I am currently testing Android Q. As the HUB+ services don't run very smoothly in this beta build and Liam&Co do not respond to the bugs reported in my other thread (last year they responded very quickly that they will address that), I am fearing that BlackBerry is moving down their activities with the HUB+ services.

This in mind, I was looking for alternatives to the HUB+ services. I tried nearly every mailing app for Android and there is no solution even near the HUB+services.

So BlackBerry please continue developing this great software package! I am willing to pay double the price if this is necessary 😉
    04-08-19 06:21 AM
    We started testing Hub with Android Q Beta 2 last week. We haven't been able to reproduce the flickering issue that you mentioned in the other thread. Which specific device are you using? Which version of Chrome?
    04-08-19 06:43 AM
    Hiya. I use pixel 3 with latest HUB beta and dark theme. the flickering occurs only with longer html emails.
    berry_f30 likes this.
    04-08-19 09:25 AM
    To me the best thing about the Hub is it shows sent messages. No other email app does that.
    04-08-19 08:25 PM
    To me the best thing about the Hub is it shows sent messages. No other email app does that.
    ^^^This is the number one reason why I use it. To clarify, that's sent email messages. Sent SMS is another issue, but I don't care about that.
    04-08-19 09:27 PM
    ^^^This is the number one reason why I use it. To clarify, that's sent email messages. Sent SMS is another issue, but I don't care about that.
    Correct...I think if other email apps offer this feature people will drop the Hub.
    04-08-19 09:32 PM
    @LiamQ How does the new Notification Assistant API affect the Hub?
    04-10-19 07:07 PM
    @LiamQ How does the new Notification Assistant API affect the Hub?
    I don't see any impact to Hub.
    04-10-19 08:05 PM
    Just wondering if it might be designated as a Notification Assistant.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    04-10-19 10:22 PM
    I don't see any impact to Hub.
    Can it be used to Read and Write to notifications?
    04-10-19 11:59 PM
    Just to say a vote the Hub. Nothing works better for me than the Hub. I do wish it were also available on my iOS devices though! But I can imagine that won't happen. I would pay gladly for it!!!
    04-13-19 01:57 AM
    I'm also Hub fan. Does anyone use it on a tablet? Maybe you could share a couple of screenshots? I started to consider it when my son started pressing me to get an Android tablet.
    04-13-19 02:12 AM
    I wish BlackBerry would create a version of the Hub for the Librem 5 phone (linux). I would pay $200+ a year for that. A truly private and secure phone with BB10-level Hub performance.

https://puri.sm/products/librem-5/

Posted with my trusty Z10
    04-13-19 06:45 AM
    I wish BlackBerry would create a version of the Hub for the Librem 5 phone (linux). I would pay $200+ a year for that. A truly private and secure phone with BB10-level Hub performance.

https://puri.sm/products/librem-5/

If Librem could provide at least 1 million users at that price, you'd probably see it.
    04-13-19 10:22 AM
    I won't hold my breath. I'll be satisfied if the built in options are decent. For me, the goal is to escape the over-optimizer's hell that Android has given us. I much prefer a streamlined, vertically integrated solution (but not Apple's! ).

04-13-19 11:02 AM
    Sure they do, they just may show it in the sent folder. Currently I am using K9 Mail on a Nokia 7.1. I can view sent email in the SENT folder.
    04-13-19 12:22 PM
    Sure they do, they just may show it in the sent folder. Currently I am using K9 Mail on a Nokia 7.1. I can view sent email in the SENT folder.
    I typically have 100-200 active email threads across 4-6 different accounts. Using conversation view or having to look in 6 different sent folders would be a nightmare. I'm sure that's fine for more casual email users, but I need to quickly scan, search for and reread my recently sent emails constantly. Without the Hub, I would probably not bother carrying a smartphone at all.

04-13-19 12:38 PM
    Single combined place for all email accounts in and sent boxes boxes and for SMS/MMS is what makes it attractive to me. Single combined in/sent box for all other things (eg: other apps, etc...) is also very attractive for me.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    04-13-19 12:41 PM
    I know that...the Hub shows sent and received in the same folder which is to me one of the best options of any email app. I am surprised no other app offers it.
    04-13-19 03:09 PM
    I know that...the Hub shows sent and received in the same folder which is to me one of the best options of any email app. I am surprised no other app offers it.
    Exactly. I'm sending stuff all the time from my work email, and it's nice to see them right there with everything else. It has a check mark to delineate the sent ones. No need to constantly switch folders.

I don't use SMS the same way, but I can understand those that do are missing the sent SMS in the Hub.
    04-13-19 04:18 PM
    @LiamQ @RK_BB Yes, "Read and Write notifications" is what I had in mind. Could send replies directly from the Hub!
    04-15-19 01:01 AM
    heya. with the latest HUB beta update there are still issues with flickering and disappearing texts when responding to longer html emails with tables etc.

I love the app integration very much though. very good feature!
    04-23-19 11:03 AM
    background activity of HUB services is still mentioned by Android Q as a problem...
    04-23-19 11:06 AM
    App integration is a nice touch to the hub. Glad to see that!
    04-23-19 11:14 AM
    Now added the possibility to add any app to hub! Great feature!!! Thanks!
    04-23-19 11:23 AM
54 123