Uh, you want LTE only and CDMAless on your provisioning
    Yes. That's what I meant. LTE-only. CDMA-less. Apparently I'm not awake yet.
    12-06-19 10:45 AM
    Thanks, I'm going to try to get a new SIM right now.
    Bob80220 likes this.
    12-06-19 10:51 AM
    Thanks, I'm going to try to get a new SIM right now.
    If you would, please post an update if this fixes your text messaging issue... or not... 😰

Bob
    12-06-19 10:54 AM
    Incidentally, I was able to resolve my problem by going into the *#*#46368676#*#* menu and re-enabling VoLTE. Seemed to have gotten reset during the update.
    12-06-19 11:11 AM
    Unfortunately, a new SIM did not solve this problem.
    12-06-19 12:21 PM
    Interesting... I'm sorry to hear that. You had mentioned from your conversation with AT&T Technical Support that they were having issues with their SMS network... Have you followed up to see if that is still the case?

The only option now that I can think of is get back on with AT&T Technical Support and do more trouble shooting.

Bob
    12-06-19 12:32 PM
    Unfortunately, a new SIM did not solve this problem.
    Now call AT&T regarding the SIM and have them check settings. If you’re getting calls and data, it sounds like something in your SMS or MMS text settings is messed up. Similar to VoLTE glitch above. Sometimes the settings just get configured improperly do to some bad code.
    12-06-19 12:32 PM
    Yes, I'm getting calls and data, and my outgoing texts are fine (I just texted my XFinity number and received it instantly - replied using Xfinity and did not receive it on the Key2).

What settings should I ask them to check? I think I may need to be ultra-specific with them, when they hear "Blackberry" they seem to go into "I've never done this before, and I shouldn't have to either" mode.
    12-06-19 12:40 PM
    I spent another 30 minutes on the phone with a representative, repeating much of what I did last night. Same result, though this rep did not blame it on an outage. ATT has no idea how to fix this problem. They said they'd call me back. I'm not holding my breath.
    12-06-19 02:37 PM
    Yes, I'm getting calls and data, and my outgoing texts are fine (I just texted my XFinity number and received it instantly - replied using Xfinity and did not receive it on the Key2).

What settings should I ask them to check? I think I may need to be ultra-specific with them, when they hear "Blackberry" they seem to go into "I've never done this before, and I shouldn't have to either" mode.
    Unfortunately, I wouldn’t bring up BlackBerry even though AT&T sells the KEYone still. I believe the problem is with APN settings but could be something different and related
    12-06-19 02:53 PM
    They had me enter a new APN, which mostly had the same parameters as the existing APN. That didn't do anything. One weird thing I noticed is that the existing APN has a typo in its label. It says "ATT Nxtgenhone" instead of "ATT Nxtgenphone". However, the key value appears to be correct.

I can't believe that I'm in this position - my phone is less than a year old, and it is not useful to me. What other options do I have? Buy a new phone?
    12-06-19 03:04 PM
    They had me enter a new APN, which mostly had the same parameters as the existing APN. That didn't do anything. One weird thing I noticed is that the existing APN has a typo in its label. It says "ATT Nxtgenhone" instead of "ATT Nxtgenphone". However, the key value appears to be correct.

I can't believe that I'm in this position - my phone is less than a year old, and it is not useful to me. What other options do I have? Buy a new phone?
    FYI... Mine says "ATT Nxtgenhone" as well. Below that in lower case it shows "nxtgenphone."

Bob
    12-06-19 03:15 PM
    FYI... Mine says "ATT Nxtgenhone" as well. Below that in lower case it shows "nxtgenphone."

Bob
    Attached Thumbnails ACF885 Just Arrived OTA-62044.jpg  
    12-06-19 03:17 PM

I wouldn’t be that worried. If the problem affected the Key2 community using AT&T then I’d be worried. Since @Bob80220 is functioning and I’ve not seen other complaints, I’m almost sure that something glitched in your setup and can be fixed. Unfortunately, I stopped at the AT&T KEYone due to crappy BYOD support in general with AT&T for years.

BTW, is your account postpaid or prepaid and single-line or multi-line?
    12-06-19 03:46 PM
    I'm on a month to month single line plan.

What should my next step be? I tried the phone support, web forum support, and going to the ATT store. No one knows what to do.
    12-06-19 05:47 PM

What should my next step be? I tried the phone support, web forum support, and going to the ATT store. No one knows what to do.
    @Dunt Dunt Dunt @conite

Do either of you have any ideas or is this factory reset time?
    12-06-19 05:50 PM

Try the Textra SMS app and see what happens. Sometimes switching default apps gives things a kick in the behind.
    12-06-19 06:08 PM
    Textra didn't make a difference.
    12-06-19 07:27 PM
    Textra didn't make a difference.
    Factory reset?
    12-06-19 07:53 PM
    Should I be able to put the SIM in my old KeyOne and have it send/receive texts? I tried it with my old SIM yesterday and the results were the same - I could send, but not receive.
    12-06-19 08:14 PM
    Should I be able to put the SIM in my old KeyOne and have it send/receive texts? I tried it with my old SIM yesterday and the results were the same - I could send, but not receive.
    Then it is definitely a provisioning issue.

The two phones should behave identically on non-Verizon carriers.
    12-06-19 08:22 PM
    I can't suggest anything, but I think I've seen you ask about your Key2 over on the AT&T forum. I hang out there too. I just had nothing to offer.
    12-06-19 09:49 PM
    I got my update .I find my fingerprint reader seems improved.
    I did receive double texts from the last two senders. I will watch to see if this keeps happening.
    12-06-19 10:34 PM
    I got my update. I notice finger print reader is more responsive. I did receive double text from two senders tonight.I will watch tomorrow and see if that continues.
    12-06-19 10:38 PM
    I got my update. I notice finger print reader is more responsive. I did receive double text from two senders tonight.I will watch tomorrow and see if that continues.
    and double forum entry too
    12-07-19 03:57 AM
64 123