Had this problem off and on for a while, but it has gotten worse over the past several weeks. I have four email accounts on the Hub and it seems the only one having the issue is Gmail. I can delete from the Hub (Yes, I have the option to delete off Hub and sever checked) and when I login to Gmail on my desktop, they are all still there!

I have searched high and low for a solution to this and have seen several similar cases, with no real solutions. I am NOT syncing the deleted folder either. If anyone has any real solutions to this problem, please let me know because it is causing a mess with my account!
    07-31-17 08:23 AM
    Gmail's non(sub)-standard implementation of email strikes again!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    07-31-17 09:21 AM
    Actually, it is not deleting from any account! I just checked!
    07-31-17 09:49 AM
    That's odd. I would toggle the settings (either at the account or global level?) and try again.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    07-31-17 09:54 AM
    I have the same problem, I got tired reporting it. I also found the cause and a workaround but honestly since I reported is so many times I am tried retyping my findings so if anyones wants to hear my opinion PM me, we can exchange phone numbers and I will be happy to explain over the phone. Sorry...
    07-31-17 11:01 AM
    I have the same problem, I got tired reporting it. I also found the cause and a workaround but honestly since I reported is so many times I am tried retyping my findings so if anyones wants to hear my opinion PM me, we can exchange phone numbers and I will be happy to explain over the phone. Sorry...
    I don't think I ever saw the cause and workaround. This is a good forum for putting that information, and then we can just refer here instead of trying to track down email messages or PMs.

It's tough for us to stay on top of all bug reports from the various reporting channels. We do our best to focus on the issues that matter most, but sometimes things slip through the cracks.
    08-03-17 01:37 PM
    I don't think I ever saw the cause and workaround. This is a good forum for putting that information, and then we can just refer here instead of trying to track down email messages or PMs.

It's tough for us to stay on top of all bug reports from the various reporting channels. We do our best to focus on the issues that matter most, but sometimes things slip through the cracks.
    No problem. I will report my findings in the subject here later today.
    08-03-17 01:45 PM
    Here is a description of what is happening; please note the following:

1. This issue started with the first version of Hub+ for Android which I had on my Galaxy S7 and still exists today with my KEYone.

2. This issue is very random and I was unable to recreate or isolate it so far.

3. This issue happens with Gmail and Office 365. That's what I use as my mail servers; it doesn't mean that this issue doesn't exist with other mail servers but given that it happens on two different servers I tend to think that it's a Hub issue rather than a server issue.

Description:

An email is deleted in Hub yet it is not deleted from the server even though Hub is configured to have the email deleted from both Hub and Server.

The deleted email is going somewhere in between Hub and the Server and simply stays there.

Locating the email requires hitting the Search button; once the Search button is pressed the email in question appears in the list.

Workaround:

Hit the Search button, identify the email, re-delete the email. The email will then get deleted from the server and disappear from Hub entirely.

Since I am unable to recreate the issue and it is so random I currently do not have screenshots to share but I will be sure to add them to the post next time that happens.

I hope this is helpful.
    mjbooth likes this.
    08-03-17 09:07 PM
    this also happens on exchange accounts
    08-04-17 12:12 AM
    BB10 never had issues like this....

So weird that they just can't get it right on Android and constantly push such an inferior product. Besides app selection, it's really quite sad how much of a downgrade Android is to BB10 even 2.5 years after any significant BB10 development has occurred.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-17 03:01 AM
    Workaround:

Hit the Search button, identify the email, re-delete the email. The email will then get deleted from the server and disappear from Hub entirely.
    When you search, do you need to choose "Remote Search" to see the deleted item?
    08-04-17 10:22 AM
    When you search, do you need to choose "Remote Search" to see the deleted item?
    No, I simply hit the Search button and the message in question appear. No "remote search" is required.
    08-04-17 10:25 AM
    I'll bet this is a backend problem.

I've been using the Hub since the Priv with my Exchange server (running on Unix, and I have the source) and know exactly what operations it executes via Exchange when you do a delete "on server.". The hub is sending the correct set of commands.... and always has.
    08-04-17 08:00 PM
    RK_BB, is there any pattern to the way in which the messages are deleted? Are the not-quite-deleted messages deleted from the notification tray, from viewing the message, or from selecting a message in the message list?
    08-08-17 10:16 AM
    RK_BB, is there any pattern to the way in which the messages are deleted? Are the not-quite-deleted messages deleted from the notification tray, from viewing the message, or from selecting a message in the message list?
    Funny you mentioned, I have been trying to isolate the issue with the exact same thought in mind and I can't say that a particular way of deleting the message is causing that simply because I would stick to one way, for example swipe to delete and the occurrence is once again inconsistent, the same goes for any other deletion method I would stick to in order to try and isolate the issue.

Please keep in mind that often times users may select several messages and delete them all at once in which case not only one method is possible but the option of deleting multiple emails from multiple accounts, not all necessarily email accounts is possible.

Is it possible that sometimes, maybe in the event of multiple items deletion as described above Hub consider an email message as an integrated app item in which case it only deletes it from Hub and not from Hub and the integrated App?
    08-08-17 12:56 PM
    Is it possibly delete prior? That does not delete from server by design. Multi-select-delete should though.
    08-08-17 12:57 PM
    You may also be onto something with deleting from multiple account types (such as social and email, or email and another email). We'll look into this, but in the meantime, the workaround might be "only delete email from one account?" in a multi-select. Let me know if this helps.
    08-08-17 01:34 PM
    Is it possibly delete prior? That does not delete from server by design. Multi-select-delete should though.
    What do you refer to by 'delete prior?
    08-08-17 01:43 PM
    You may also be onto something with deleting from multiple account types (such as social and email, or email and another email). We'll look into this, but in the meantime, the workaround might be "only delete email from one account?" in a multi-select. Let me know if this helps.
    Will do! Thanks for the direction
    08-08-17 01:45 PM
    RK_BB, have you only noticed this problem in the 1.5.5 beta? Or did you also experience this in earlier releases?
    08-08-17 01:56 PM
    What do you refer to by 'delete prior?
    If you long press a date-header you can Mark Read Prior and Delete Prior all messages before that date. However, this is always a hub-only delete (and there is a message saying so).

Delete/Mark Read Prior often useful for "Okay, I'm done with everything in this account". Very useful for FaceBook notifications
    08-08-17 02:09 PM
    Nice post!

BB10 never had issues like this....

So weird that they just can't get it right on Android and constantly push such an inferior product. Besides app selection, it's really quite sad how much of a downgrade Android is to BB10 even 2.5 years after any significant BB10 development has occurred.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-17 02:25 PM
    If you long press a date-header you can Mark Read Prior and Delete Prior all messages before that date. However, this is always a hub-only delete (and there is a message saying so).

Delete/Mark Read Prior often useful for "Okay, I'm done with everything in this account". Very useful for FaceBook notifications
    Got it. Well that's definitely not the case as I have never deleted messages that way.
    08-08-17 02:28 PM
    @max-bb and @LiamQ

This problem happened again this morning. Please see attached screen shots illustrating the issue precisely:

1. Screen Shot 1:

Normal Hub view

2. Screen Shot 2:

Hub view with the Search button selected where you can clearly see the deleted emails from 'Neil Young' and 'Egnyte'.

These two emails still exist in the inbox on the server; I can now re-delete them which will sync the action to the server.

I do not have recollection of how these emails were deleted however one thing is for sure, they were deleted from Hub, not from the Productivity Tab or the message notification.

08-09-17 01:14 PM
    Can you please give me the versions of Hub and Hub+ Services?
    08-09-17 01:19 PM
213 123 ...