Wow!
    PRD-63825-002
    Telus Mobility - Toronto, ON
    Key2 Silver from Amazon

April 5th, 2021 update
    @conite
    Last edited by Phillip st; 04-16-21 at 09:06 AM.
    04-16-21 08:49 AM
    Wow!
    Will update pad shortly
    You got an April 2021 patch OTA on your KEY2?
    hamilgs likes this.
    04-16-21 08:51 AM
    Yep it's certified for the 63825 NA models.
    hamilgs likes this.
    04-16-21 09:03 AM
    You got an April 2021 patch OTA on your KEY2?
    Just received about 15min ago (9:45am EST)

My space bar has been acting up and I think getting worse.
    Fingers crossed for onward to release some new info for us (die-hard fanboys/girls)
    hamilgs likes this.
    04-16-21 09:05 AM
    04-16-21 09:08 AM
    just got it on my Key2 on TMobile as well.
    04-16-21 09:34 AM
    Just received about 15min ago (9:45am EST)

My space bar has been acting up and I think getting worse.
    Fingers crossed for onward to release some new info for us (die-hard fanboys/girls)
    -Force stop and clear the cache for the BB keyboard app. You'll need to go to the settings where you see all the apps and then hit the three dots at the top and then "show system" to see it in the list.

-Try installing SwiftKey and see if that helps.

-Try disabling "double press spacebar to insert a period" in the BB keyboard settings.

-Try hitting the right side of the spacebar as opposed to the center or the left. Right should work better.

-Factory reset
    04-16-21 09:37 AM
    Autoloader coming. Just waiting for the necessarily files to appear.
    04-16-21 09:55 AM
    Received, downloaded, and installed on my PRD-003... Will wonders never cease.

Bob
    hamilgs likes this.
    04-16-21 10:33 AM
    I got it as well!
    04-16-21 10:53 AM
    Look at this support for the BlackBerry Key 2! Bravo whoever is making this happen. If only it got to us Key 1 users on the same OS version.
    04-16-21 10:58 AM
    Look at this support for the BlackBerry Key 2! Bravo whoever is making this happen. If only it got to us Key 1 users on the same OS version.
    Whoever the squeaky wheel behind all of this is, they obviously don't give a damn about the KEY² LE. Strange indeed.

There's always a small voice in the background suggesting it might be OM paying the big bucks. But if that were the case, I would think they'd be jumping all over the opportunity to toot their own horn.
    Last edited by conite; 04-16-21 at 12:28 PM.
    hamilgs and BBuso77 like this.
    04-16-21 11:51 AM
    Look at this support for the Key 2, but only if you are in the USA or Canada? There are a lot more of us Key 2 users elsewhere in the world who are flatly being ignored. Near enough twelve months behind on updates on my Key 2. Bit annoyed and forgotten about. Glad you lot are getting your updates but so damned annoying every month hearing "we got our latest update". Surely it would not have been that difficult to get the updates out for all the variants that aren't controlled by the state, but honestly I do not know what work there is in producing the system for the different variants. i' be nothing but Blackberry since my trusty 8520 but fear my Key 2 will be the last one if Onward Mobility don't pull their finger out soon.
    04-16-21 02:21 PM
    Look at this support for the Key 2, but only if you are in the USA or Canada? There are a lot more of us Key 2 users elsewhere in the world who are flatly being ignored. Near enough twelve months behind on updates on my Key 2. Bit annoyed and forgotten about. Glad you lot are getting your updates but so damned annoying every month hearing "we got our latest update". Surely it would not have been that difficult to get the updates out for all the variants that aren't controlled by the state, but honestly I do not know what work there is in producing the system for the different variants. i' be nothing but Blackberry since my trusty 8520 but fear my Key 2 will be the last one if Onward Mobility don't pull their finger out soon.
    The KEY² already completed its update cycle last May.

This is just a bonus for North America, likely brought to us by a large client here that signed a contract where TCL left a clause in by accident guaranteeing some kind of minimum support.
    04-16-21 02:32 PM
    Just update yours with the autoloader files.

That's what I did on my HK BBF100-6
    Trouveur likes this.
    04-16-21 02:52 PM
    Thanks all, I get I can get the autoloader sorted and understand the issues it presents with Google. I also get that there is a reason for the updates to North America variants, just I suppose sour grapes that the rest of the world of Key 2 users have to revert to manual upgrades intended for other variants to keep ours phones up to date when it should be fairly easy to have all the variants upgraded as the internals are pretty much the same in the Key 2, except the transmission methods, which strangely seems to be a peculiarity of North America. It's just a shame that the rest of us are not getting official updates. One question though. does anyone know how long these extra North America updates are going keep be being released for?
    04-16-21 03:29 PM
    Thanks all, I get I can get the autoloader sorted and understand the issues it presents with Google. I also get that there is a reason for the updates to North America variants, just I suppose sour grapes that the rest of the world of Key 2 users have to revert to manual upgrades intended for other variants to keep ours phones up to date when it should be fairly easy to have all the variants upgraded as the internals are pretty much the same in the Key 2, except the transmission methods, which strangely seems to be a peculiarity of North America. It's just a shame that the rest of us are not getting official updates. One question though. does anyone know how long these extra North America updates are going keep be being released for?
    I don't really perceive any difference when using my international KEY2 with the March 2021 autoloader applied, than with the NA one.

The only thing I'm really giving up is Google Pay.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    04-16-21 03:51 PM
    Thanks! Updating now via AT&T in the US.
    RLeeSimon and hamilgs like this.
    04-16-21 08:30 PM
    Downloaded!
    04-16-21 09:01 PM
    just got this on Virgin media UK
    04-17-21 02:00 AM
    just got this on Virgin media UK
    Do you have an american KEY2? what PRD is yours?
    04-17-21 04:43 AM
    Do you have an american KEY2? what PRD is yours?
    BBF-100-2 not sure of the PRD
    04-17-21 04:45 AM
    BBF-100-2 not sure of the PRD
    Ok, it's american anyway, that's why you got the update, not because of virgin media uk
    iampdutton likes this.
    04-17-21 04:51 AM
    Ok, it's american anyway, that's why you got the update, not because of virgin media uk
    I wasn't to know it is an American device it was purchased in the uk but glad it's still getting updates 🤣
    Mauri5io and MBrettH like this.
    04-17-21 04:57 AM
    The KEY² already completed its update cycle last May.

This is just a bonus for North America, likely brought to us by a large client here that signed a contract where TCL left a clause in by accident guaranteeing some kind of minimum support.
    Installed the update yesternight and was very happy to receive it.
    04-17-21 08:59 AM
61 123