Thanks for working on this everyone. This issue has frustrated me on my Gmail account since the Priv's release.
    08-09-17 01:31 PM
    Can you please give me the versions of Hub and Hub+ Services?
    I am on the latest Beta of both (see below screen shots).

This issue also happens with the public version as when I first noticed it I was not part of the Beta group.

08-09-17 01:54 PM
    @max-bb were you able to identify a probable to cause?
    08-11-17 03:47 PM
    Yes still happening daily. Very frustrating. Is the Hub team working on a solution? This would seem to be a big bug.
    08-14-17 11:02 PM
    Yes still happening daily. Very frustrating. Is the Hub team working on a solution? This would seem to be a big bug.
    They are but we need to help them isolate the issue so that they may be able to resolve it quicker.

Can point a specific situation, perhaps deletion method under which this problem occurs?

Which email server are you using?
    08-15-17 01:18 AM
    Happens under every scenario whether it be mass deleting, deleting one by one, deleting by account or sliding to delete. I have a Gmail, imap, and exchange account and each continue to have the issue. Every time I login on desktop, have numerous undeleted messages I have to weed thru.
    08-15-17 06:48 AM
    Happens under every scenario whether it be mass deleting, deleting one by one, deleting by account or sliding to delete. I have a Gmail, imap, and exchange account and each continue to have the issue. Every time I login on desktop, have numerous undeleted messages I have to weed thru.
    Is it consistent? Meaning does it happen every single time or is it random?
    08-15-17 09:48 AM
    We haven't been able to reproduce this issue. DroidBerryGuy, did you try toggling the "Delete on" setting in Hub -> Settings -> General Settings? Change it to "Hub only", delete a message, and then change it back to "Hub and Server".
    08-15-17 02:27 PM
    Gmail's non(sub)-standard implementation of email strikes again!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    I don't have any trouble with Gmail on any other email client I'm using except with the hub sometimes. Even the sh*tty Win10's email client is managing Gmail OK.
    So IMHO is hub's fault.
    08-15-17 02:57 PM
    I don't have any trouble with Gmail on any other email client I'm using except with the hub sometimes. Even the sh*tty Win10's email client is managing Gmail OK.
    So IMHO is hub's fault.
    Well, I agree that the bug is likely with the Hub, but there's also a reason this happens on Gmail and not on Exchange or other hosted email providers. Google's implementation of email just doesn't play all that well with many email clients that aren't specifically made to accommodate it. It's notoriously bad with MS Outlook, for example.

What I recommend to my clients is to prioritize either Exchange (or a free alternative) OR Gmail and then pick an email client that is known for compatibility with that choice. I use 5 different hosted email technologies for email with the Hub, and all but Gmail are always perfect.

For Gmail, I read emails only via the Hub. I would never consider trying to use Gmail-specific features such as archiving. I won't even move emails to folders, tbh.

08-16-17 02:48 PM
    Well, I agree that the bug is likely with the Hub, but there's also a reason this happens on Gmail and not on Exchange or other hosted email providers. Google's implementation of email just doesn't play all that well with many email clients that aren't specifically made to accommodate it. It's notoriously bad with MS Outlook, for example.

What I recommend to my clients is to prioritize either Exchange (or a free alternative) OR Gmail and then pick an email client that is known for compatibility with that choice. I use 5 different hosted email technologies for email with the Hub, and all but Gmail are always perfect.

For Gmail, I read emails only via the Hub. I would never consider trying to use Gmail-specific features such as archiving. I won't even move emails to folders, tbh.

I disagree with your statement re this issue happens with Gmail only. While I agree with Gmail's different way of managing email may not play very well with some clients, this issue happens with other mail servers as well, Office 365 included as posted earlier in this thread.

The screen shots I provided for example are showing none deleted emails from my Office 365 account.
    08-16-17 04:58 PM
    I disagree with your statement re this issue happens with Gmail only. While I agree with Gmail's different way of managing email may not play very well with some clients, this issue happens with other mail servers as well, Office 365 included as posted earlier in this thread.

The screen shots I provided for example are showing none deleted emails from my Office 365 account.
    Hmm. Let me try to replicate that on my Office 365 account. It's an E3 level account, and I'm the administrator. I'll let you know if I find anything.

08-16-17 06:30 PM
    Hmm. Let me try to replicate that on my Office 365 account. It's an E3 level account, and I'm the administrator. I'll let you know if I find anything.

Much appreciated, thank you!
    08-16-17 07:00 PM
    We do try to accommodate most of Gmail's idiosyncrasies, if not the additional features. Deleting should work with Gmail (eg, we move message to Trash, which should remove all labels and put the Trash label on), filing should remove the current label and add the new one. The Gmail app, being native and using its own protocol exposes a lot more features than we can. If there is a (supported) feature that consistently doesn't work right, I would like to hear about it.
    08-17-17 10:00 AM
    We do try to accommodate most of Gmail's idiosyncrasies, if not the additional features. Deleting should work with Gmail (eg, we move message to Trash, which should remove all labels and put the Trash label on), filing should remove the current label and add the new one. The Gmail app, being native and using its own protocol exposes a lot more features than we can. If there is a (supported) feature that consistently doesn't work right, I would like to hear about it.
    Thanks for the input @max-bb.

I honestly think that this issue in particular has nothing to do with Gmail as it happened to me with my Office 365 account as well.

There is an IT professional on this thread that mentioned he would try to replicate this issue on his Office 365 account. In a weird way, hopefully he will be successful and we can then be one step closer to isolating this.

Such a random bug!
    08-17-17 10:21 AM

I honestly think that this issue in particular has nothing to do with Gmail as it happened to me with my Office 365 account as well.

There is an IT professional on this thread that mentioned he would try to replicate this issue on his Office 365 account. In a weird way, hopefully he will be successful and we can then be one step closer to isolating this.

Such a random bug!
    As I stated earlier, this happens to me with Gmail, Imap and Exchange. I haven't been able to nail down any specific action that triggers it. It seems as though it has happened in all the ways you can delete am email, however.
    08-17-17 08:19 PM
    As I stated earlier, this happens to me with Gmail, Imap and Exchange. I haven't been able to nail down any specific action that triggers it. It seems as though it has happened in all the ways you can delete am email, however.
    Do the 'deleted' messages reappear in the list when pressing the Search button? They do for me, wondering if you experience the same.
    08-17-17 09:08 PM

Such a random bug!
    Just for clarification, I'm not an IT Pro, but I do manage my own E3 O365 subscription and will try to see what's going on.

08-18-17 09:41 AM
    Here is another prime example of this occurrence. Emails were deleted from the device but were never deleted from the server despite my settings positioned to delete messages both from the device and the server.

Please see attached 3 screenshots as follow:

1. Server Screenshot showing the deleted emails in question from 'Cocnreate Office' (2) & from Egnyte (1)

2. Device Screenshot showing these emails are not in the list and therefore presumably deleted

3. Device Screenshot showing the deleted emails in question appear after I tap the Search button

I do not know how to recreate this but as I mentioned earlier in this thread, the workaround is to tap the Search button and re-delete these emails.

@LiamQ & @max-bb FYI

UGH! Hub Still Not Deleting Emails Off Server-office-365-server.jpgUGH! Hub Still Not Deleting Emails Off Server-screenshot_20170906-162028.jpgUGH! Hub Still Not Deleting Emails Off Server-screenshot_20170906-162116.jpg
    09-06-17 06:31 PM
    All you gmail people having this problem. Couple questions cuz I solved this issue on my phone.

Did you use a previous BB on BIS? If yes, look on the gmail desktop for imap folders. If you have any delete them and refresh your email acct on the phone. Then try to delete an email. Gmail desktop should have created new imap folders where all your mail goes now when deleted.
    09-06-17 08:04 PM
    All you gmail people having this problem. Couple questions cuz I solved this issue on my phone.

Did you use a previous BB on BIS? If yes, look on the gmail desktop for imap folders. If you have any delete them and refresh your email acct on the phone. Then try to delete an email. Gmail desktop should have created new imap folders where all your mail goes now when deleted.
    This issue and screenshot examples are off my Office 365 account though it happens with my Gmail as well.

Could be two different issues but I doubt it. It's a Hub issue IMO otherwise how do you explain the deleted email reappearing when tapping the Search button?
    09-06-17 10:14 PM
    Bump. I just got my KEYOne, first Android phone after using a Q10 for over 4 years, and BBOS before that... this is SO IRRITATING!!! I hate having to delete the email TWICE, once from my phone and then once again from the stupid "[imap]/Trash" folder in Gmail!! Why can't this just be fixed, come on BB!
    09-28-17 08:17 PM
    Bump. I just got my KEYOne, first Android phone after using a Q10 for over 4 years, and BBOS before that... this is SO IRRITATING!!! I hate having to delete the email TWICE, once from my phone and then once again from the stupid "[imap]/Trash" folder in Gmail!! Why can't this just be fixed, come on BB!
    So far they are unable to replicate the issue on their end. That's the reason for the 'road bock' at the moment.

I must say though that after several updates including a complete factory reset I experience no such issues so far.
    09-28-17 08:21 PM
    I don't understand how it's possible to not re-create this issue. How many people are transitioning from BB10 to the KEYone? How many of those people had gmail accounts set up, and then went through the process to set up their gmail accounts in the Hub? Maybe i'm not enough of an IT-techie guy to understand what they're trying to recreate, but there has to be some combination of settings that lead to this, or else how the email is added to the HUB+ during the initial set-up, or something. it's just so frustrating and disappointing, that something this basic doesn't work.
    09-28-17 08:23 PM
    Just to add to this - when I had this issue on my Q10, I found this article which solved the issue. https://crackberry.com/how-get-gmail...hout-archiving

Doesn't seem to help much for the HUB+ issue however. Every time I remove the [Imap]/Trash lable in gmail, and then delete something on my KEYone, it automatically recreates the label in gmail and the emails end up there. Can't even set up a filter to automatically move these from one folder to another.
    09-28-17 08:36 PM
213 1234 ...