I'll add that I too have this problem yet again for a few months now (after it appeared to be fixed last year). Is there a workaround at the moment that works for deleting multiple emails, across different email accounts/providers? I have 2 gmail accounts and 3 on different hosts for work. I check my emails and delete every morning, but whenever I log into the webmail for these accounts, the messages still appear. The frustrating bit is having to delete them all via webmail / desktop again (which takes a while since I have 5 accounts and within those accounts the emails go into separate folders as well).

Any insight would be appreciated (I'm in the beta as well).
    The workarounds so far are as follows:

1. Tap the Search, select your emails and delete
    2. Delete using the Productivity Tab
    3. Select your emails, delete and exit Hub using the Back key (avoid the Home key at that point)

The only circumference in which emails won't delete off the server is if you multi select followed by immediate navigation to the Home screen using the Home key.

If you find emails on your server after you deleted them they could be found in your Productivity Tab or under Hub's Search mode.
    @max-bb is a fix in the horizon?
    schwede likes this.
    01-03-19 04:01 PM
    This should be fixed with today's beta update of Hub 2.1810.0.16550.
    01-16-19 04:29 PM
    @max-bb @LiamQ

Was this bug squashed with today's update?
    01-16-19 04:29 PM
    Was this bug squashed with today's update?
    Yes.
    01-16-19 04:30 PM
    Yes.
    I submitted my post at the same time you submitted yours!

Thank you for getting this long lasting bug fixed.

Much appreciated!
    01-16-19 04:31 PM
    This should be fixed with today's beta update of Hub 2.1810.0.16550.
    Thanks, looks promising. Will give it a crack for a few days and report back.
    01-16-19 04:51 PM
    @LiamQ

Successful testing here! 6 emails across two email accounts with different setups being Gmail and Office 365.

Multi select, delete, navigate home, launch Hub.

All emails are deleted both on the client and the server.
    01-16-19 05:15 PM
    @LiamQ this happened to me today again; I cannot reproduce yet but I think it has something to do with swipe to delete as I had it disabled for a long time and experienced no issues at all.

FYI for now - I will report back here as soon as I am able to reproduce.
    02-21-19 10:14 AM
    @LiamQ just swiped a message to delete and it remained on the server.

I swiped and stayed in a filtered view of the specific email account in Hub.

I am not sure if it's consistently reproducible every single time.
    02-22-19 11:04 AM
    Happened again! Main view of Hub, single message deletion, swipe to delete.
    03-11-19 12:49 PM
    Have the same problem, posted it in the beta community already before reading this thread.

This bug is really annoying, have to delete mails twice, on mobile and desktop
    03-11-19 02:00 PM
    Have the same problem, posted it in the beta community already before reading this thread.

This bug is really annoying, have to delete mails twice, on mobile and desktop
    Can you reproduce consistently?
    03-11-19 02:05 PM
    It happens a couple to times a day, normally when I delete more than three mails quickly by swiping left. I get a lot of status mails a day, and normally delete them after reading the subject. When I delete 10 f.e. 6 will remain on exchange undeleted.
    03-11-19 02:07 PM
    It happens a couple to times a day, normally when I delete more than three mails quickly by swiping left. I get a lot of status mails a day, and normally delete them after reading the subject. When I delete 10 f.e. 6 will remain on exchange undeleted.
    Only by swipe to delete, correct?
    03-11-19 02:09 PM
    That is the normal way I delete mails. Have not checked yet if it happens when selecting a couple to of mails and delete them in one action...
    03-11-19 02:10 PM
    That is the normal way I delete mails. Have not checked yet if it happens when selecting a couple to of mails and delete them in one action...
    Please do and report back here; it helps @LiamQ to isolate the issue.
    03-11-19 02:11 PM
    I'm having the same issue again. Select multiple emails from a couple Gmail accounts and an IMAP account. Hit delete up top of hub. Confirm delete. Stay in hub and just leave the device on my desk, or hit back after a few second delay to exit out. Then when I go to Gmail on desktop the messages are still there. Confirmed and reproducible for the past few weeks now. I'm on a DTEK60 and on the beta.

As a die hard BlackBerry fan since the thumb wheel, I'm about done honestly. I have 5 email accounts I monitor and can't keep trying to play catchup in every account on desktop. It sucks about the google play hampering for messages as well. BBM Enterprise has lost a bunch of functionality over the past 2 years and isn't reliable either. I've created tickets for bugs in BBME with resolutions, for example for the portrait mode image resizing issue not filling the screen on zoom, taking 3 updates to BBME before it was rectified (after it was introduced by an update).

It seems like we keep going backwards guys. I appreciate the work LiamQ and co are doing, but it's the whole "package" that is wearing on me. Features that would be logical are missing for example. Scroll on the right of screen in hub or the call logs, and you'd think it would allow you to scroll by date index (like the phone book does by letter), but this doesn't happen. Maybe my expectations are too high, but Bb10 seemed to be a more fluid / logical implementiation of hub and related apps.

Not to mention the DTEK60 is now getting quite dated, and with no new high end VKB device on the horizon (I can't use a PKB device due to hand injuries sustained from an accident as the pressure required to type makes it painful. That aside, I also prefer the higher word suggestion count of the VKB anyways), I am now at the point in time where I regretfully will jump ship. It's just too much of a compromise between lacklustre hardware, diminished productivity, re-appearance of bugs, and depreciated functionality (not just hub guys, because I know you are trying...but BBME, the phone app, etc).

Not sure what else to say at this point other than it's a sad realization that I've been fighting the inevitable it seems.
    03-17-19 04:18 AM
    I'm having the same issue again. Select multiple emails from a couple Gmail accounts and an IMAP account. Hit delete up top of hub. Confirm delete. Stay in hub and just leave the device on my desk, or hit back after a few second delay to exit out. Then when I go to Gmail on desktop the messages are still there. Confirmed and reproducible for the past few weeks now. I'm on a DTEK60 and on the beta.

As a die hard BlackBerry fan since the thumb wheel, I'm about done honestly. I have 5 email accounts I monitor and can't keep trying to play catchup in every account on desktop. It sucks about the google play hampering for messages as well. BBM Enterprise has lost a bunch of functionality over the past 2 years and isn't reliable either. I've created tickets for bugs in BBME with resolutions, for example for the portrait mode image resizing issue not filling the screen on zoom, taking 3 updates to BBME before it was rectified (after it was introduced by an update).

It seems like we keep going backwards guys. I appreciate the work LiamQ and co are doing, but it's the whole "package" that is wearing on me. Features that would be logical are missing for example. Scroll on the right of screen in hub or the call logs, and you'd think it would allow you to scroll by date index (like the phone book does by letter), but this doesn't happen. Maybe my expectations are too high, but Bb10 seemed to be a more fluid / logical implementiation of hub and related apps.

Not to mention the DTEK60 is now getting quite dated, and with no new high end VKB device on the horizon (I can't use a PKB device due to hand injuries sustained from an accident as the pressure required to type makes it painful. That aside, I also prefer the higher word suggestion count of the VKB anyways), I am now at the point in time where I regretfully will jump ship. It's just too much of a compromise between lacklustre hardware, diminished productivity, re-appearance of bugs, and depreciated functionality (not just hub guys, because I know you are trying...but BBME, the phone app, etc).

Not sure what else to say at this point other than it's a sad realization that I've been fighting the inevitable it seems.
    I think Gmail is a different story. My gmails were never removed immediately after deletion from the Hub, but would be removed after next sync. But my Hotmail and Exchange accounts delete emails instantly after removing them from Hub.
    03-18-19 05:32 AM
    Sync of deletes made on device is delayed by up to 5 minutes to merge multiple deletes, read, unreads, flags together. If you really need them to show up in Googles' Web UI as quickly as possible, you can use the refresh button to make it happen now and not wait (after any undo timeouts).

Note: googles web UI also some times takes some minutes to show changes if they're made via IMAP, even if they're made immediately.
    03-18-19 04:25 PM
    Sync of deletes made on device is delayed by up to 5 minutes to merge multiple deletes, read, unreads, flags together. If you really need them to show up in Googles' Web UI as quickly as possible, you can use the refresh button to make it happen now and not wait (after any undo timeouts).

Note: googles web UI also some times takes some minutes to show changes if they're made via IMAP, even if they're made immediately.
    Another way to expedite the sync is by hitting the Recent key immediately after multi-delete (without waiting for the undo to timeout).
    03-18-19 04:29 PM
    I don't know if I have the bug described here, I don't delete much from my phone. I noticed messages being stuck in limbo, though, as described in this topic. Seemingly randomly messages (exchange and IMAP email, Whatsapp, Wechat) are not shown in the standard hub view but appear once I hit the search button and disappear again when exiting search. These are new messages, not ones I tried to delete.

Could be that both bugs are related.

I asked for help on this bug in this thread: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-view-1161841/
    03-25-19 03:32 PM
    If I may add to this debate?
    On BB Motion BBD-100 with 7 POP email accounts all hosted by an independent server (not Gmail nor Office 365) and when I swipe left to delete emails from the Hub v2.1902.1.16890 and Hub + Services 2.1902.1.55076, the emails "leave" the hub. Delete on all these accounts is set up to delete "from hub and server". It can take up to 48 hours for an email to be deleted from the actual server and not be downloaded to my PC. I have tried "Toggling" the delete options to no avail.
    I set up all these email accounts manually and all have the same settings bar account name and passwords.
    As I check my emails frequently during the day on the BB, it is frustrating to open the PC, run Outlook - which points to the same server - and then the "deleted" emails all get downloaded so I have to delete them again.
    These are long established email accounts - a couple of them will be 20 next year.....
    This behaviour is very inconsistent - some emails get deleted quickly while others languish behind - there is no difference between any of the accounts in this behaviour.
    I have had this problem on Android - such a change from the Z30 where the technique worked the same email accounts.
    I see the same behaviour on a "Planet Computers Gemini" android device (running 7.1) and the same hub versions as listed above - with the same email accounts.
    I do not store any emails on the phones - they are purely used for quick triage and short replies. While I can do short replies, the lack of deletion makes a mockery of triage with this system.
    It would be great if this system could actually work the way it used to on the Z30!
    03-30-19 12:58 PM
    @max-bb this is still happening intermittently with a swipe to delete followed by an immediate message list scroll.

Reproduction steps:

Swipe to delete and start scrolling the message list down to where you no longer see the red undo bar.

Wait a little, then scroll back up and you will see that the message was removed from the list yet not from the server.

Tap Search and you will see the message in the list. It can also be found in the Productivity Tab as well as on the server.

If you do not scroll away and wait for the undo to timeout the message is then fully deleted and gets removed from the server (as it should).

All other deletion methods seem to be working properly.
    05-13-19 07:48 PM
    @LiamQ / ref post # 198 above

Are you able to reproduce?
    05-23-19 12:34 PM
    @LiamQ was this part of today's release?
    deiop likes this.
    05-30-19 10:19 AM
213 ... 6789