Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Just got updated to ABP924. February 5th patch level.

Not seeing any noticeable changes. No WiFI calling on it.

Edit: The brightness slider looks differently.
    skome likes this.
    02-07-19 06:35 AM
    What's your PRD and region?
    02-07-19 08:42 AM
    What's your PRD and region?
    It's not a production unit.
    02-07-19 08:50 AM
    ok, thanks
    02-07-19 08:51 AM

https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/0...curity-update/
    02-07-19 12:10 PM
    Has not happened on the KEY2. Sorry.
    02-07-19 08:57 PM
    @YeahIgottheKey2 any further improvement to the keyboard performance? Anything noticeable?
    02-07-19 10:35 PM

Just got it on Key2, US
    02-26-19 09:57 AM
    Received it OTA early this morning on my PRD-003.

Bob
    Attached Thumbnails ABP924-28742.jpg  
    02-26-19 10:37 AM
    Did a 12 second power key reboot on my PRD-003 and then requested update...ABP924 now downloading
    02-26-19 10:46 AM

What carrier are you on? I have T-Mobile and do have WiFi calling on ABP924. However I did use the dialer code to manually provision it and use Quick Shortcut Maker in order to access the WiFi Calling settings but I did get it working.
    02-26-19 01:53 PM
    What carrier are you on? I have T-Mobile and do have WiFi calling on ABP924. However I did use the dialer code to manually provision it and use Quick Shortcut Maker in order to access the WiFi Calling settings but I did get it working.
    You got wifi calling working on Tmobile just by doing that? That hasn't worked for most since last autumn. I'm on TMO and tried that so many times after every monthly patch. I did Summer_Moons work around and that worked.
    02-26-19 03:45 PM
    You got wifi calling working on Tmobile just by doing that? That hasn't worked for most since last autumn. I'm on TMO and tried that so many times after every monthly patch. I did Summer_Moons work around and that worked.
    By installing the model from the last build that included WiFi calling. I did that too so maybe the new update did not update that modem file on mine.
    02-26-19 04:43 PM
    After a restart, the WiFi calling was disabled again so went through all the steps to reload the first modem file and got it working again. What a hassle, just give it to us already haha.
    jelp2 and megafan2000 like this.
    02-27-19 08:16 AM
    After a restart, the WiFi calling was disabled again so went through all the steps to reload the first modem file and got it working again. What a hassle, just give it to us already haha.
    Yea. I don't get it, no matter whose fault it is. We pay for a device from the suppliers and we pay for services from the providers. They all get their money from us and we get limited options. Kind of frustrating.
    megafan2000 likes this.
    02-27-19 08:19 AM
    Ok so if I let this OTA patch me, im going to have to overwrite the old modem again etc...

Thanks for sharing, thats exactly what I wanted to know.
    02-27-19 06:08 PM
    Yea. I don't get it, no matter whose fault it is. We pay for a device from the suppliers and we pay for services from the providers. They all get their money from us and we get limited options. Kind of frustrating.
    Exactly. I submit my complaint to BlackBerry thru Support Center - they say talk to T-Mobile. I talked to T-Mobile a few months ago, and the knowledgeable tech guy I talked to, he knew it wouldn't work but tried a few things on his end anyway and told me BlackBerry needs to rework the software. End of the day I don't care whose fault it is - it worked out of the box so we know it works. Your "newer" product became inferior to your "older" one because an update removed a feature. I shouldn't have to jump thru hoops and workarounds - FIX IT!
    02-27-19 10:23 PM
    Ok so if I let this OTA patch me, im going to have to overwrite the old modem again etc...

Thanks for sharing, thats exactly what I wanted to know.
    Yep. Anytime you update the software security patch it is going to come with a modem file that, since the first security patch blocks, WiFi calling.
    02-28-19 08:22 AM
    Exactly. I submit my complaint to BlackBerry thru Support Center - they say talk to T-Mobile. I talked to T-Mobile a few months ago, and the knowledgeable tech guy I talked to, he knew it wouldn't work but tried a few things on his end anyway and told me BlackBerry needs to rework the software. End of the day I don't care whose fault it is - it worked out of the box so we know it works. Your "newer" product became inferior to your "older" one because an update removed a feature. I shouldn't have to jump thru hoops and workarounds - FIX IT!
    It is BlackBerry Mobile that is blocking the WiFi calling. It is disabled in every security patch since the first one. T-Mobile allows you to use any device that has the capabilities to access WiFi calling.
    02-28-19 08:24 AM
    It is BlackBerry Mobile that is blocking the WiFi calling. It is disabled in every security patch since the first one. T-Mobile allows you to use any device that has the capabilities to access WiFi calling.
    I know. That's what I figured and that time I talked to T-Mobile it pretty much confirmed my thoughts. Like I said I don't really care who caused it, I just want it put back in just like it was out of the box, with the most recent patch - working the way it's supposed to.
    02-28-19 09:16 AM
    I know. That's what I figured and that time I talked to T-Mobile it pretty much confirmed my thoughts. Like I said I don't really care who caused it, I just want it put back in just like it was out of the box, with the most recent patch - working the way it's supposed to.
    I've spoken/email/messaged both companies multiple times. Each blaming the other, but I tend to believe TMO. Every TMO rep has looked at my settings and said it's provisioned. BBMobile just says it's TMO's fault and that there's nothing they can do. Unfortunately I get the same BBMobile rep every time I submit an issue, which seems like they really don't care about customer service if the staff is that small.
    megafan2000 likes this.
    02-28-19 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD