.
    I agree.. every pkb phone I have owned... and I have owned them all since day one with BlackBerry..has taken a few weeks to really get into the keyboard and the phone...it gets better with usage.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-18 08:39 PM
    I believe OP's concern was not the experience of the PKB, but rather what he is losing in other regards such as camera and screen.

Nothing wrong with having priorities and choosing what works best for you. At least he wasn't spamming threads and complaining about the price.
    Fred Wu, jd3232 and anon(10429275) like this.
    07-15-18 09:02 PM
    It took me a week to get used to passport and then my fingers flew on the keyboard. I first noticed a difference on day three. Give it a week.
    07-15-18 09:14 PM
    I have had my KEY2 for 48 hours, first PKB in probably 8 years, and I'm still slow, but I've increased speeds significantly in 48 hours.

I would assume in a week or so I'll be at regular speed or faster
    07-15-18 09:54 PM
    I have had my KEY2 for 48 hours, first PKB in probably 8 years, and I'm still slow, but I've increased speeds significantly in 48 hours.

I would assume in a week or so I'll be at regular speed or faster
    Everyone here is right Mike. Two weeks and you’re golden
    07-17-18 12:32 AM
    Yes, it all depends on what you're used to. I have been using a Blackberry PKB for twelve years and I am not nearly as fast on a VKB. (True confessions: I'm slow on both, but I am slower on a VKB).
    07-17-18 11:14 AM
    I'm still on a PRIV. I would say that I'm perhaps a bit faster PKB vs VKB, but for me the frustration factor is the key. VKBs drive me UP THE WALL.

The PRIV's VKB is relatively decent, but there's just something about having the keys being physically pressed. If you get me going back to something like an iPhone 5, then all bets are off - the device is so narrow that the keyboard becomes nearly useless to me.
    07-17-18 11:39 AM
    Good luck getting $650 on a used KEY2, even with the 64GB memory card.
    07-17-18 11:59 AM
    I'm still on a PRIV. I would say that I'm perhaps a bit faster PKB vs VKB, but for me the frustration factor is the key. VKBs drive me UP THE WALL.

The PRIV's VKB is relatively decent, but there's just something about having the keys being physically pressed. If you get me going back to something like an iPhone 5, then all bets are off - the device is so narrow that the keyboard becomes nearly useless to me.
    Definitely agree. I actually also have an iPhone SE (with Typo PKB case, I bought the phone because I found the case lol) and Gboard's swiping basically makes typing feasible on that device. Without it, you want to throw it at a wall.

I cannot understand how the 5S was the most popular iPhone ever when typing sucks so much on a small screen like that, how do people put up with that...
    07-17-18 03:29 PM
    Definitely agree. I actually also have an iPhone SE (with Typo PKB case, I bought the phone because I found the case lol) and Gboard's swiping basically makes typing feasible on that device. Without it, you want to throw it at a wall.

I cannot understand how the 5S was the most popular iPhone ever when typing sucks so much on a small screen like that, how do people put up with that...
    Must have been a cost thing that kept the phone so successful.
    I do know, from several years of billeting hockey players (that's ICE hockey, for all of you outside of Canada - in Canada we don't say "ice" hockey because we don't consider any other kind of hockey - except sledge hockey, and that's played on ice, so we consider it real hockey, eh!) that it's amazing how fast young-uns can be texting on VKBs on really small phones.

Then again, they were raised with phones, in the same way that farmers from my Dad's era understood horses inside out and were pretty uncomfortable with tractors.
    07-17-18 03:46 PM
    Absolutely love my Key2. All I wanted is more speed. Got the speed and a better keyboard. Camera is ok. I have an iPhone X and pixel 2 xl. Not fair to compare any camera to the pixel. It is superior. I’m lucky to have to carry 2 phones.
    07-17-18 04:54 PM
    Must have been a cost thing that kept the phone so successful.
    I do know, from several years of billeting hockey players (that's ICE hockey, for all of you outside of Canada - in Canada we don't say "ice" hockey because we don't consider any other kind of hockey - except sledge hockey, and that's played on ice, so we consider it real hockey, eh!) that it's amazing how fast young-uns can be texting on VKBs on really small phones.

Then again, they were raised with phones, in the same way that farmers from my Dad's era understood horses inside out and were pretty uncomfortable with tractors.
    Well, they can type fast, but they're screwed without autocorrect.
    07-17-18 04:55 PM

5S was updated to IOS 11 five years after launch. It was the first 64bit apple phone.

Sorry about previous typo.
    Last edited by nevilleadaniels; 07-19-18 at 05:15 AM.
    07-17-18 05:50 PM
    5S was updated to IOS 12 five years after launch. It was the first 64bit apple phone.
    5S is gonna perform like crap with iOS 12 lol, it barely survived 11.

2013 hardware with 2018 software, hmm...

Kinda like throwing Android Oreo at the BlackBerry Classic

(OK I may be totally wrong here lol)
    07-18-18 04:59 PM
    5S is gonna perform like crap with iOS 12 lol, it barely survived 11.

2013 hardware with 2018 software, hmm...

Kinda like throwing Android Oreo at the BlackBerry Classic

(OK I may be totally wrong here lol)
    Oops
    07-19-18 05:14 AM
    Dude, why don't you give it more than just 24 hours before throwing in the towel? Most reviews said it takes about 1-3 weeks to really adjust to the keyboard
    Because he's smart and realizes the key2 was all hype and no substance
    07-19-18 05:18 AM
    Bro give it a longer trial period. Keyboard is so much nice than typing on glass.
    Not if you are typing on the motion. Oh and typing on the motion is nice and quiet not loud as **** on the key2 lol
    07-19-18 05:19 AM
    Because he's smart and realizes the key2 was all hype and no substance
    I'm not saying he's the opposite of smart, but seriously, giving a PKB less than 24 hours is not giving it a fair try. Takes a bit longer to get the hang of it. But once you do, you won't want to go back to tapping glass.
    07-19-18 08:41 AM
    revisiting this thread, as i have been using the phone because nobody has purchased it yet....

so, first of all, to all the comments about give the keyboard more than 24 hours. I am no stranger to blackberry and i know what a blackberry can do. I dont need to wait till i get good again on it before i make a decision. i know how good i can get on it. my question to myself at the end of the day was, why am i sacrificing screen size and a great camera (big deal to me) for a physical keyboard?

so ive been using the phone now, with the exception of one day, since i made this post. i have THOROUGHLY enjoyed using this phone. I love how i can whip around all the apps and multitasking with the short cut keys. the battery life is amazing. one day in particular, i took the phone off the charger at 6am and still had 18% left by the time i was going to bed at 2:30am, with 7 1/2 hours of screen on time. I'm a POWER user. my touch screen phones usually die after 8-10 hours on a full charge. However on Android P on my pixel 2 xl, its been stretching to 12-13 hours which is impressive. But still nowhere near this.

im enjoying typing on the keyboard, i'm about back to my normal speed, but i'm still faster on the touch screen. I do feel that the keys on the BB are recessed a little too much? What do you guys think? not a big deal though. Its a pleasure to type on.

now, the biggest deal breaker, this terrible camera. i guess i'm spoiled when it comes to mobile photography having had a pixel device and samsung devices for the past two years. i take a lot of photos, so its a big deal for me to be able to point and shoot with a nice result. you can see in the "post your photo" sticky, two photos i posted from the BB and the Pixel 2 XL. Also, you can check my IG out to see the quality of pixel photos @justindufrene. most of those photos are taken with a cell phone, except for the long exposure night photos. The key2 can come nowhere near that level of image quality

so, now the last question i have left....do i want to have to carry another phone around with me everywhere i go? I really am loving this BB device, i really am. But i'm going to have to make that choice. i know i can definitely live with the smaller screen size, but i dont know about this camera
    07-19-18 01:18 PM
31 12