I am experiencing a random behavior:

When opening an older WA message using Hub, even though the conversation is not deleted in WA often times Hub will send me to the message list in WA rather than to the actual message within WA.

This is not the case with new or recent WA messages where the behavior is as expected and the user is sent directly to the message within Hub.

I could understand if the integration could only allow sending the user to the actual message within WA if the message was new but as I mentioned above a proper redirection happens for recent messages as well and therefore the confusion. At what point Hub can no longer redirect the user properly, most likely due to WA restrictions?
    05-29-17 11:44 AM
    We're looking into solutions for that. It only happens on Android 7.

If BlackBerry Hub+ Services is killed (which can happen in low-memory conditions) or the device is rebooted, then we lose access to conversations that happened earlier.
    RK_BB likes this.
    05-29-17 11:54 AM

If BlackBerry Hub+ Services is killed (which can happen in low-memory conditions) or the device is rebooted, then we lose access to conversations that happened earlier.
    When android 7 will be available on priv, do you allowed to comment?
    05-29-17 11:57 AM

Thank you Liam! Now we know the root cause. Appreciate the fast response.
    05-29-17 12:02 PM
    When android 7 will be available on priv, do you allowed to comment?
    I can't comment on that.
    05-29-17 12:05 PM

2 questions for you @LiamQ:

Why isn't Hub Services listed as an app in the battery optimization settings? I would think that if it could be excluded from monitoring, much like most apps can be, this problem would go away.

If this problem is cause by Android 7 killing Hub Services silently in the background, why doesn't this behavior happens with other app integrations like Textra for example?
    05-29-17 03:58 PM
    2 questions for you @LiamQ:

Why isn't Hub Services listed as an app in the battery optimization settings? I would think that if it could be excluded from monitoring, much like most apps can be, this problem would go away.
    It's listed for me in Settings -> Battery -> Battery optimisation -> All apps. But I don't think Android's low memory killer will avoid apps based on battery optimization settings.

If this problem is cause by Android 7 killing Hub Services silently in the background, why doesn't this behavior happens with other app integrations like Textra for example?
    SMS is different because there are platform integration hooks for SMS.
    05-29-17 04:10 PM
    It's listed for me in Settings -> Battery -> Battery optimisation -> All apps. But I don't think Android's low memory killer will avoid apps based on battery optimization settings.

Got it. Work in progress! It will be nailed soon
    05-29-17 04:13 PM
    @LiamQ while you're looking at the Hub-WhatsApp intergration: any chance to remove the annoying "WhatsApp web is currently active" (or for me in German: "WhatsApp Web ist gerade aktiv" ;-)...) message from the hub?
    That would be awesome!
    Thanks! :-)
    RK_BB likes this.
    05-30-17 01:24 AM
    @LiamQ while you're looking at the Hub-WhatsApp intergration: any chance to remove the annoying "WhatsApp web is currently active" (or for me in German: "WhatsApp Web ist gerade aktiv" ;-)...) message from the hub?
    That would be awesome!
    Thanks! :-)
    I agree!
    05-30-17 11:41 AM

Firstly, thanks for being here helping and answering our questions, but I'm really curious to know why hub and whatsapp have been so Hard to work together like in BlackBerry 10 days, I mean, in my Priv At Last, conversations are repeated and shows older messages on the hub widget rather than the Last whatsapp message, I clear cache and everything, have everything clean, without tons of WA conversations to avoid these troubles, everything updated, but the hub really needs some serious polyshment @LiamQ and I say this not criticizing the hub, I say this because I love my Priv and want BlackBerry software to be as good and better than BlackBerry 10, thanks for your time here, good luck with fixing and improving the hub
    05-31-17 05:23 PM
    Firstly, thanks for being here helping and answering our questions, but I'm really curious to know why hub and whatsapp have been so Hard to work together like in BlackBerry 10 days, I mean, in my Priv At Last, conversations are repeated and shows older messages on the hub widget rather than the Last whatsapp message, I clear cache and everything, have everything clean, without tons of WA conversations to avoid these troubles, everything updated, but the hub really needs some serious polyshment @LiamQ and I say this not criticizing the hub, I say this because I love my Priv and want BlackBerry software to be as good and better than BlackBerry 10, thanks for your time here, good luck with fixing and improving the hub
    Do you see that problem in both Hub and the Hub widget? Or does it only happen in the widget?
    05-31-17 05:24 PM
    Do you see that problem in both Hub and the Hub widget? Or does it only happen in the widget?
    In both my friend, I have wondered if a SO reinstall will solve the problem, just like I use to do with my Q10 when it acts clunky, but now that you are here, you may be able to answer my question, and while we are at it, Instagram also have the same problem on and outside of widget and hub app itself, excuse me for being a bit more curious, but are there any plans of making the hub a part of system itself in BlackBerry Android Devices Like it used to be in BlackBerry 10, thanks again for your time bro
    05-31-17 05:28 PM
    When opening an older WA message using Hub, even though the conversation is not deleted in WA often times Hub will send me to the message list in WA rather than to the actual message within WA.
    I also get that problem.

But also I very often fail to get notifications for WA messages and, when I open the Hub at some later point (maybe to check an email), there is a message along the lines of (I paraphrase, as I deleted the latest one), "You may have a WA message". And, sure enough, when I am in the WA app, there is one that I wasn't notified about and that isn't listed in the Hub.

I have had to move WA onto the home screen in the hope of being able to get a more timely warning of any messages. I may as well then just use WA, rather than access it through the Hub.

BTW I have had no unplanned closures of the Hub, to my knowledge, eg reboot or low-memory, as mentioned earlier.
    06-04-17 03:02 AM
    I also get that problem.

But also I very often fail to get notifications for WA messages and, when I open the Hub at some later point (maybe to check an email), there is a message along the lines of (I paraphrase, as I deleted the latest one), "You may have a WA message". And, sure enough, when I am in the WA app, there is one that I wasn't notified about and that isn't listed in the Hub.

I have had to move WA onto the home screen in the hope of being able to get a more timely warning of any messages. I may as well then just use WA, rather than access it through the Hub.

BTW I have had no unplanned closures of the Hub, to my knowledge, eg reboot or low-memory, as mentioned earlier.
    The instances of 'silent app kill' by Android are happening in the background. While Hub itself may very well stay open, Hub Plus Services isn't and that is what's breaking the link.

BlackBerry Support is aware and are looking for a solution to get around this Android feature that was put in place in order to efficiently manage memory and increase battery life.

Give & Take
    06-04-17 11:47 AM

This is now happening with newly messages received. The message is accessed from Hub only to send me to the list rather than to the message.

This is using a KEYone device.
    06-07-17 02:11 PM

Seems like this issue had been resolved with the latest update.

Do you concur?
    06-26-17 03:19 AM

Do you concur?
    Or maybe not. I spoke too soon....it is very random now; some messages get properly directed and some aren't irrespective of Android silent app kill as some significantly older messages work while newer aren't.
    06-26-17 03:28 AM

Do you concur?
    No. Is there any progress on a fix?
    07-27-17 01:01 PM
    No. Is there any progress on a fix?
    Not that I can tell. It is very random on my device.
    07-27-17 01:08 PM
    Not that I can tell. It is very random on my device.
    Same here, I'm having to 're-convert' contacts to BBM, which they aren't keen on.

I have just tried deleting WA and reinstalling it, tho I don't suppose that'll have any effect. Interestingly, tho it has all my old messages, none of them appear in the Hub. Maybe it's best if they don't? Or maybe it just takes time.
    07-27-17 01:18 PM
    Same here, I'm having to 're-convert' contacts to BBM, which they aren't keen on.

I have just tried deleting WA and reinstalling it, tho I don't suppose that'll have any effect. Interestingly, tho it has all my old messages, none of them appear in the Hub. Maybe it's best if they don't? Or maybe it just takes time.
    I doubt re-installation will help and I am surprised that it seems no one is really bothered by it otherwise there would have been more participants in this thread. Wondering if users either aren't using WA or don't bother with the Hub integration since it seems unreliable let alone the integration isn't complete when it works; several issue are discussed in another thread I created. Let's hope BB developers are on it.

By the way, are you on Beta?
    07-27-17 01:24 PM
    I doubt re-installation will help and I am surprised that it seems no one is really bothered by it otherwise there would have been more participants in this thread. Wondering if users either aren't using WA or don't bother with the Hub integration since it seems unreliable let alone the integration isn't complete when it works; several issue are discussed in another thread I created. Let's hope BB developers are on it.

By the way, are you on Beta?
    Actually, so far it's looking good. I was dubious initially but replies have been coming fast and all new messages are also promptly shown in the Hub but no old ones have yet re-appeared. I'm hoping it has 'broken' whatever the faulty link between them was.

AFAIK I'm not on the Beta - how can I tell?
    07-28-17 02:05 AM
    Actually, so far it's looking good. I was dubious initially but replies have been coming fast and all new messages are also promptly shown in the Hub but no old ones have yet re-appeared. I'm hoping it has 'broken' whatever the faulty link between them was.

AFAIK I'm not on the Beta - how can I tell?
    You would have know if you were. There is a sign up process.

Thanks for the follow up!
    07-28-17 02:07 AM