Dear BB gurus,
    I think it's time for me to upgrade from KeyOne to 2, rather than waiting for a 3
    Could someone summarize the various Key2 models?
    I spent quite some time researching here and elsewhere, and stil not sure how the following differ, and how to recognize them before purchasing online?
    A concise and concise list detailing the following would be great:
    1. Red/Black/Silver,etc - so far I'm not sure of the difference apart from the color (which is the least of my concern).
      IOW, if I know other specs, ie RAM,Storage, /single vs dual sim,etc, or maybe even the model number (BBF100-6) - would the <colour> edition make a difference technically?
      Eg. do these indicate just generations that may affect quality?
    2. what's the story with "Atomic" edition?
    3. I gather I should avoid "Optiemus" models.. Why exactly and how to recognize them? in my understanding they are sort of remakes that only work in some countries..
    4. what's the best kind of "product id" the tells me the model variant? I gather this doesn't BBF100-6 but this may PRD-63828-007? how to identify?
    5. is there a difference in battery life? (especialy 64Gb vs 128Gb)
    6. I hear there were/are some issues with the keyboard,, any hints there? also how does it compare to the KeyOne?
    7. why are people saying Key2's are hard to find? google and ebay seem to have quite a few, at normal-ish prices..

I'm interested in the actual Key2 rather the LE's - mostly for using in Europe.
    Thanks a million for any enlightenment in advance. Sorry if I've missed a corner of CB or the internet which answers these.
    02-14-20 11:30 AM
    Dear BB gurus,
    I think it's time for me to upgrade from KeyOne to 2, rather than waiting for a 3
    Could someone summarize the various Key2 models?
    I spent quite some time researching here and elsewhere, and stil not sure how the following differ, and how to recognize them before purchasing online?
    A concise and concise list detailing the following would be great:
    1. Red/Black/Silver,etc - so far I'm not sure of the difference apart from the color (which is the least of my concern).
      IOW, if I know other specs, ie RAM,Storage, /single vs dual sim,etc, or maybe even the model number (BBF100-6) - would the edition make a difference technically?
      Eg. do these indicate just generations that may affect quality?
    2. what's the story with "Atomic" edition?
    3. I gather I should avoid "Optiemus" models.. Why exactly and how to recognize them? in my understanding they are sort of remakes that only work in some countries..
    4. what's the best kind of "product id" the tells me the model variant? I gather this doesn't BBF100-6 but this may PRD-63828-007? how to identify?
    5. is there a difference in battery life? (especialy 64Gb vs 128Gb)
    6. I hear there were/are some issues with the keyboard,, any hints there? also how does it compare to the KeyOne?
    7. why are people saying Key2's are hard to find? google and ebay seem to have quite a few, at normal-ish prices..

I'm interested in the actual Key2 rather the LE's - mostly for using in Europe.
    Thanks a million for any enlightenment in advance. Sorry if I've missed a corner of CB or the internet which answers these.
    KEY²:

BBF100-1, single SIM global
    BBF100-2, single SIM N.A.
    BBF100-4, dual SIM China
    BBF100-6, dual SIM global
    BBF100-8, dual SIM Japan
    BBF100-9, single SIM Japan

KEY² LE:

BBE100-1, single SIM global
    BBE100-2, single SIM N.A.
    BBE100-4, dual SIM global
    BBE100-5, dual SIM N.A.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1381535354

KEY² LE keyboard seems consistent throughout entire construction period. All product is identical except for colour / storage.

KEY² spacebar seemed to get better with later assembly dates, although I have an early one and it is perfect.

Any KEY² with a PRD ending in -5xx or Red in colour would be the latest models assembled.

Battery life does not change with respect to memory or storage.

Some dual SIM KEY² devices (all the Red and a few Black) come with 128GB of storage, but most are 64GB.
    Last edited by conite; 02-14-20 at 04:04 PM.
    02-14-20 02:53 PM
    KEY²:

BBF100-1, single SIM global
    BBF100-2, single SIM N.A.
    BBF100-4, dual SIM China
    BBF100-6, dual SIM global
    BBF100-8, dual SIM Japan
    BBF100-0, single SIM Japan

KEY² LE:

BBE100-1, single SIM global
    BBE100-2, single SIM N.A.
    BBE100-4, dual SIM global
    BBE100-5, dual SIM N.A.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1381535354

KEY² LE keyboard seems consistent throughout entire construction period. All product is identical except for colour / storage.

KEY² spacebar seemed to get better with later assembly dates, although I have an early one and it is perfect.

Any KEY² with a PRD ending in -5xx or Red in colour would be the latest models assembled.

Battery life does not change with respect to memory or storage.

Some dual SIM KEY² devices (all the Red and a few Black) come with 128GB of storage, but most are 64GB.
    Nice job this should have been a sticky last year.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    02-14-20 03:55 PM
    which key2 variants have the largest amount of RAM? 6gb?
    02-14-20 04:43 PM
    which key2 variants have the largest amount of RAM? 6gb?
    All Key2's should have 6GB of RAM
    02-14-20 04:46 PM
    Wow, one of the most informative replies I ever received on a forum. Thanks a million!

Good to know the colour itselff doesn't necessarily come with different specs - was just confused about certain posts about "Red variants" - was wondering if color meant more than it sounded to me.

Just a minor question there: I've seen a "Atomic Red" edition with PRD-63828-038, so last digits are not -5xx - so this seems end-of-2018 rather than _latest_ right?
    BTW, are "Red Editions" vs Atomic Red ones?
    02-15-20 07:47 PM
    Wow, one of the most informative replies I ever received on a forum. Thanks a million!

Good to know the colour itselff doesn't necessarily come with different specs - was just confused about certain posts about "Red variants" - was wondering if color meant more than it sounded to me.

Just a minor question there: I've seen a "Atomic Red" edition with PRD-63828-038, so last digits are not -5xx - so this seems end-of-2018 rather than _latest_ right?
    BTW, are "Red Editions" vs Atomic Red ones?
    I was referring to KEY²s with respect to -5xx.

All KEY² LEs are built the same.
    02-16-20 12:40 AM
    I was referring to KEY²s with respect to -5xx.

All KEY² LEs are built the same.
    Yeah I got that, and said I'm interested in KEY² rather than LEs

However I saw a confusing (and ridiculously overpriced) ad mentioning "Atomic Red" for a KEY² -and according to the PRD number it's a KEY² indeed.
    So it's not atomic, fine - however my question was related to your statement:

Any KEY² with a PRD ending in -5xx OR Red in colour would be the latest models assembled.
    so here is red one which doesn't seem to be the latest according to PRD. It just seems like a bogus ad , and it's probably a black edition actually.
    02-16-20 05:37 AM