I was quite excited about Key2 and couldn't wait to get my hands on it. I finally did and I must say I like(d) it very much.

Today, in fifth day of usage, the phone slid off a book on my table... fall distance: 5cm, result: cracked screen.

I'm just lost for words.
    Robinson2003 likes this.
    07-11-18 03:23 AM
    sorry to hear that my friend i am sure you can return it with the warranty.
    07-11-18 04:12 AM
    Hello,

Sorry for your experience, this must have been the worst angle possible in the history of physics for the display to crack from a 5 cm drop.

See what you can do with warranty, if not, there are replacement LCD's on ebay and elsewhere for not too expensive.

Once it's fixed/replaced, remember to ALWAYS use a tempered glass screen protector, or at the very least, a case that protrudes in the front and covers all angles

Good luck
    andy957 likes this.
    07-11-18 04:17 AM
    Hello,

Sorry for your experience, this must have been the worst angle possible in the history of physics for the display to crack from a 5 cm drop.
    It flipped and fell perfectly flat with screen facing down. The crack is not big, in top right corner. I didn't notice it at first. Now, of course, I see it all the time.
    07-11-18 04:26 AM
    that's your own fault
    07-11-18 04:38 AM
    that's your own fault
    Well, if for Key2 sliding off a book is considered enough to crack the screen, then yes, it's my fault that I bought it. I just didn't know it and am a bit surprised.

But seriously, I hope it's just a combination of faulty unit and bad luck. I don't want the replacement to crack when I look at it.
    Nizar Maaroufi, BerryRipe and JECE like this.
    07-11-18 04:49 AM
    Very sorry....That sucks
    07-11-18 05:09 AM
    I was quite excited about Key2 and couldn't wait to get my hands on it. I finally did and I must say I like(d) it very much.

Today, in fifth day of usage, the phone slid off a book on my table... fall distance: 5cm, result: cracked screen.

I'm just lost for words.
    Blessing in disguise my friend. Get a keyone. I have my key2 up for sale as it was a massive disappointment
    07-11-18 05:25 AM
    Can’t blame no one but yourself for that kid.
    07-11-18 06:02 AM
    Blessing in disguise my friend. Get a keyone. I have my key2 up for sale as it was a massive disappointment
    How is the Key2 a massive disappointment if you're comparing it to the KeyOne? All the specs are better: the processor, the keyboard, the responsiveness, the call clarity/quality, more memory and RAM, updated OS, and thus far no popping screens. Overall, a better phone. About the only thing I would question is the camera.
    07-11-18 11:07 AM
    Was a thread needed?
    07-11-18 12:02 PM
    Hello,

See what you can do with warranty, if not, there are replacement LCD's on ebay and elsewhere for not too expensive.

Once it's fixed/replaced, remember to ALWAYS use a tempered glass screen protector, or at the very least, a case that protrudes in the front and covers all angles

Good luck
    So he should get a case.....

A smartphone shouldn't need a case to be usable in the real word.
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    07-11-18 02:12 PM
    So he should get a case.....
    In a perfect world, no smartphone would need a case for every day use.

But this is not the case (pun intended). Cases are needed as long as smartphones are on the heavy side and have protruding glass
    07-11-18 02:14 PM
    But TCL has wonderful official cases available for k2! Oh wait...
    07-11-18 02:28 PM
    how does a phone fall 5cm from a book to a table and flip?
    chrispmoto and Vince Liew like this.
    07-11-18 02:50 PM
    that's your own fault
    And your fault for not putting insurance on a phone that runs $650. I don't understand people that don't run insurance on their phones. Had insurance since I can remember.
    07-11-18 03:08 PM
    And your fault for not putting insurance on a phone that runs $650. I don't understand people that don't run insurance on their phones. Had insurance since I can remember.
    I, for one, have spent an order of magnitude less on repairs during my life than I would have spent on smartphone insurance.
    07-11-18 03:12 PM
    I, for one, have spent an order of magnitude less on repairs during my life than I would have spent on smartphone insurance.
    This^^^! How much is a screen? $75 maybe? Repaired and replaced screen $100 approx? How much is the insurance? How long are you covered? What are the terms of the insurance?
    07-11-18 03:18 PM
    I get that, I have had insurance for a very long time and haven't had a phone I've had to use it on until my wife's KEYᵒⁿᵉ. I like the insurance because for me it's worry free, I placed the claim and was sent a new device in 2 days, didn't have to hunt down a repair shop, parts or wait for the repair. It's a convenience thing for me, I lose on it but the piece of mind is worth it to me.
    07-11-18 03:37 PM
    that's your own fault
    No phone screen should crack from a 2 inch drop...
    07-11-18 06:20 PM
    No phone screen should crack from a 2 inch drop...
    Glass is glass, and the laws of physics are immutable. There is always a way - however unlikely.
    07-11-18 06:23 PM
    My KEYone flew out of my hand from the bed, and landed on the wooden floor. Only damage to a corner on the back, no screen pop up or any scratch. Back that time I didn't even use a case or screen protector. Now I am using a case to cover the damage on the back.
    07-11-18 07:05 PM
    that's your own fault
    Excuse me. I own a black passport, and I have lost count of the number of times I have dropped it from different heights, in some cases 1metre, onto hard surfaces. No cracks, no dents, no effect on performance... in other words BlackBerry are perfectly capable of producing (or commissioning the production of) a device which is virtually indestructible.

Posted via CB10
    guygardner73 and nah.uhh like this.
    07-11-18 09:30 PM
    Excuse me. I own a black passport, and I have lost count of the number of times I have dropped it from different heights, in some cases 1metre, onto hard surfaces. No cracks, no dents, no effect on performance... in other words BlackBerry are perfectly capable of producing (or commissioning the production of) a device which is virtually indestructible.

Posted via CB10
    The same device that fell 5 cm and broke could just have easily survived a 10' drop onto solid concrete.

Sometimes you're just that 1 in 500 guy.
    07-11-18 10:36 PM
    It flipped and fell perfectly flat with screen facing down. The crack is not big, in top right corner. I didn't notice it at first. Now, of course, I see it all the time.
    Did the same thing with my KeyOne but it fell perfectly flat about a foot, cracked the corner on the bottom left making the captive keys useless . Called mopey carrier at the time and told them there was a hairline crack in the phone , sent me a new one
    07-11-18 11:00 PM
58 123