I need to purchase a reliable QC charger for use in the US and wonder if any of you regularly use the Verizon, or Pixel charger w a K2... do u experience any overheating issues? Otherwise, what do you recommend for a charger that works best w the K2? I can't locate a vendor that sells the original charger with the flat blades.
    08-15-18 08:13 PM
    I need to purchase a reliable QC charger for use in the US and wonder if any of you regularly use the Verizon, or Pixel charger w a K2... do u experience any overheating issues? Otherwise, what do you recommend for a charger that works best w the K2? I can't locate a vendor that sells the original charger with the flat blades.
    I ONLY use QC3 chargers. Cool as a cucumber.
    08-15-18 08:17 PM
    I ONLY use QC3 chargers. Cool as a cucumber.
    As in Aukey, Ankers, or what I listed above? Which one... the below review I just read had me thinking twice before a purchase:

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/best-u...ats-dangerous/
    08-15-18 08:31 PM
    As in Aukey, Ankers, or what I listed above? Which one... the below review I just read had me thinking twice before a purchase:

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/best-u...ats-dangerous/
    I use Anker cables and these chargers:

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0728HB18G/...UvbUpU13258518

Never had an issue.
    08-15-18 08:38 PM
    The Anker dual QC 3.0 is nice. Heavy. And it works.
    08-15-18 10:18 PM
    I use an AUKEY QC 3.0 charger with the OEM USB-C cable and my KEY2 does get warm until it reaches the higher percentages
    08-16-18 01:47 PM
    I have various Aukey and Anker QC3 charges that are used for all USB-powered devices I own personally or are used by my company, including walkie-talkies, test meters, lights, and radios/speakers - and all kinds of phones.

Never had any problems with any of them over the last 4 years.
    08-16-18 04:42 PM
    How can I disable the fast charge? I mean use regular charge with a fast charge adapter. I used to have the option under advanced battery settings on my samsung, no clue on bb.
    08-16-18 05:19 PM
    How can I disable the fast charge? I mean use regular charge with a fast charge adapter. I used to have the option under advanced battery settings on my samsung, no clue on bb.
    QC3 isn't really "fast charge", it's "variable charge" - which means it never sends more juice than your battery wants. No reason to disable it.
    floc likes this.
    08-16-18 05:38 PM
    I've been using Aukey 3.0 dual car charger and for home. Charges real quick and no issues what so ever. Love it.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-18 07:29 PM
    I use a surplus Essential charger regularly, which is same as Pixel 2 (PD - power delivery fast charging, not Qualcomm quickcharge) that works great. Basically PD is the open standard version of QC that Google is pushing on OEMs. The Key2 is also compatible with the PD standard. https://blackberrymobile.com/ca/specifications/keytwo/

The phone definitely does heat up a bit when charging though, regardless of which charger you use.
    08-16-18 07:33 PM
    I have issues getting quick charge to work consistently, even from very low battery levels. Using either the OEM charger or an Anker QC 3.0 car or wall charger. I only sometimes luckily get QC 3.0 Voltage & amperage. This is tested with the OEM cable as well as cables recommended by Benson Leung. I had the same issues with my Priv.

Can you guys check you Voltage & Amperage with a USB voltage meter/tester & see if you regularly get QC Amps/Volts please?
    08-16-18 10:40 PM
    QC3 isn't really "fast charge", it's "variable charge" - which means it never sends more juice than your battery wants. No reason to disable it.
    Thank you for the clarification, i was afraid to fry my batteries quickly like samsung does
    08-17-18 05:45 AM