hello folks,
    maybe some of you have noticed, or not, but Blackberry seemingly has made some new apps to replace previous ones (although 1 is completely new)
    Calculator - if you used calculator on a KeyOne and look at the new App on a k2 (you might have both installed) the newer version has conversion tools and a pull out scientific mode as well.

Clock - originally on my KeyOne I was using google Clock for my alarm clock and also as my screen saver (charing / docked) I'm not quite sure what the newest functionality is... so hey, let us know..

Sound Recorder - new App to me... works just like the voice recorder from BB10 os... so this is something we SERIOUSLY wanted as a native Blackberry App... and now we have it... you can also save your recordings to an external micro SD card

what are your thoughts folks?
    gizmo21, Johberry and FF22 like this.
    07-18-18 09:01 AM
    Proable TCL products that they are brought over to round out the productively suite that BlackBerry offers. I think it good to offer more of these...
    JOSS2 likes this.
    07-18-18 09:28 AM
    just checked and ive got sound recorder on the Key1 not sure if it was always there though ?
    07-18-18 10:09 AM
    Proable TCL products that they are brought over to round out the productively suite that BlackBerry offers. I think it good to offer more of these...
    Yeah, they're all TCL's doing. Only the Hub suite apps + Productivity Tab + Notable + Keyboard (to a point) are by BlackBerry themselves.
    07-18-18 10:16 AM
    just checked and ive got sound recorder on the Key1 not sure if it was always there though ?
    What KEY1 do you have. Got an unlocked one from Best Buy and I don't have it. Unless you got it in some update, seeing as I'm still stuck in May's ABA676.
    07-18-18 10:17 AM
    Unlocked UK but on a much newer os version
    07-18-18 12:50 PM
    Well there you go. Me and the rest of Unlocked US Phones will probably get the Sound Recorder and probably that new clock and calculator whenever we get that next update. I believe this is the longest we have gone without an update. Was hoping the extended wait is so that the next update, which typically got delivered in the late teens/early 20s, would be Oreo.
    07-18-18 01:40 PM
    Can someone please post a screenshot of the new sound/audio recorder? I have two "Audio Recorder" and "Sound Recorder," and I don't know which is the new one. Don't want to keep both.
    07-18-18 02:06 PM
    Can someone please post a screenshot of the new sound/audio recorder? I have two "Audio Recorder" and "Sound Recorder," and I don't know which is the new one. Don't want to keep both.
    Sound Recorder (yellow icon with mic) is what came on my KEY2.
    Johberry likes this.
    07-18-18 02:42 PM
    Sound Recorder (yellow icon with mic) is what came on my KEY2.
    Thank you!
    07-18-18 02:45 PM
    Thank you!
    I only know that because I only got the KEY2 in my hands last night after UPS debacles. So I haven't downloaded anything yet until I finish getting that last game progress I've been trying to transfer over from Priv, succeeded in getting it to KEY1 but it isn't going to KEY2 for whatever reason.
    07-18-18 03:00 PM
    I only know that because I only got the KEY2 in my hands last night after UPS debacles. So I haven't downloaded anything yet until I finish getting that last game progress I've been trying to transfer over from Priv, succeeded in getting it to KEY1 but it isn't going to KEY2 for whatever reason.
    Sorry you're having issues!

I was able to transfer all of my Apps from my KeyOne. The only files I haven't done are all of my photos because I apparently have 2000+ on my KeyOne and it was taking way too long to transfer all of it over to my Key2. I hope you get it sorted.
    07-18-18 03:04 PM
    Sorry you're having issues!

I was able to transfer all of my Apps from my KeyOne. The only files I haven't done are all of my photos because I apparently have 2000+ on my KeyOne and it was taking way too long to transfer all of it over to my Key2. I hope you get it sorted.
    It only took me off and on the whole life span of the KEY1 to finally figure out how to do it through adb. The last game for whatever reason is just being stubborn seeing as I got it to move from Priv to K1 last night, so now I just got to get it from Priv to K2.
    07-18-18 03:27 PM
    Does the new clock have the old BB10 night mode by any chance (see other thread about it)?
    07-18-18 04:31 PM
    So, from what I have seen, the clock hasn't got any other functionality than the google Clock that we got on the k1's...

Calculator got a nice overhaul for the k2 version, my k1 version installed when I restored from a previous device ( I really liked the restore because my apps all went to where I had them, folders and all lol )

and here's a pic of the apps with sound recorder
    Attached Thumbnails 3 new-ish Baked-in-Blackberry apps-16643.jpg  
    Johberry and skinnymike1 like this.
    07-18-18 08:40 PM
    You can get the sound Recorder fron APK Mirror for the Keyone...

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/blackb...-apk-download/
    FF22 and Mr23779 like this.
    07-19-18 11:13 AM
    What I like about the BB (TCL) version of the clock is it doesn't ping google analytics servers. Same with BB Gallery and Calculator (Calc only pings xe.com for currency info)
    07-19-18 05:32 PM
    What I like about the BB (TCL) version of the clock is it doesn't ping google analytics servers. Same with BB Gallery and Calculator (Calc only pings xe.com for currency info)
    hey, note sure what app you are referring to when you said "BlackBerry Gallery" ... which app is this?
    07-20-18 08:07 AM
    hey, note sure what app you are referring to when you said "BlackBerry Gallery" ... which app is this?
    Also how about that Blackberry clock and weather widget?
    07-20-18 08:20 AM
    Also how about that Blackberry clock and weather widget?
    BlackBerry clock is Baked-In but the weather app I use is this https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...expert.weather

I've configured mine to be transparent on my main screen. what I like about it, is that when you touch the clock it will launch the clock app you choose, and touching the date will launch ur preferred calendar app. etc..

side-note, if you want the nice icons, choose dark theme and select the animated icons.
    like in my screenshot
    Attached Thumbnails 3 new-ish Baked-in-Blackberry apps-18257.jpg  
    07-20-18 08:38 AM
    BlackBerry clock is Baked-In but the weather app I use is this https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...expert.weather
    That is nice (might look into that) but not what I meant. I think it was either the Motion or a foreign version of KEYone that got an extra BlackBerry clock widget baked in - had the clock as well as weather. IIRC they were also the first to get the Files app pre-installed where as we had to wait for an update. I know I can just get the apk and install it myself (I might still do that), but I'd rather BlackBerry actually give it to us rather than region restrict it.
    07-20-18 10:27 AM
    That is nice (might look into that) but not what I meant. I think it was either the Motion or a foreign version of KEYone that got an extra BlackBerry clock widget baked in - had the clock as well as weather. IIRC they were also the first to get the Files app pre-installed where as we had to wait for an update. I know I can just get the apk and install it myself (I might still do that), but I'd rather BlackBerry actually give it to us rather than region restrict it.
    they would have to have had Oreo installed, it's rolling out for those devices and they have the new updates available
    07-20-18 10:57 AM
    are the bb voice recorders available on Google play store?
    07-20-18 04:39 PM
    China KEYone, since they prefer domestic crapware over Google's.

are the bb voice recorders available on Google play store?
    None of these are.
    07-20-18 04:45 PM
    I haven't got a Key1 but compared to my Motion, other than the red accent the only meaningful difference I can see is holding the clock launches the screensaver.
    07-20-18 04:47 PM
34 12