Return it and get a Rogers device?
    Is this a software issue or does Rogers block the functionality?
    11-18-18 08:45 PM
    Is this a software issue or does Rogers block the functionality?
    Rogers limits the features to the specific device sub-variant that only they sell.
    deezy87 likes this.
    11-18-18 08:49 PM
    Crap.

Just read in another post that you told me you had a Silver KEY2 and you said these features were working and posted screen shots.

I bought the device today and see now that someone corrected you that you didn't have a Silver KEY2, and you noted you missed the fact I was asking if a non-Rogers device would work.
    I was the one to correct his statement in that original post. Sorry I didn't catch the inaccuracy of his statement before you bought it. I am in the same boat with a NA factory unlocked Silver Edition. After many, many hours on the phone with BBMo, Rogers Tech support and visits to their retail store, I can confirm it is a Rogers issue, plain and simple! Very disappointing!
    11-18-18 10:04 PM
    Been using this build since evening and it seems more refined, smoother animation and the battery seem improved. Nothing new to report though, seems like minor fixes & performance improvement in this update
    11-18-18 10:15 PM
    Installed with wipe (even if usually I run the no-wipe version) and solved several Wi-Fi and notification issue that I have been accumulating during the previous updates..

Long story short: always better a fresh install!!!
    11-19-18 03:39 AM
    Yes you have to do it before turning off or rebooting :-)

Sometimes & forget to do it and it breaks as well - have to follow procedure, then restart. Not sure if it's a blackberry bug or android bug but it's persistent, so we have to work around it.
    Actually, this update FIXED the smart lock issue for me. I haven't needed to turn it off and back on since flashing despite powering off and back on.
    Attached Thumbnails ABJ755 Universal Autoloader (November Patch)-84632.jpg  
    11-19-18 05:36 AM
    Return it and get a Rogers device?
    Unfortunately that's not an option at this point to return the phone.

What is the reason why it won't work? What actually prevents VoLTE from working on non-Rogers phones?
    11-19-18 07:50 AM
    I was the one to correct his statement in that original post. Sorry I didn't catch the inaccuracy of his statement before you bought it. I am in the same boat with a NA factory unlocked Silver Edition. After many, many hours on the phone with BBMo, Rogers Tech support and visits to their retail store, I can confirm it is a Rogers issue, plain and simple! Very disappointing!
    I have no doubt that the issue is on Rogers end however I want to understand the technical reason. The silver edition is great. I'm just missing VoLTE. WiFi Calling settings are present on the device but Rogers won't validated the feature. Says my device is not supported for WiFi Calling.

I want to understand the technical reason why calls won't work on VoLTE and only 4G on non carrier phones.

Is it that they simply block the function to force you to buy a device from them?

Is it a radio file?
    Is it a setting on my account or the network they can enable / disable?
    Can an OS software update to a Rogers build fix this?

Is there another technical reason?
    11-19-18 07:56 AM
    Rogers limits the features to the specific device sub-variant that only they sell.
    So it literally is they keep it off with settings on their network?

Doesn't sound fair to be paying the same monthly fee as everyone else to be denied network functions as punishment for not buying product from them.

Surprised the CRTC hasn't addressed this.

Is there absolutely anything that can be done to the phone to make VoLTE work? Or is it something they'd have to do network side.
    11-19-18 07:58 AM
    Is there anyway to load an OS build that makes the first phone that specific sub Variant to make VoLTE work?
    11-19-18 08:00 AM
    Is there anyway to load an OS build that makes the first phone that specific sub Variant to make VoLTE work?
    Nope.
    11-19-18 08:19 AM
    Yes.
    Bell, Telus and Sasktel as well? Just trying to get back on track with Sasktel .
    11-19-18 08:32 AM
    Bell, Telus and Sasktel as well? Just trying to get back on track with Sasktel .
    ABJ755 has been certified by PTCRB, so unless they decide to skip the release entirely, it will be the one going to the carriers.

Edit: New twist. ABK892 has now just been certified as well. Very unusual.
    ray689 and Vistaus like this.
    11-19-18 08:36 AM
    ABJ755 has been certified by PTCRB, so unless they decide to skip the release entirely, it will be the one going to the carriers.

Intersting. Loading ABJ755 now but I suppose can always load ABK892 if that's what they go with. Thanks.
    11-19-18 08:47 AM
    Been basically I full day upon loading this. I went with the full wipe.

UPDATE

Haven't noticed anything 'new' but I'm going to assume that loading fresh has been excellent.
    11-19-18 09:26 AM
    I tried loading this using the NoWipe option yesterday and neither email, Internet or MMS worked on the cell network (T-Mobile).

Used the Wipe script this morning and now all is well except I am still getting my device setup.
    11-19-18 01:08 PM

Yeah man, saw on PTCRB that an ABK build was listed. Guess we wait.
    11-19-18 05:04 PM
    I tried loading this using the NoWipe option yesterday and neither email, Internet or MMS worked on the cell network (T-Mobile).

Used the Wipe script this morning and now all is well except I am still getting my device setup.
    Wifi calling on Tmo?
    11-20-18 07:01 PM
    Not working for me yet.
    11-20-18 07:42 PM
    If anyone on this thread that installed this patch experience the bug described in the thread linked below please advise if you see improvement as it supposedly contain a portion of the bug fix:

/blackberry-key2-f472/physical-keyboard-use-randomly-activates-pointer-cursor-mode-issue-1155317/
    yybenedb and anon(10387168) like this.
    11-20-18 08:24 PM
    Just got this update OTA here in Dubai, UAE on my unlocked black Key2
    11-21-18 04:07 AM
    Same. Got it for my BBF100-6, Russian unlocked variant.
    11-21-18 05:09 AM
    Same as you . I just received it .
    11-22-18 03:19 PM
    received it too today in Malaysia. Hardly notice any special but maybe the smoothness in overall
    11-27-18 05:24 AM
    Not working for me yet.
    even with the quick-shortcut maker work-around? (the way we had to do it on the keyOne)
    11-27-18 11:45 AM
51 123