Hi all,

So it's been approx 3 years that BlackBerry has launched their BlackBerry Priv phone which was the first Android device for them.

At first, it was Android Lollipop I believe and a lot of people said it wasn't refined enough and we're expecting other things, others loved it. Some of the issues had been with Priv and it's hardware combo and other factors.

We have now gone through many devices, DTEK series, K Series, Aroura and others. I don't have any concrete numbers but I would suspect that BlackBerry/BB Mobile has sold approx 5 million Android devices with BlackBerry software on it.

How has the software improved? How does that software compare to others in the industry? I am talking about in terms of stability, reliability, optimization and overall support. The security component is a given and is well known either with excellent security patches or delayed ones.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    10-23-18 06:51 PM
    Hi all,

So it's been approx 3 years that BlackBerry has launched their BlackBerry Priv phone which was the first Android device for them.

At first, it was Android Lollipop I believe and a lot of people said it wasn't refined enough and we're expecting other things, others loved it. Some of the issues had been with Priv and it's hardware combo and other factors.

We have now gone through many devices, DTEK series, K Series, Aroura and others. I don't have any concrete numbers but I would suspect that BlackBerry/BB Mobile has sold approx 5 million Android devices with BlackBerry software on it.

How has the software improved? How does that software compare to others in the industry? I am talking about in terms of stability, reliability, optimization and overall support. The security component is a given and is well known either with excellent security patches or delayed ones.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    What metric do you want to use?

Without statistics or quantitative measurement, it's all anecdotal.
    Crusader03 likes this.
    10-23-18 06:57 PM