If you want my money put something that worth it... A secure phone without a root level Firewall? is it too much to ask? What are the BB employees doing? they not making hardware, fine. How about software? put some effort!!!

I just can't imagine how a non BB fan will even consider it
    BlackBerry Integrity Detection will notify you of any changes made to system files, forcing you to reset the device to maintain EMM privileges. Plus, there is a locked bootloader, and hardware root of trust to prevent the installation of software not signed by BlackBerry.

https://www.besttechie.com/most-secu...ones-2018/amp/

Last edited by conite; 06-13-18 at 09:47 AM.
    06-13-18 08:53 AM
    DTEK50, worth every penny?

Hahahaha
    LOL! Your response made me laugh so far! I only bought the DTEK50 because I was so desperate for a new BB having gotten bored with the PRIV. And when I got it... I just kept turning it over in my hand and saying to muttering to myself "what in the world is this? This is no BlackBerry!"

However to be fair, the DTEK60 was a pretty good device for its time.
    06-13-18 09:10 AM
    what is a root level firewall and why is it important? already thought K1 and K1 could not be rooted.
    06-13-18 09:15 AM
    In their eyes, you’ve never really been “their” customer, so what’s lost?
    I owned 3 different BB phones so far. anyway, the "Key2 Lite" is it rumors or confirmed?
    06-13-18 09:18 AM
    I owned 3 different BB phones so far. anyway, the "Key2 Lite" is it rumors or confirmed?
    Doesn’t matter if none of those devices aren’t KEYone or Motion. Totally different company.

As far as “Lite” goes, it’s a pretty well documented rumor as cheaper version, lower specs device to Key2. If that interests you, get a KEYone. They’re on sale for $350-$400 USD now.

You can’t remotely compare DTEK and Key devices.
    mr_poobah and Nizar Maaroufi like this.
    06-13-18 09:22 AM
    When the Keyone came out, people said it was priced too high.

When the DTEKs came out, people said it was priced too high.

When the the Priv came out, people said it was priced too high.

When the Passport came out, people said it was priced too high.

When pretty much every new BB10 device came out going back to the Z10, people said the price was too high.

When the 9900 came out, people said it was priced too high.

When the Torch 9800 came out, people said it was priced too high.

When the little Pearl 3G 9100 came out, people said it was priced too high.

See a pattern?
    THANK YOU! Was waiting for someone to point this out!
    mr_poobah likes this.
    06-13-18 09:26 AM
    Is it too much to ask from more BB apps for our money?

Basically, 600$ for a keyboard!
    Yup, you're basically paying extra for PKB. I honestly don't really care about blackberry software.
    Nizar Maaroufi likes this.
    06-13-18 11:00 AM
    Chinese phone? Virtually all electronics are made in China.

Hahahaha
    This. I don't understand this whole hate towards 'Chinese phones'. Good luck finding a phone that isn't a 'Chinese phone'.
    06-13-18 11:00 AM
    This. I don't understand this whole hate towards 'Chinese phones'. Good luck finding a phone that isn't a 'Chinese phone'.
    Something something "AAHHHH THE CHINESE IS SPYING ON ME!!!!1111"

You should see that guy who said there is spyware on the Chinese version of the KEYone.
    06-13-18 11:12 AM
    Hmm, Aren't Samsung's made in Korea all assembled at least with a supply chain for some of the components possibly via China?

Either way the Key2 looks impressive, i'm waiting for the reviews once released before even considering one, the KEYone seems enough right now
    06-13-18 12:48 PM

See a pattern?
    Yes. Decreasing market share.
    06-13-18 12:55 PM

Hahahaha
    Yes, DTEK50 was worth every penny. At the time they came stock with Android 6 and dual speakers for $250 unlocked from B&H.

I think that's what he meant.
    06-13-18 12:57 PM
    Hmm, Aren't Samsung's made in Korea all assembled at least with a supply chain for some of the components possibly via China?

Either way the Key2 looks impressive, i'm waiting for the reviews once released before even considering one, the KEYone seems enough right now
    Having Chinese components in a phone is inescapable, but not every phone is "Chinese" to the same degree; both the iPhone and the KEY2 are built in China, but iOS isn't handled by a Chinese company.
    06-13-18 01:01 PM
    Then don't buy blackberry. If they rip you off exercise your right as a consumer not to buy a product. Problem solved.
    Individuals can also exercise our right to voice concerns/displeasure at the firms pricing model on an enthusiast forum. what gives you the right to combat every post that calls out pricing concerns? Yes, I wont buy it right now, but i'm still going to talk about it.
    Don't like my opinion? don't read it!...analogous to you telling us to not buy the phone. Another internet policeman patrolling these forums...you can quit your day job now.
    06-13-18 01:02 PM
    When moving emojis stop being a thousand pound we can have a discussion about they Key2 being overpriced
    06-13-18 01:05 PM
    There are major manufacturer including Samsung, LG, Asus.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.zdn...made-in-china/
    06-13-18 01:25 PM
    If you want my money put something that worth it... A secure phone without a root level Firewall? is it too much to ask? What are the BB employees doing? they not making hardware, fine. How about software? put some effort!!!

I just can't imagine how a non BB fan will even consider it
    Well if we're going to be completely honest here, smartphones are probably the least of BlackBerry's worries right now. They are working on much more sophisticated software for other markets. I'm pretty thankful that TCL was willing to take on BlackBerry hardware; otherwise, none of us would have BlackBerry branded devices at this point.
    06-13-18 01:57 PM
    What we have to realize, its much more hardware involved than any full touch phone.
    There are many more components to R&D fit and finish, then just slapping glass to a metal brick.
    I agree, $650 is a big step up from the $550 K1, and would of loved it at $600, but I can't say the price is ridiculous..
    06-13-18 02:05 PM
    I agree with you. Yet people on this forums support bb whatever choice they make. I like blackberry and I like it even better when it doesnt try to rip me off. 650$ can get me the latest oneplus, samsung or iphone. I know I will end up buying the k2 when the price drops. As of now I am happy with the k1
    My perspective would be that the ohones you mention (OnePlus, Samsung, iPhone) are ripping you off because you could pay the same amount and get the KEY2!

Get the phone that ages you happy for the price you can afford. Complaining about the price implies you want the KEY2 as much as those other phones, which kinda prices BlackBerry Mobile priced it well!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    06-13-18 02:37 PM
    Individuals can also exercise our right to voice concerns/displeasure at the firms pricing model on an enthusiast forum. what gives you the right to combat every post that calls out pricing concerns? Yes, I wont buy it right now, but i'm still going to talk about it.
    Don't like my opinion? don't read it!...analogous to you telling us to not buy the phone. Another internet policeman patrolling these forums...you can quit your day job now.
    Enjoy whatever phone you buy. No need to judge each other because we value things differently. I'd pay $1K for the KEY2 before I'd pay $500 for an iPhone or Galaxy, because I value the form factor and DTEK software highly. And it wouldn't matter to me if the phone had a VKB (with the BlackBerry VKB) or PKB. Each person places different values on different features, and manufacturers' marketibg teams bundle them into the most profitable packages they can.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    rjedge54 likes this.
    06-13-18 02:43 PM
    Both DTEK were a complete waste of money compared with KEYone. You do realize DTEK and Key devices are made by same company TCL right?

BBAndroid is custom Android with device specific apps from BBMo/TCL and BB. If you don’t want to or can’t afford to buy Key2, that’s ok. But misinformation doesn’t help your argument.
    Not to mention that KEY phones have physical security like injected pin chip and hardened Android with boot check. It's far from a generic Android device. DTEK is not just software there are hardware components.
    06-13-18 02:43 PM

When the DTEKs came out, people said it was priced too high.

When the the Priv came out, people said it was priced too high.

When the Passport came out, people said it was priced too high.

When pretty much every new BB10 device came out going back to the Z10, people said the price was too high.

When the 9900 came out, people said it was priced too high.

When the Torch 9800 came out, people said it was priced too high.

See a pattern?
    Yes, the pattern is that almost every device you named failed to sell in significant numbers. Priv failed so badly it was their last phone.
    06-14-18 06:32 AM
    because I value the form factor and DTEK software highly.
    Yeah until now I didn't really care for the DTEK app but the refinements they made to it on KEY2 (Or just Oreo) is impressive. Full control of notifications for each permission for each app for either background, foreground or both.

Maybe the whole Facebook fiasco will push privacy-concerned people into the KEY2
    06-14-18 06:52 AM
    Yup no logic to that argument at all. Basically every phone is made in China lol. Not to mention a host of other products we use in our daily lives.

Hey Blaze don't you and crackberry Kevin get a head start on getting the key2? Surprised you 2 don't have them by now.
    06-14-18 08:09 AM
    Surprised you 2 don't have them by now.
    How do you know we don't?
    06-14-18 10:19 AM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD