Greetings Everyone,

basically the only BB thing in the Key2 is few lines of code inside the Android Chinese phone. And yet, we are supposed to pay such a very high price for it...

Officially now BB is just a software company. Fine, so give us some software for god's sake! give us custom Android, device specific apps, We need something unique to pay a unique price!

We need security apps beside the DTEK, a Built-in root level Firewall! Mock Gps, Mock IMEI and Mac. this it what I call privacy.

Give us Productivity apps: Secure remote desktop, Docs, a Calendar that can add multiple events from ICS file for God's sake....

Anyway, I am just tell why I won't buy the Key2.

I bought the 9990 because it was outstanding, the DTEK50 becuase worth every penny. but the Key2 is not even close to the expectations.
    Wmsi likes this.
    06-13-18 04:39 AM
    it's up to you to pay a premium for it or not. no need for thousands of threads on price. cheap BlackBerry users ruining this forum.
    06-13-18 04:42 AM
    Chinese phone? Virtually all electronics are made in China.

DTEK50, worth every penny?

Hahahaha
    06-13-18 04:55 AM
    Greetings Everyone,

basically the only BB thing in the Key2 is few lines of code inside the Android Chinese phone. And yet, we are supposed to pay such a very high price for it...

Officially now BB is just a software company. Fine, so give us some software for god's sake! give us custom Android, device specific apps, We need something unique to pay a unique price!

We need security apps beside the DTEK, a Built-in root level Firewall! Mock Gps, Mock IMEI and Mac. this it what I call privacy.

Give us Productivity apps: Secure remote desktop, Docs, a Calendar that can add multiple events from ICS file for God's sake....

I bought the 9990 because it was outstanding, the DTEK50 becuase worth every penny. but the Key2 is not even close to the expectations.
    I agree with you. Yet people on this forums support bb whatever choice they make. I like blackberry and I like it even better when it doesnt try to rip me off. 650$ can get me the latest oneplus, samsung or iphone. I know I will end up buying the k2 when the price drops. As of now I am happy with the k1
    06-13-18 05:23 AM
    Bla bla bla, price, bla...over and over again. Do not buy it or quit your work for a better one 😉
    sorgo likes this.
    06-13-18 05:39 AM
    Greetings Everyone,

Both DTEK were a complete waste of money compared with KEYone. You do realize DTEK and Key devices are made by same company TCL right?

BBAndroid is custom Android with device specific apps from BBMo/TCL and BB. If you don’t want to or can’t afford to buy Key2, that’s ok. But misinformation doesn’t help your argument.
    06-13-18 05:49 AM
    it's up to you to pay a premium for it or not. no need for thousands of threads on price. cheap BlackBerry users ruining this forum.
    We are not cheap man, just we need some respect from the company.
    Howdizzle and skinnymike1 like this.
    06-13-18 06:01 AM
    Chinese phone? Virtually all electronics are made in China.

DTEK50, worth every penny?

Hahahaha
    The DTEK50 200$ - 300$ is even cheaper than Chinese phones on Aliexpress.
    06-13-18 06:03 AM
    I agree with you. Yet people on this forums support bb whatever choice they make. I like blackberry and I like it even better when it doesnt try to rip me off. 650$ can get me the latest oneplus, samsung or iphone. I know I will end up buying the k2 when the price drops. As of now I am happy with the k1
    Some people are paid to write good reviews you know
    melhiore likes this.
    06-13-18 06:04 AM
    Is it too much to ask from more BB apps for our money?

Basically, 600$ for a keyboard!
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    06-13-18 06:07 AM
    Greetings Everyone,

Keyboard, security, battery life and camera: these features TO ME are worth it every single penny.
    tazcubed likes this.
    06-13-18 06:24 AM
    Some people are paid to write good reviews you know
    Who are those people? The same company made your DTEK phone which is just a rebadged Alcatel.
    06-13-18 06:24 AM

If it's priced beyond your means, then don't buy it. Simple. But this is what it costs to bring a niche higher end pkb device to market.

Wait for the KEY² Lite or get a KEYᵒⁿᵉ on discount.

https://www.androidheadlines.com/201...ry-mobile.html
    anon(10465884) and Sime0n_S like this.
    06-13-18 06:46 AM
    OP send me a list of $600 Android phones not made in China. I'll be waiting.
    Nizar Maaroufi and TheMartin like this.
    06-13-18 06:48 AM

They already have hard times to fix the mess with their current portfolio!
    Nizar Maaroufi likes this.
    06-13-18 06:58 AM
    for me, I wanted a slightly larger KEY2 with access to many of those lovely enterprise apps for £900. they should release something like that for people like me who want to pay for it. The KEY2 is fine and i'll probably get it but i'd really dip my hand in my pocket for something special with hosted enterprise service. my company isn't large enough to warrant the expense of a plan from BlackBerry. just my two pence. I think it's not always about making a phone as cheap as possible, some of us want a powerhouse with premium specs and are prepared to pay for it. if there wasn't a market for such a device, Apple wouldn't have released the iPhone X and there wouldn't be "pro" variants of many handsets. i'd love to have a device that ticked the majority of my boxes instead of having to settle for the device that least disappoints. it's a really ****ty time in the hardware space right now.
    06-13-18 07:00 AM
    Then don't buy blackberry. If they rip you off exercise your right as a consumer not to buy a product. Problem solved.
    06-13-18 07:02 AM
    Exactly the same dumb argument over and over in multiple threads
    melhiore likes this.
    06-13-18 07:02 AM
    We are not cheap man, just we need some respect from the company.
    Why? Why do they owe you anything? If you feel they are disrespecting you stop buying their products einstein
    06-13-18 07:03 AM
    for me, I wanted a slightly larger KEY2 with access to many of those lovely enterprise apps for £900. they should release something like that for people like me who want to pay for it. The KEY2 is fine and i'll probably get it but i'd really dip my hand in my pocket for something special with hosted enterprise service. my company isn't large enough to warrant the expense of a plan from BlackBerry. just my two pence. I think it's not always about making a phone as cheap as possible, some of us want a powerhouse with premium specs and are prepared to pay for it. if there wasn't a market for such a device, Apple wouldn't have released the iPhone X and there wouldn't be "pro" variants of many handsets. i'd love to have a device that ticked the majority of my boxes instead of having to settle for the device that least disappoints. it's a really ****ty time in the hardware space right now.
    I think something like this will happen in future but only if critical mass is received with KEYone and Key2 happens first. Similar to iPhone had single device size until 6/6s. Doesn’t make a lot of sense to fragment sales for incremental demand, if that demand isn’t stand-alone profitable.
    tazcubed likes this.
    06-13-18 07:04 AM
    When the Keyone came out, people said it was priced too high.

When the DTEKs came out, people said it was priced too high.

When the the Priv came out, people said it was priced too high.

When the Passport came out, people said it was priced too high.

When pretty much every new BB10 device came out going back to the Z10, people said the price was too high.

When the 9900 came out, people said it was priced too high.

When the Torch 9800 came out, people said it was priced too high.

When the little Pearl 3G 9100 came out, people said it was priced too high.

See a pattern?
    Last edited by joeldf; 06-13-18 at 08:24 AM.
    06-13-18 07:17 AM
    It's not JUST a Chinese phone you're paying for... It's blackberry software and first adopter pricing
    06-13-18 07:28 AM
    I think something like this will happen in future but only if critical mass is received with KEYone and Key2 happens first. Similar to iPhone had single device size until 6/6s. Doesn’t make a lot of sense to fragment sales for incremental demand, if that demand isn’t stand-alone profitable.
    You're right and I agree with your assessment but there must be a market. Surely I can't be the only one with my particular needs. It's so frustrating when I have to buy a new phone, i'm always left feeling pissed off. I'm on a black KEYone at the moment for work and a Galaxy S8+ for personal and it really narks me that I have to carry two phones. Only the BlackBerry gets me through a full on work day so I can't really use another handset for work and it's lacking in the bells and whistles dept so it's not great as an all rounder like the S8 is. Ideally i'd like to carry one handset, preferably a BlackBerry for the battery life and keyboard and dual sim so it can be my personal and work phone with a good power efficient chipset but also with the handy stuff that my S8 does like usb c to hdmi and awesome antenna and quality mic and speakers. I dunno what the answer is, maybe a Porsche design variant of the KEY2 or something. I understand the reasons why not at this stage but it's been so long since I acquired a new phone and held it aloft to the imaginary sound of celestial harps and a heavenly angelic choir. I used feel like I had been chosen to wield Excalibur atop Alexander's Bucephalus and the work day was effortlessly smitten 'neath a cavalcade of deft keystrokes. Now, it's a case of hoping that my new phone is less defecatory than the last. Every now and then I put my sim in my trusty passport with it's dearth of apps and an outdated browser just to look back fondly at the heady days of peek and flow. It was always the flow that was truly beautiful. Not a great time right now for hardware at all.
    06-13-18 07:38 AM
    If you want my money put something that worth it... A secure phone without a root level Firewall? is it too much to ask? What are the BB employees doing? they not making hardware, fine. How about software? put some effort!!!

I just can't imagine how a non BB fan will even consider it
    melhiore likes this.
    06-13-18 07:40 AM
    If you want my money put something that worth it... A secure phone without a root level Firewall? is it too much to ask? What are the BB employees doing? they not making hardware, fine. How about software? put some effort!!!

I just can't imagine how a non BB fan will even consider it
    The Key2, KEYone and “Future Lite” are your choices for next 12 months or so. If not to your liking, BBMo simply feels at this point, you’re not a targeted customer. Perhaps, next year, perhaps, never. They’re ok with that. In their eyes, you’ve never really been “their” customer, so what’s lost?
    Smokeaire likes this.
    06-13-18 08:29 AM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD