There's also this, which suggests the Gmail settings could be set to do exactly what we want it, just that something is messed up with the Hub. https://gmail.googleblog.com/2008/10...-controls.html
    09-28-17 08:38 PM
    As I mentioned earlier in this thread, when this happened to me it was not only using Gmail but also using my Office 365 account.

It may very well be that the issue you are experiencing is different than the one originally posted here.
    09-28-17 10:16 PM
    Hub is coded for delete to move to Trash, if available. This is standard behaviour for email clients; a "real" delete is super destructive and undoable once it's sent to the server. Gmail itself does not actually allow us to do a hard delete: a hard delete just removes the current label, and it will stay in your Archive box. The only way for us to make it NOT archived is for us to move it to Gmail's Trash.

This is the expected behaviour.

Previous bug reports were about deleting not actually deleting at all; that we have not been able to reproduce.
    09-29-17 03:56 PM
    Make sense and as I mentioned earlier in this thread I wasn't able to reproduce this either since I factory reset my phone.
    09-29-17 04:15 PM
    As I stated earlier, this happens to me with Gmail, Imap and Exchange. I haven't been able to nail down any specific action that triggers it. It seems as though it has happened in all the ways you can delete am email, however.
    Do you have pop enabled on any of them? I had to make sure to disable that one or they kept coming back.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-17 04:34 AM
    I stopped this problem awhile ago. Outlook imports my gmail and I disabled POP3, the IMAP is still enabled. I use gmail mostly for spam, so I have only checked the inbox folder to sync with imap on gmails side. With hub I just bring in outlook using exchanges eas.outlook.com and folder management is fine.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-17 04:44 AM
    Make sense and as I mentioned earlier in this thread I wasn't able to reproduce this either since I factory reset my phone.
    Good to hear it!
    10-02-17 09:37 AM
    You may also be onto something with deleting from multiple account types (such as social and email, or email and another email). We'll look into this, but in the meantime, the workaround might be "only delete email from one account?" in a multi-select. Let me know if this helps.
    I want to confirm that deleting from multiple account types (such as social and email, or WhatsApp and another email) is working just fine; that is the emails are properly deleted off the server when deleted together with other types of messages.
    10-02-17 10:01 AM
    I was also having this issue only with certain emails on certain email accounts. The email accounts affected were all using the "rim.imap" server settings, which is automatically inserted for certain email accounts when you set up an account in the HUB unless you specify "Manual Setup".

I suspected the "rim.imap" accounts might be the issue, but since the HUB would not allow me to manually update the server settings (server error messages upon setting update), I cleared HUB+ Services data and cache, reset my device, and re-entered all my email account settings manually (I used the correct provider POP server settings, not the "rim.imap" ones).

By doing the above, it appears the issue of certain deleted emails re-appearing, and certain previously read emails being marked as unread, has been resolved.
    Last edited by panopticon; 10-02-17 at 04:35 PM.
    10-02-17 04:24 PM
    I "think" I have fixed this issue. Time will tell. I took the earlier advice and deleted a bunch of imap folders that were probably left over from when I used it with BIS. I then went into the folder settings and reduced the folders available via imap, leaving only Inbox, Spam, and Trash. I should note that I had an imap/trash folder prior to deleting it. After making these changes, messages are deleting on both the phone and server.
    12-09-17 07:08 PM
    Anyone still having this issue? Still seems to be happening to me daily in no certain pattern.
    01-22-18 01:03 AM
    I have tried something different. I turned on the delete prompt the past 2 days and since this issue is much better. Is it coincidence or is there something to it?
    01-23-18 07:26 PM
    I'm still having this issue. It looks like, Hub is deleting the mail in the Hub, but then forgets to sync that action to the server. I'm not sure if it only happens in the Hub view or if it happnes in the view of the specific mail account too.
    the workaround by hitting the search button works very well for me.
    01-24-18 12:53 AM
    Still happening though it's very seldom. I also find that if I wait long enough (there is no telling how long...) the 'deleted' message comes back to Hub.
    01-24-18 03:57 PM
    I don't known why but mine has been flawless since I enabled the delete prompt. Crazy. I always just had it to automatically delete on Hub and server and it would sometimes leave emails on the server. So far so good now.
    01-24-18 05:03 PM
    Mine is set to automatically delete from hub only. When I delete the email, then hit the back triangle button, sometimes the deleted emails reappear. Then when I delete again, they're gone for good. Only noticed this problem in the last few days.
    01-24-18 05:11 PM
    I don't known why but mine has been flawless since I enabled the delete prompt. Crazy. I always just had it to automatically delete on Hub and server and it would sometimes leave emails on the server. So far so good now.
    Tried that too! It worked well until it happened again and I disabled the prompt.

I nice by-product of having the prompt enabled though is that the 'undo' / message deletion delay is disabled which I find allow for quicker work in Hub. It's a give and take I guess...

I wish that hitting the Enter key allowed to confirm the prompt, that way message deletion with the PKB would have been Delete + Enter.
    01-24-18 05:14 PM
    what about Text messages.. ? I have same problem with text messages.. they don't get deleted or set unread in Messages app if I delete / mark unread them from Hub. Any help fixing this would be great. !!
    01-25-18 06:24 AM
    It's starting to happen again....so frustrating. Leaving the office, doing my thing and coming back to Outlook only to find that messages were not deleted...
    01-25-18 06:41 PM
    Just wanted to let the development team that turning on the prompt has solved my problem. I would rather not have it on, so maybe the devs can see what the difference is between the prompt and not having one as it relates to deleting emails off the server.
    01-27-18 10:46 AM
    Just wanted to let the development team that turning on the prompt has solved my problem. I would rather not have it on, so maybe the devs can see what the difference is between the prompt and not having one as it relates to deleting emails off the server.
    Respectfully, it happaned to me with the prompt. In other words, it made no difference.
    01-27-18 11:15 AM
    I've had this issue on the PRIV, DTEK60, KEYone and Motion. I usually run into it if I select a lot of emails to delete (25+, the higher the number the more likely it happens).

I have two O365 accounts on Hub.
    01-29-18 09:31 PM
    I've had this issue on the PRIV, DTEK60, KEYone and Motion. I usually run into it if I select a lot of emails to delete (25+, the higher the number the more likely it happens).

I have two O365 accounts on Hub.
    I agree with this observation! It doesn happen when multiple emails are deleted at once.
    @Laimq @max-bb FYI
    01-30-18 01:19 AM
    With the prompt turned on for a week now, I have had zero issues. I don't know why it worked for me but it has. Maybe a fix will be in the works for everyone else soon.
    01-30-18 12:32 PM
    what about Text messages.. ? I have same problem with text messages.. they don't get deleted or set unread in Messages app if I delete / mark unread them from Hub. Any help fixing this would be great. !!
    If you're not using a BB, we don't have system access to delete SMS or change their state.
    If you are using a BB, this is unfortunately a limitation in the SMS client. Most SMS clients no longer look at the system database to see changes, so may not reflect the changes we've made. We don't have a good workaround for this. Forcing your client to resync (eg, by deleting its data, or changing to a different SMS client and back, etc.) should cause the changes to show up.
    02-01-18 10:12 AM
213 12345 ...