True, some kind of integration between the Hub and launcher could be done, but outside that, there's no way to really integrate, for example, a swipe function while in another app.
    11-19-18 03:21 PM
    True, some kind of integration between the Hub and launcher could be done, but outside that, there's no way to really integrate, for example, a swipe function while in another app.
    Yes there is! Please envision:

1. Hub & BlackBerry Launcher is ONE app. Not two integrated apps of sorts, rather ONE app.

2. Given the above the user can select their main Home Screen as Hub (not the widget, rather Hub).

3. Productivity Tab is redesigned to take the user to the Home Page (Hub at that point) on a full swipe! This will allow peeking at messages by way of pulling the Productivity Tab while release will leave the user in whatever screen they were and full swipe will throw the user to their Home Screen (Hub) for further interaction.
    Luniz likes this.
    11-19-18 03:29 PM
    Can anyone she'd some light on why when I create a new email that there are two contact suggestions that are not relevant?
    No matter how many times I start a new email I still get the same two irrelevant contacts and cannot seem to find a setting to remove them. Any help on this would be appreciated.
    11-23-18 04:54 PM
    Can anyone she'd some light on why when I create a new email that there are two contact suggestions that are not relevant?
    No matter how many times I start a new email I still get the same two irrelevant contacts and cannot seem to find a setting to remove them. Any help on this would be appreciated.
    If I am not mistaken these are the most used contacts you are sending emails to.
    11-23-18 05:00 PM
    If I am not mistaken these are the most used contacts you are sending emails to.
    But I haven't sent any emails to one of them since 2006
    11-23-18 05:01 PM
    But I haven't sent any emails to one of them since 2006
    Clear cache maybe?

If you don't mind, let's take this to a new thread. I would like to keep this for suggestions & improvements; not bug reports.

Thank you
    11-23-18 05:06 PM
    @LiamQ @max-bb

Pursuant to post # 360, I found that when opening the 'upcoming events' shade with a keyboard swipe down, opening the calendar is then possible with a double tap on the keyboard (KEY² / KEYᵒⁿᵉ).

Is this by design? If so, not very reliable but pretty cool nevertheless.
    11-23-18 11:13 PM
    @BigBadWulf
    Social integration is implemented through watching the notification tray, the outgoing messages aren't notified so we don't see them. We have no special access to hangouts or whatsapp or other socials app's database*, so we can only show what is shared system wide.

* We do have special access for BBM and SMS, so they do show outgoing messages. Twitter also has a special connector.
    Are you saying it's again up to all of us to start another petition to get BlackBerry special access?
    Though my petition days were gone with BB10 lol.
    I will have to contact them to complain today and see when's the earliest I can get you in.
    11-24-18 05:54 AM
    Are you saying it's again up to all of us to start another petition to get BlackBerry special access?
    Though my petition days were gone with BB10 lol.
    I will have to contact them to complain today and see when's the earliest I can get you in.
    LMAO

This is why BBAndroid development should have started in 2007-2008 when BB still had leverage with its marketshare instead of BB10 5-6 years later. Wonder how different if any difference would Android look now has BB played influential hand back then?
    11-24-18 09:49 AM
    Other than the stock texting app, texted and Yaata, are there any new additions to the HUB for text messaging?
    11-29-18 11:51 AM
    Other than the stock texting app, texted and Yaata, are there any new additions to the HUB for text messaging?
    Any standard text message app which keeps the System Text Database up to date should work with Hub. Google Messages, Textra, and Yaata seem to be the most popular and are the ones I specifically check when I make changes.
    11-30-18 03:54 PM
    Hello, just a couple of thing about the hub. I like colors with the last update but down bar it's terrible compared with traditional redact bubble, and it doesn't disappears when I scroll down with space bar. It just take too much space in a little screen. It isn't a good idea in my opinion.
    The other thing its too add a select option in the hub wich can move the selection with the pkb and use shortcuts like remove or respond or just select to open once you select the message, a coloured bar maybe. It can be an activation required feature in the menu maybe, but it could be a good feature. The idea it to use the hub completely without touch the screen. We know that people loves it and pkb allows this.thank you.
    12-12-18 01:24 PM
    A hide status bar option could be awesome too in the hub, some apps got this feature and its amazing for a little screens.
    12-12-18 02:07 PM
    Change the setting so that we can make swipe right open the HUB categories like in BB10. If I choose to make it set an alarm for that email or notification I will do it or give us that setting in the options after selecting the email or other notifications.

Gee how many times was this asked for?

Hammered out on my Precious Passport
    12-12-18 02:49 PM
    Change the setting so that we can make swipe right open the HUB categories like in BB10. If I choose to make it set an alarm for that email or notification I will do it or give us that setting in the options after selecting the email or other notifications.

Gee how many times was this asked for?

Hammered out on my Precious Passport
    It will neve happen. Lol
    12-12-18 02:55 PM
    It will neve happen. Lol
    Ya, I know cause no one is listening
    12-12-18 03:05 PM
    LMAO

This is why BBAndroid development should have started in 2007-2008 when BB still had leverage with its marketshare instead of BB10 5-6 years later. Wonder how different if any difference would Android look now has BB played influential hand back then?
    BB Development of their own OS should have been underway. Android wasn't something BlackBerry could use back then... it had years of refinement and reworking before it was usable without going the route of Silent Circle and a forked version.
    12-12-18 03:33 PM
    What exactly would be the problem with creating a tool bar at the bottom of the screen in the HUB like in BB10? If we can't swipe right to access all the HUB categories then why not have a tool bar so that one could reach the hamburger or other like swipe on the toolbar to make the HUB slide right uncovering the categories? Don't know why more work has not be poured into the HUB Suggestions on ways to further improve the Hub?-img_20181213_233904.jpgSuggestions on ways to further improve the Hub?-hub-20slide.png
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 12-14-18 at 10:07 AM.
    12-13-18 10:48 PM
    I am another user that thinks it's time for BlackBerry Hub to be integrated into BlackBerry Launcher so that the experience can be more integrated like the BB10 hub. The fluidity of that setup was just so natural to use. I hope the team at BlackBerry Limited will at least offer this to BlackBerry Mobile for their devices. Because if they don't, there's a good chance another company may end up doing it. That would be a real shame if it happened, because BlackBerry showed they really can create a kick@$$ unified messaging center and it only makes sense that they continue to innovate, staying at the top of this game.
    1vanTheTerr1ble and Luniz like this.
    12-15-18 01:53 PM
    I am another user that thinks it's time for BlackBerry Hub to be integrated into BlackBerry Launcher so that the experience can be more integrated like the BB10 hub. The fluidity of that setup was just so natural to use. I hope the team at BlackBerry Limited will at least offer this to BlackBerry Mobile for their devices. Because if they don't, there's a good chance another company may end up doing it. That would be a real shame if it happened, because BlackBerry showed they really can create a kick@$$ unified messaging center and it only makes sense that they continue to innovate, staying at the top of this game.
    Two problems that BBMo faces with BB10 like hub into BBAndroid launcher. First, certain features are only possible at the proprietary OS level by Google. Second, more people have embraced Android/IOS devices with corresponding OS features. For many of these users that BBMo would like to attract, making the BBAndroid OS too different could discourage future sales.
    12-15-18 07:04 PM
    Two problems that BBMo faces with BB10 like hub into BBAndroid launcher. First, certain features are only possible at the proprietary OS level by Google. Second, more people have embraced Android/IOS devices with corresponding OS features. For many of these users that BBMo would like to attract, making the BBAndroid OS too different could discourage future sales.
    Not sure how true that is when starting with the Oneplus 5 is there swipe gestures like BB10 but on Oreo before Android P
    12-15-18 07:57 PM
    @Jake2826 @Chuck Finley69

If you look at post # 377 I outlined what can possibly be done but quite honestly this is way too far fetched IMO.

Aside from functionality features all of which are detailed in this thread there are two ways to bring the experience closer to BB10 and if not that then at least make it more integrated:

1. Work with major messaging apps to create an API that will allow to display Sent items (similarly to SMS & Twitter). Though may not be in their interest, I believe that some app developers will be open to the idea. If that works then perhaps we can also create an in-line reply experience.
    2. More feasible is to re-design the Productivity Tab to resemble Hub so that message peeking is more fluid and transition between the Tab to Hub is not as visually abrupt. For that to happen though Tab will need to mirror Hub which means it needs to start listing call logs in the Hub tab, the SMS indexing issue has to be resolved and BBM needs to be integrated.
    12-15-18 08:00 PM
    @Jake2826 @Chuck Finley69

If you look at post # 377 I outlined what can possibly be done but quite honestly this is way too far fetched IMO.

Aside from functionality features all of which are detailed in this thread there are two ways to bring the experience closer to BB10 and if not that then at least make it more integrated:

1. Work with major messaging apps to create an API that will allow to display Sent items (similarly to SMS & Twitter). Though may not be in their interest, I believe that some app developers will be open to the idea. If that works then perhaps we can also create an in-line reply experience.
    2. More feasible is to re-design the Productivity Tab to resemble Hub so that message peeking is more fluid and transition between the Tab to Hub is not as visually abrupt. For that to happen though Tab will need to mirror Hub which means it needs to start listing call logs in the Hub tab, the SMS indexing issue has to be resolved and BBM needs to be integrated.
    I read before. Honestly, don’t laugh, 80% goes past me since I’m not an IT experienced person. That being said, I believe that some of what you describe requires cooperation from Google at some level while also requiring some level of resource dedication from BB at same time. If possible as you say, then perhaps it’s a conscious effort to not fully imitate BB10 so as not to alienate too many Android users....
    RK_BB likes this.
    12-15-18 11:33 PM
    Please update the signature and email editors.
    12-18-18 02:12 PM
    How about creating an optional Hub integration in the same way that some launchers integrate Google Now feed (or whatever it's called these days)?

Given launcher is centric for Android navigation and Hub is centric for the BlackBerry experience, leaving it as a stand alone app is causing the experience to be more "separated" (similarly to any other app) but it shouldn't be that way as Hub is unique in what it does and the experience it provides.

This is probably the only way to make the experience more integrated with the flow of the OS.

Sure you can place a widget anywhere you want. You can assign a Hub shortcut to any of your keys (in case you a PKB device) or your Convenience Key (in BlackBerry devices). It's not the same...

Alternatively, you can allow assigning Hub as an Assist App. That will launch it from any screen with a long home key press and given we have the dedicated Google Assistant setup in the Convenience Key users could use that as an alternative.
    seletok likes this.
    01-04-19 06:47 PM
433 ... 1415161718