As of right now, if I want to use word substitution, autocorrect has to be on. I tried setting it to "weak," the lowest setting, and for the most part it ignores most misspellings (I was doing it on purpose to check it out. But then it decided that "its" is not a real word and always "corrects" it to "it's" ...

In case English isn't your first language and you don't realize the problem, the possessive form of it is "its" without the apostrophe, while "it's" is short for "it is."

I've tried everything, adding it to the dictionary, using word substitutions to "trick" it, using restrictions, nothing worked...

It might seem minor, but that's only what I found in the 20 minutes I was testing it out to make sure autocorrect wouldn't screw with my typing too much... I'm too much of a perfectionist, and even that "autocorrect fail" bugs me. So now, autocorrect is back to "Off" and that means none of my word substitutions work either.

I don't get it, why can't word substitution work on its own? I really hope in a future update they either unlink word sub from autocorrect or have an additional autocorrect setting below "weak" where it ONLY allows the word subs and NOTHING else...
    07-06-17 08:21 AM
    Do you use a vkb phone? On the Priv, I can disable autocorrect from the pkb and leave it weak on the vkb, and word substitution works flawlessly, even with multi-line entries.
    07-08-17 09:07 AM
    Do you use a vkb phone? On the Priv, I can disable autocorrect from the pkb and leave it weak on the vkb, and word substitution works flawlessly, even with multi-line entries.
    I was a little wrong in my description, it's either autocorrect and/or word prediction. If you turn both of them off, word sub doesn't work, but if either of them are on, then it'll work. I had them both off. But when I found out it'll work with prediction, I turned that back on since using it is optional.

Go and turn "Show Predictions" off and you'll see that it'll stop working.
    07-09-17 06:36 AM