I know the KEY2 has a better processor than the KEYone, however, it's the extra RAM that really makes the difference.

Coming from the 3 GB KEYone, I can't believe how FAST the KEY2 is. No lag, no waiting, everything is held in memory. I expected marginally better performance, but not this much!

Honestly, I have used an iPhone X and really can't say the KEY2 is any slower in any particular way.

I'm assuming it's the 6 GB of RAM, as the Snapdragon 660 is not exactly a high-end processor.

My KEYone feels like a snail compared to this thing. I am really impressed.
    09-23-18 07:35 PM
    I know the KEY2 has a better processor than the KEYone, however, it's the extra RAM that really makes the difference.

Coming from the 3 GB KEYone, I can't believe how FAST the KEY2 is. No lag, no waiting, everything is held in memory. I expected marginally better performance, but not this much!

Honestly, I have used an iPhone X and really can't say the KEY2 is any slower in any particular way.

I'm assuming it's the 6 GB of RAM, as the Snapdragon 660 is not exactly a high-end processor.

My KEYone feels like a snail compared to this thing. I am really impressed.
    Don't let the processor number fool you like most people in here. The 660 is a very good processor.
    09-23-18 07:42 PM
    Don't let the processor number fool you like most people in here. The 660 is a very good processor.
    Thanks. I just assumed it was a marginal upgrade.
    09-23-18 07:44 PM
    Yup. Makes a huge difference!
    09-23-18 08:08 PM
    I will not bought it if it don't come with 6 or 8Gb of RAM
    09-23-18 09:07 PM
    Agreed, now let's just get the updates to make this thing a true tool.
    nevilleadaniels likes this.
    09-23-18 09:15 PM
    They say that 4gb Ram is enough for the apps we have. So not sure what the extra 2gb would do.
    09-24-18 03:16 AM
    They say that 4gb Ram is enough for the apps we have. So not sure what the extra 2gb would do.
    Read on some threads here that the Hub supposedly was a resource hog. Maybe the extra 2GB actually helped.
    09-24-18 03:20 AM
    Read on some threads here that the Hub supposedly was a resource hog. Maybe the extra 2GB actually helped.
    The Hub is blazing fast on the KEY2. Again, I'm not sure if it's the Snapdragon 660 or the 6 GB of RAM, or both, but I couldn't be happier.
    09-24-18 06:07 AM
    At first glance of the device I really thought the key2 would be a minor upgrade....absolutely a HUGE upgrade.
    09-24-18 07:40 AM
    At first glance of the device I really thought the key2 would be a minor upgrade....absolutely a HUGE upgrade.
    Agreed. I was only really looking for the bigger keyboard. I didn't expect the massive performance upgrade. I didn't even have high expectations for the camera. It all turned out just better and faster overall.
    OMGitsRLR-1 and the_boon like this.
    09-24-18 07:43 AM
    Yes, for the apps we have. But what about the future? If you're going to stick with this phone for at least 2 years, then you'll notice over time why it has 6 GB.
    09-24-18 12:07 PM
    The Hub is blazing fast on the KEY2. Again, I'm not sure if it's the Snapdragon 660 or the 6 GB of RAM, or both, but I couldn't be happier.
    Yeah the Hub used to lag on my old KeyOne - especially during long periods of use and when I had a low battery. Hardly notice this anymore with the Key2!
    09-24-18 03:55 PM
    The amount of RAM will help a lot on a device aimed at productivity where multitasking is important.
    More RAM means that more apps can remain loaded. Thus they would stay where you left off.
    The KeyOne was a bit mistake with only 3GB of RAM... that’s what they put on an iPhone! The way Android is designed, you need at least 6GB nowadays for heavy users.
    09-24-18 05:44 PM
    Essentially the apps the you closed some time ago will still be held in memory. For example if you last used Instagram hours ago and launched it again. It would continue where ever you last left off on the feed.

Where as for the KeyOne currently, usually any time I switch out of the app and switch back, it'll refresh back to the very beginning. Same with web pages in Chrome etc.

Read: Multitasking beast.
    09-25-18 07:04 PM
    Essentially the apps the you closed some time ago will still be held in memory. For example if you last used Instagram hours ago and launched it again. It would continue where ever you last left off on the feed.

Where as for the KeyOne currently, usually any time I switch out of the app and switch back, it'll refresh back to the very beginning. Same with web pages in Chrome etc.

Read: Multitasking beast.
    Nowadays, Android need at least 6 and even 8GB of RAM to have proper multitasking. The Note 9 have 8 GB and most memory test on youtube show that some apps get killed after running just a few heavy games.
    Tech Idiot likes this.
    09-25-18 09:10 PM
    Nowadays, Android need at least 6 and even 8GB of RAM to have proper multitasking. The Note 9 have 8 GB and most memory test on youtube show that some apps get killed after running just a few heavy games.
    Running "a few" heavy games?
    09-25-18 09:35 PM
    One word: LagWiz
    Tech Idiot likes this.
    09-26-18 02:28 AM
    "Anything lower than an 845 is a snail processor that will have you chuck your phone at a wall"

-Spec obsessed slabbers
    09-26-18 02:29 AM
    Running "a few" heavy games?
    Yeah. It’s 2018. People use their devices for work and entertainment. It’s not only work device anymore. And the most successful devices are the ones that can handle both.

Modern multitasking!
    Fred Wu likes this.
    09-26-18 07:10 AM
    I know it's a bit off topic, but if people don't mind me asking what service provider is everyone using? I'm ready to buy a Key2 and I will be using AT&T I'm going to leave Verizon but I'm just a little nervous... I'm currently on my KeyOne
    09-26-18 07:34 AM
    I know it's a bit off topic, but if people don't mind me asking what service provider is everyone using? I'm ready to buy a Key2 and I will be using AT&T I'm going to leave Verizon but I'm just a little nervous... I'm currently on my KeyOne
    Why would you be nervous?
    09-26-18 07:52 AM
    Just nervous leaving Verizon, I've been with them for over 15 years and I'm not too sure how AT&T service is in my area.
    09-26-18 09:20 AM
    I was wondering if after a few months or maybe 6 does the KEY2 slow down at all. I know on the KEYONE it took time for people to start to notice the drag so if anyone has had their KEY2 for awhile it would be very interesting to hear their take on continual performance
    09-26-18 09:47 AM
    I was wondering if after a few months or maybe 6 does the KEY2 slow down at all. I know on the KEYONE it took time for people to start to notice the drag so if anyone has had their KEY2 for awhile it would be very interesting to hear their take on continual performance
    I guess we will know after 6 months. The KEYone was never as fast as the KEY2, even when new..
    The_Passporter likes this.
    09-26-18 09:56 AM
102 123 ...