We will probably hammer on it a bit longer before thinking about any major changes. It does work for most of the other apps in our experience, but we're not entirely sure what WhatsApp might be doing differently.
    02-05-18 05:23 PM
    We will probably hammer on it a bit longer before thinking about any major changes. It does work for most of the other apps in our experience, but we're not entirely sure what WhatsApp might be doing differently.
    I concur that most apps work; it's only WhatsApp and WeChat that I have experienced this issue with.
    02-05-18 05:26 PM
    By the way, as you may very well know, WeChat works almost similarly to my suggestion in post # 75 above. That is, Hub only shows the last message received; there is no history.

That said, it doesn't auto delete the last message after the notification is dismissed which is why I wrote 'almost similarly' to my suggestion.
    02-06-18 07:09 AM
    This e-mail support service is not working any more. Got an automatic response informing that.

My current issue is that Whastsapp messages (in and outgoing messages) aren´t being shown up on KeyOne BlackBerry hub. Deleted and re-installed the app twice and nothing has changed. Aldo checked if the hub setting is configured to receive whatsapp messages and it is. In the app setting also everything is ok.

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance.

Keyone 100-2
    Android version 7.1.1
    BlackBerry hub version: 1.5.7.48696
    02-13-18 09:54 AM
    This e-mail support service is not working any more. Got an automatic response informing that.

My current issue is that Whastsapp messages (in and outgoing messages) aren´t being shown up on KeyOne BlackBerry hub. Deleted and re-installed the app twice and nothing has changed. Aldo checked if the hub setting is configured to receive whatsapp messages and it is. In the app setting also everything is ok.

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance.

Keyone 100-2
    Android version 7.1.1
    BlackBerry hub version: 1.5.7.48696
    Hub is not supposed to show WhatsApp outgoing messages or sync deleted messages into WhatsApp.

This is an Android limitation that was discussed here many times
    02-13-18 10:05 AM
    OK I got it but ingoing messages might work on hub and this ins´t the case in my K1.

Thank you
    02-13-18 10:15 AM
    OK I got it but ingoing messages might work on hub and this ins´t the case in my K1.

Thank you
    So are you saying that you are not seeing incoming messages at all?
    02-13-18 10:18 AM
    Yes. The only way to see whatsapp ingoing messages is to open the app itself.
    02-13-18 10:21 AM
    Yes. The only way to see whatsapp ingoing messages is to open the app itself.
    That shouldn't be the case indeed. I do see a slight delay for the message to populate in Hub but it always ends up coming in at some point.

Are you seeing the message in your notification shade?
    02-13-18 10:24 AM
    Nope. The only way to see the messages is in the app.
    02-13-18 10:29 AM
    Nope. The only way to see the messages is in the app.
    Well then your issue is very clear; look at your notification settings and make sure they are not blocked. There are two ways notifications are handled:

1. App based
    2. System based

Make sure you address both!

Note: Hub integration is based on Android notifications. Other then SMS & email, any other integrated app must have its notifications enabled in order for the messages to show in Hub.
    02-13-18 10:33 AM
    Is the Hub integration only for What's App, and not What's App for Business?
    02-13-18 10:38 AM
    Is the Hub integration only for What's App, and not What's App for Business?
    Just WhatsApp, not WhatsApp Business.
    02-13-18 10:42 AM
    Thank you again for your help. Coming from BB10 requires a little bit of time to get used to it. Will try to upload some screen shots:

WhatsApp Integration Since Last Beta Hub Update-screenshot_1.jpgWhatsApp Integration Since Last Beta Hub Update-screenshot_2.jpgWhatsApp Integration Since Last Beta Hub Update-screenshot-3.jpg
    02-13-18 10:53 AM
    Thank you again for your help. Coming from BB10 requires a little bit of time to get used to it. Will try to upload some screen shots:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_1.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	434291Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	434292Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 3.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	434293
    Turn On notification light and see what happens.
    02-13-18 11:11 AM
    Worked out!!!!!

Thank you veru much!!
    02-13-18 11:27 AM
    Worked out!!!!!

Thank you veru much!!
    Pleasure!
    Murundum likes this.
    02-13-18 11:30 AM
    I must say that since the most recent version updates this integration is significantly more stable though it is still lacking. A device restart or cache clearance breaks it. My workaround is to delete all 'broken' message integrations after I identify one and my suggestion is to have Hub auto delete any 'broken' integrated message automatically as at that point the entry in the message list is useless.

My versions:

Hub: 1.5.8.14434

Services: 1.5.8.49124
    03-13-18 02:00 AM
    @max-bb

Since the last post I am seeing a significant improvement. Messages are directed properly and as I mentioned a while ago, until the device is either restarted or the cache is cleared the log remains in-tact, that is you can properly access WhatsApp messages from Hub.

That being said, if you receive multiple messages, all of which are Unread in Hub and WhatsApp, tapping one of the messages is automatically marking the other messages as Read though they are still Unread in WhatsApp.

Is there any way you guys can try to address that or that behavior is by design and I am missing something?
    05-01-18 03:36 PM
    Is there any way you guys can try to address that or that behavior is by design and I am missing something?
    It is by design: For social integration, it is considered read when the notification leaves the tray. When you launch WhatsApp, presumably it is removing all pending notifications from the tray, so all messages get marked read.

The tray notifications are the only indication we have as to whether something has been acknowledged or not.
    05-01-18 03:43 PM
    It is by design: For social integration, it is considered read when the notification leaves the tray. When you launch WhatsApp, presumably it is removing all pending notifications from the tray, so all messages get marked read.

The tray notifications are the only indication we have as to whether something has been acknowledged or not.
    Thanks! If that's the case, how come Instagram doesn't behave the same way?

I understand you don't have much control over it since Hub is taking its cues from the notification tray but since WhatsApp is more of a messaging app I would think that a more desirable behavior is to leave any unread message as Unread.

Perhaps you can consider writing a command line that automatically mark the none accessed message (ones that were not tapped) as Unread after the first message was accessed and cleared the notification tray.

I use the convenience key to launch Hub (so as many other users) which helps to quickly get back to my message list; once a WhatsApp message was accessed, returning to Hub only to find all other WhatsApp messages as Read is not very intuitive and often lead to 'forgetting' a message.

Sure I can access these messages from WhatsApp after I had read / replied the first one but then what is the purpose of proper Hub Integration?

Respectfully, I encourage you to try and see if a workaround can be programmed.
    05-01-18 04:04 PM
    Different apps clear the tray differently.

We have no way to know the read status within an app. We don't know what you did while you were in the app.

Many, but not all, apps, remove notifications when you read the message, and leave them there until you do. Presumably Instagram works this way.

WhatsApp, specifically seems to be removing the notifications for all messages when you open it, which is a pretty non-standard behaviour.

The alternative, not marking a message as read _unless_ you open it from Hub, is just as unpalatable: we would have complaints about messages being unread when they did look at them in the app, and the notification was removed. Phantom unread messages make people stabby.

This particular issue you'll likely have to take up with WhatsApp. I would consider it inconvenient, even if I wasn't a hub user, that all the notifications are getting cleared when I opened one of them. Ignoring hub, if you open a message from the tray, does WhatsApp clear all the others?

If so, I consider this a WhatsApp bug; I would not expect an app to clear notifications for unrelated conversations.
    05-01-18 04:11 PM
    Different apps clear the tray differently.

We have no way to know the read status within an app. We don't know what you did while you were in the app.

Many, but not all, apps, remove notifications when you read the message, and leave them there until you do. Presumably Instagram works this way.

WhatsApp, specifically seems to be removing the notifications for all messages when you open it, which is a pretty non-standard behaviour.

The alternative, not marking a message as read _unless_ you open it from Hub, is just as unpalatable: we would have complaints about messages being unread when they did look at them in the app, and the notification was removed. Phantom unread messages make people stabby.

This particular issue you'll likely have to take up with WhatsApp. I would consider it inconvenient, even if I wasn't a hub user, that all the notifications are getting cleared when I opened one of them. Ignoring hub, if you open a message from the tray, does WhatsApp clear all the others?

If so, I consider this a WhatsApp bug; I would not expect an app to clear notifications for unrelated conversations.
    You are absolutely correct! Thank you much for the insightful reply.

That's definitely a WhatsApp thing and to answer your question, when a WhatsApp message is accessed from the notification tray it will clear all other WhatsApp message as well which if you ask me is a purposeful design since they (like all developers) want to encourage (force?) users to remain in their app rather to navigate outside of it, even if it's only to open another message.

I will try to contact them to see if they will consider leaving none accessed message in the notification tray which will 'fix' the issue. Not holding my breath here...
    05-01-18 04:24 PM
    That's how works android hub
    05-01-18 04:56 PM
    That's how works android hub
    Are you saying that this is how Android's notification tray works? The user tap one message and all the rest from the same app clear?
    05-01-18 04:59 PM
107 ... 2345