my contacts are all from google contacts

i am still missing some whatsapp messages because they do not appear on hub
    "You bug" is happening 90% of the time with my whatsapp messages

very annoying situation..
    09-09-18 06:21 PM
    did someone try to reinstall the hub ?
    09-12-18 09:22 AM
    did someone try to reinstall the hub ?
    That's not going to help. The issue started after a WhatsApp update which seem to have affected message parsing.

We need to wait for a Hub update which may even come today but we don't know if it addresses this issues at all.
    aluiziomachado likes this.
    09-12-18 10:55 AM
    That's not going to help. The issue started after a WhatsApp update which seem to have affected message parsing.

We need to wait for a Hub update which may even come today but we don't know if it addresses this issues at all.
    This is only happening in your whatsspp contacts? I have been having contacts and calendars entries disappear and reappear from an office365 account. The entries disappear and reappear in the BlackBerry Contacts and Calendar apps.
    09-12-18 11:33 AM
    This is only happening in your whatsspp contacts? I have been having contacts and calendars entries disappear and reappear from an office365 account. The entries disappear and reappear in the BlackBerry Contacts and Calendar apps.
    Yup! Review post # 25 of this thread. I have an Office 365 account as well and I experienced the exact same thing though I am not entirely convinced that this is a server side issue since I have experienced similar behavior with my Gmail account.

It looks like the sync stops for a while and restart at some point; this behavior is affecting all the Hub+ Services dependent records.
    09-12-18 11:51 AM
    Yup! Review post # 25 of this thread. I have an Office 365 account as well and I experienced the exact same thing though I am not entirely convinced that this is a server side issue since I have experienced similar behavior with my Gmail account.

It looks like the sync stops for a while and restart at some point; this behavior is affecting all the Hub+ Services dependent records.
    The strange thing is I have 3 other office365 accounts on this phone that are NOT experiencing this "de-syncing" and "re-syncing" issue. Those three accounts do not have contacts, just calendars. But they are not having issues.
    09-12-18 12:24 PM
    We're testing a fix for the WhatsApp "You" bug, but it won't get to beta this week.
    cb900f2 likes this.
    09-12-18 03:18 PM
    We're testing a fix for the WhatsApp "You" bug, but it won't get to beta this week.
    Thank you for the update re: WhatsApp "You" bug.

That said, what did today's Hub update to ver. # 1.6.2.15744 fix?

I am assuming it fixed the widget. Please note that it still showing Sent items while the option is turned Off in Hub.
    09-12-18 03:48 PM
    As you might be aware WhatsApp pushed a new update today, Ver. # 2.18.277

Hopefully it won't affect what you are doing or perhaps it went back to how it was?

Nonetheless, FYI
    09-13-18 06:58 PM
    It happened to me just after recent WhatsApp update.
    09-13-18 11:10 PM
    Please remove the sound that happens when we delete an email from notification center.
    09-14-18 07:01 PM
    Same issue here!!
    09-15-18 04:32 AM
    Getting the same "you" also
    09-15-18 08:16 PM
    @max-bb @LiamQ

While you guys investigate this phenomenon, perhaps this new message parsing configuration opened a new window of opportunity to display the last message sent (like SMS & BBM integration) given user "You" is the account owner.

Just a thought
    09-18-18 12:09 PM
    anyway...is there any other notification hub for android that works well with whatsapp ?
    searching playstore comments it sounds like whatsapp is not making it easy for any developer to have their app working well with others...
    is it a way to make people open whatsapp instead other notifications apps ??
    09-19-18 10:05 PM
    is it a way to make people open whatsapp instead other notifications apps ??
    You hit the nail on the head! Android app developers have no incentive to integrate with other apps unless they fall under the same business umbrella. They want users to stay on their platform (app) for as long as they possibly can.

WhatsApp in particular is one of the worst offenders when it comes to forcing people on their app; no wonder as they are owned by Facebook which use a similar approach.

One example is how WhatsApp target Oreo Notification Channels but disabled Low importance so the user can't suppress notifications, unless they turn them off completely.

For these reason I considered closing my WhatsApp account many times; unfortunately it became necessity in my world.
    09-19-18 10:21 PM
    With today's update ver. # 1.6.2.52412 this bug should have been fixed!

Thank you @LiamQ and @max-bb

Will test and report!
    aluiziomachado likes this.
    09-20-18 12:53 PM
    At first glance I just received a WhatsApp missed call Hub entry from a contact that didn't call me.

Unfortunately I didn't think to check the notifications shade to see if that came from WhatsApp itself or something that was caused in Hub. I will remember to do so next time that happens and report back here.
    @LiamQ @max-bb

FYI
    09-20-18 02:43 PM
    Though the integration seem pretty stable so far there is a slight issue with group conversations.

Unfortunately it is as random as the "You" bug therefore its difficult to track but sometimes group messages create separate entries in Hub rather than group into the same thread.

So pretty much two issues so far, this one + the one described in post # 43 above.
    @max-bb @LiamQ
    09-21-18 11:23 AM
    Update to post # 44; I narrowed it down:

This happens when receiving a message with an attachment (pic).

Unlike indicated in post # 44, this happens in any conversation, NOT just group.
    @max-bb @LiamQ
    09-21-18 12:15 PM
    At first glance I just received a WhatsApp missed call Hub entry from a contact that didn't call me.
    This is triggered on a notification being of category "CALL"

This happens when receiving a message with an attachment (pic).
    I will pass this onto our social developers.
    09-21-18 12:23 PM
    If you can give us exact reproduction steps, we'll give it a look.
    09-21-18 12:25 PM
    This is triggered on a notification being of category "CALL"
    Which means?
    09-21-18 12:26 PM
    As far as I can tell, we'd only post a miss call notification if we saw a notification that specifically was posted under the system category "CALL". This part of our code didn't change at all. I would likely say, at this point, it was a whatsapp hiccup, but let me know if you see it again or notice a specific type of message is triggering it, or you know, your friend butt dialed you and cancelled the call
    09-21-18 12:29 PM
    As far as I can tell, we'd only post a miss call notification if we saw a notification that specifically was posted under the system category "CALL". This part of our code didn't change at all. I would likely say, at this point, it was a whatsapp hiccup, but let me know if you see it again or notice a specific type of message is triggering it, or you know, your friend butt dialed you and cancelled the call
    Got it! The missed call entry in Hub is definitely correctly categorized as a WhatsApp entry as it should since I could see a missed call in the WhatsApp app as well though it was received from a different contact than the one indicated in the Hub entry.

That said, next time that happens I will be sure not to dismiss the OS notification in order to check if there are any discrepancies.

I will keep you posted; thanks for the explanation.
    09-21-18 12:43 PM
82 1234