Anyone have experience with this app?

I'm trying to max battery life and time. I set it to not charge past 80%... it notified me at 80%, but kept charging anyways.... does it actually stop charging if thats what you asked, or it just tells you but you have to stop it?
    06-13-19 07:17 PM
    Forget it, who told you not to charge it to 100 percent?

The only thing I find AccuBattery useful for is approximately calculating the wear on your battery.
    06-13-19 08:29 PM
    This app can not stop charging on certain level. (Override system). It only has notification there.

Charging to 80% is up to your using. Maybe good for battery and maybe not. It depends how you use.
    06-14-19 04:17 AM
    the best you can do is get a notification above a set level (I used to use tasker for this and also when battery low).

only physically unplugging the charger will stop it charging as far as I'm aware.
    06-14-19 05:50 AM
    The phone also stop charging after 100% charged. You will find the current of charging go to 0.
    06-14-19 05:55 AM

The only thing I find AccuBattery useful for is approximately calculating the wear on your battery.
    Charging the battery beyond 4.2 volts per cell reduces the number of charge cycles you'll get. That's why pulling the plug at 80 percent is good for the battery.

It's like blowing up a balloon - you could inflate it to its maximum pressure and size a dozen times before it pops, or you could inflate it to 80 percent hundreds of times.
    06-14-19 06:55 AM
    Charging the battery beyond 4.2 volts per cell reduces the number of charge cycles you'll get. That's why pulling the plug at 80 percent is good for the battery.

It's like blowing up a balloon - you could inflate it to its maximum pressure and size a dozen times before it pops, or you could inflate it to 80 percent hundreds of times.
    Meh, I don't know.

Devices like the KEYone and KEY2 and any other that has way above average battery life to begin with, I wouldn't worry about desperately trying to prolonge the life of the cell, because after two years of use, the battery endurance should still be more than acceptable.

Besides, the battery really isn't hard to change on these devices, being that they don't have an IP rating therefore the back panels are much much easier to open up than almost any slab.

And opening the phone up won't compromise the IP rating since there isn't one to begin with.

My advice: Charge the battery to 100 percent later in the evening, and unplug right before going to sleep once it's full and put it on airplane mode.
    06-14-19 09:08 AM

Several people have, including someone who works in the battery industry. I have also read it online in numerous places. Who told you its ok?
    06-14-19 10:30 AM
    Several people have, including someone who works in the battery industry. I have also read it online in numerous places. Who told you its ok?
    The question is more like "who told me it's not okay?"

I could understand the concern if it was a device that has a battery that's really hard to replace, or if you have an IP rated slab and don't want to lose the IP rating down the road from a battery replacement.
    06-14-19 02:53 PM
    this concern always amazes me. I have had phones and many cordless tools over the last 20 years. I have never tried to care for a battery charged when I wanted to and as long as I felt I need. 2 to 3 years after some start to fail and some just never seem too. my phones have always been on charger all night every night. Never seen an issue. Something else generally fails first or I just get tired of it.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg 🇨🇦
    06-14-19 03:10 PM
    My experience told me. I always charge my battery to 100% and after 1,5 year my battery capacity is 104%. I use slow charging though...
    06-15-19 05:26 AM