I'm getting a "phantom" spark show up on the Hub icon. Clicking it makes the spark disappear but it reappears after a few minutes.
    I am having the same. I think that these are missed calls that are not marked cleared through Hub.
    10-18-17 07:53 PM
    Hi, I just sent this suggestion to BlackBerry support - I hope they listen:

"I use the hub widget a lot and believe that it would be very helpful to place an icon on the top title bar of that widget (near the compose and search icons) that, when pressed, would dismiss any unopened email alerts. It can even have the shape of an asterisk with an x through it.
    This feature would help in situations where people see that they got an email on their hub widget, and would naturally like any email alerts to then be dismissed, but do not want to take the time and go through the steps to then open up the hub application so that the incoming email asterisk and/or Android email alert are dismissed.
    If there were any other way to accomplish this task, such as the ability to track eye movement when the widget is gazed upon then hey, that would be great, but I am sure that most phones don't have the ability to provide that sensor feedback... my suggestion would be a simple solution to this problem."
    10-25-17 08:10 AM
    Thanks for addressing the issue of not handling Gmail threads properly, it prompted me to start using Hub again and this feature works well so far. Overall after returning to Hub the progress is obvious. Below is the list of usability/UI issues I came across lately (some generic, some related to Gmail). Many of them are not critical but they add up to undermine the goodness of Hub and most of them should be easy to fix. Once again please don’t see it as a criticism but rather as a volunteer usability report.

This one is big in my view. Gmail messages are not displayed/collapsed properly in conversation view. What I mean is that when I receive a Gmail reply/forward message, Hub shows the entire email chain instead of only the new content by sender. It results in very inefficient use of the screen space and considerably reduces the benefit of having a conversation view i.e. showing only the relevant information. This feature works properly for some other email providers so probably it would not be difficult to tweak it to work properly with Gmail.

The contact avatar pictures on the compose new message screen is a pixelated mess even when the BB’s own contacts app shows proper high-res pictures of the same contacts just fine. Same contact would have a photo present for the compose email action and no photo for compose SMS. While composing an email sometimes recipients added with avatar picture and sometimes not. Design-wise you have both round and square avatars throughout the interface. It would be better to choose one option and stick to it. Round is in vogue with Android these days.

Why there is a big gap between the email body and a thumbnail of the attached image after the text? It makes it easier to miss the attachment.

My Hub draft folder is syncing but when I open a draft there is no message body displayed. Checking the draft through the web interface confirms, yes there is a message body but it’s not displayed in the Hub. The draft was originally created using web interface.

The top attachment section of an email has no upper margin when there is single attachment. Not a deal-breaker for sure but looks untidy and takes 15 min to fix. Generally the interface margins and indentations are all over the place, it will look cleaner if taken care of. Low hanging fruit.

Why does the bottom dock with reply/forward shortcuts for a single email have to take so much vertical space? The height of the one that you have in the conversation view is sufficient enough and would leave more screen for actually reading the email. The vertical screen real estate at the top of the interface is squandered for no apparent reason too. Spacing is important for a good UI but I think the top can be optimized leaving more space for the message content. KeyOne users will particularly appreciate it given the screen ratio.

Could you pleeeeease move the controls to the bottom of the screen. It’s OK, it will be very android’ish going forward. Google is moving in this direction already, Google Photos got new bottom toolbar recently. It just makes so much sense from the usability standpoint.

The all-day event on the daylight saving time switch day (Nov 5th) is not editable in BB calendar and is shown as having 1 day an 1 hour duration.

Reminders in BB calendar are not as flexible as in Google calendar. For some all day events I setup one reminder on the day before 9am and same day 7am (after the event formally started). Can’t be done in BB calendar and the overall reminder setup interface is much more limited.

I am a bit confused about the “Help receive emails quicker” setting. When I tap it I am taken to the Hub+ Services app info screen and nothing happens. When I go back the switch is still on but I am not sure if the setting is on or I accidentally turned it off and UI does not reflect it. Emails seem to be delivered without delay but it’s a bit confusing.

Finally a small rant about making Hub a native SMS/MMS client. Your position on the topic is not unreasonable but I would not take this option off the table. Email and SMS/MMS are different from any other messaging in a way that those are industry standards rather than proprietary solutions and while I don’t have the stats I suspect that they represent a bulk of many users communications. It is true that it is difficult to differentiate form the already fine Google SMS client but then again there is nothing fundamentally wrong with Android Gmail client either. To me the value of the Hub is in unification and streamlining of the communication experience and I think that this is a significant differentiator of its own. So this is my petition to you guys to implement it someday.

Thanks
    10-27-17 01:53 PM
    I recently got a BlackBerry Keyone and really miss a lot of the true "BlackBerry" functionality that seems lost with the Android OS. I have multiple email accounts which is why I love the BB Hub, but I'm getting too much battery drain now. I miss the automatic push of my emails which is really why I choose BlackBerry over any device. Not sure how to get that feature back without draining my battery. I also need my emails quicker. I am still using my BlackBerry Classic for email when I can be on Wi-Fi because the battery won't die with the immediate push. This is my primary complaint.

I would also like a better way to respond right from Hub to the Gmail app or one of the Hub mailboxes. I get multiple email notifications from the same account - one from Hub and one from Gmail.

I also agree with the Textra comments. I just started using it because my messages were missing from the Android Messages default SMS app but appearing in the Hub.

There should also be a standard BB Help Tutorial/walkthrough of the device like there was on my BB Classic. I keep having to come here to figure out how to do things. Some features were easily answered/addressed with that on BB Classic.
    10-30-17 12:08 AM
    I recently got a BlackBerry Keyone and really miss a lot of the true "BlackBerry" functionality that seems lost with the Android OS. I have multiple email accounts which is why I love the BB Hub, but I'm getting too much battery drain now. I miss the automatic push of my emails which is really why I choose BlackBerry over any device. Not sure how to get that feature back without draining my battery. I also need my emails quicker. I am still using my BlackBerry Classic for email when I can be on Wi-Fi because the battery won't die with the immediate push. This is my primary complaint.
    BB10 and Android have the same email services through the hub. You shouldn't experience excessive battery drain from it, even with "Help receive emails quicker" turned on, which isn't a BB10 feature. Most likely the issue is...

I would also like a better way to respond right from Hub to the Gmail app or one of the Hub mailboxes. I get multiple email notifications from the same account - one from Hub and one from Gmail.
    You need to turn off notifications for the Gmail app.

There should also be a standard BB Help Tutorial/walkthrough of the device like there was on my BB Classic. I keep having to come here to figure out how to do things. Some features were easily answered/addressed with that on BB Classic.
    You can find help for the hub from the hub, left top overflow menu, help. You can find additional help from here and here and here.
    10-30-17 07:30 AM
    I don't know if anyone has asked for it yet but I get very annoyed and avoid even checking the categories in the HUB due to the stupid Hamburger button all the way at the top left of the screen. If you are right handed then it is the furthest point on the phone when holding with one hand.

It's not just checking but filtering when searching for a specific msg or verifying you have not missed anything.

I would like to see the swipe right return as it was in BB10 HUB.
    The swipe right currently offers a reorder of a message at another time or place. Perhaps that can be activate in another fashion?
    10-30-17 05:40 PM
    I don't know if anyone has asked for it yet but I get very annoyed and avoid even checking the categories in the HUB due to the stupid Hamburger button all the way at the top left of the screen. If you are right handed then it is the furthest point on the phone when holding with one hand.

It's not just checking but filtering when searching for a specific msg or verifying you have not missed anything.

I would like to see the swipe right return as it was in BB10 HUB.
    The swipe right currently offers a reorder of a message at another time or place. Perhaps that can be activate in another fashion?
    This, and other suggestions in the matter had been requested in this thread over and over again.

There are several ideas, all of which will certainly contribute to more efficient navigation.

Unfortunately we see no communication for a matter than most likely can be easily resolved.

The interesting part is that not many people 'complain' about this ergonomic issue therefore I don't think this area is even looked at during times which the focus seem to be more on additional app integration and other bug related issues.
    10-31-17 09:01 AM
    This, and other suggestions in the matter had been requested in this thread over and over again.

There are several ideas, all of which will certainly contribute to more efficient navigation.

Unfortunately we see no communication for a matter than most likely can be easily resolved.

The interesting part is that not many people 'complain' about this ergonomic issue therefore I don't think this area is even looked at during times which the focus seem to be more on additional app integration and other bug related issues.
    Blackberry's enthusiasts has dwindled has it.....
    That's discouraging.
    10-31-17 09:55 AM
    Blackberry's enthusiasts has dwindled has it.....
    That's discouraging.
    They definitely still exists but most worry about other things while for me, personally it's all about productivity, functionality and efficiency which to me symbolize the BB brand more than anything else. In these areas, I think that the BB of Android is still way behind the UX it provided with BB10 and the ironic thing is that most if not all features can certainly be implemented using Android with a little vision and development.

Bottom line, if there is a will, there is a way but I am not sure the 'will' is currently focused on the items I described.
    10-31-17 10:06 AM
    They definitely still exists but most worry about other things while for me, personally it's all about productivity, functionality and efficiency which to me symbolize the BB brand more than anything else. In these areas, I think that the BB of Android is still way behind the UX it provided with BB10 and the ironic thing is that most if not all features can certainly be implemented using Android with a little vision and development.

Bottom line, if there is a will, there is a way but I am not sure the 'will' is currently focused on the items I described.
    To be honest this has been my pain in my *** with most apps designed still as if the phone was still only 4.5" tall. Many app developers have implemented the swipe gesture for that menu button in their apps but there are still too many who have not.
    Just like how Apple has mimicked the swipe up gesture on the new iPhone, I hope they take more from BB10 and palm setting the trend towards a more efficient single handed mobile OS. Not knocking two handed use but it should be just as easily managed with one to be the best.
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 10-31-17 at 10:41 AM.
    10-31-17 10:18 AM
    To be honest this has been my pain in my *** with most apps designed still as if the phone was still only 4.5" tall. Many app developers have implemented the swipe gesture for that menu button in their apps but there are still too many who have not.
    Just like how app has mimicked the swipe up gesture on the new iPhone, I hope they take more from BB10 and palm setting the trend towards a more efficient single handed mobile OS. Not knocking two handed use but it should be just as easily managed with one to be the best.
    One handed use is more intuitive and definitely a requirement on a 'hand-held' device.
    10-31-17 10:21 AM
    I seem to have lost Hub notifications on Android Wear with the latest update. I'll try to unsync and repair my watch, but right now something seems amiss!
    11-01-17 05:57 PM
    I seem to have lost Hub notifications on Android Wear with the latest update. I'll try to unsync and repair my watch, but right now something seems amiss!
    Repairing my watch seems to have fixed whatever issue presented itself. May not have been Hub-related. Can't confirm.
    11-01-17 07:10 PM
    Search by sender in the Sent email folder would be nice. I seem to remember this working a long time ago, but not anymore. I could be mistaken though.

When I go to my Sent email folder, select the magnifying glass to search and enter a persons name who I sent email to, I don't get a list of emails to that person.
    11-07-17 07:02 AM
    Search by sender in the Sent email folder would be nice. I seem to remember this working a long time ago, but not anymore. I could be mistaken though.

When I go to my Sent email folder, select the magnifying glass to search and enter a persons name who I sent email to, I don't get a list of emails to that person.
    It already exists. All you have to do is long press the email, then from the far right corner menu select 'search by sender'
    11-07-17 08:26 AM
    It already exists. All you have to do is long press the email, then from the far right corner menu select 'search by sender'
    I'm talking about searching the Sent emails folder for all the emails sent to a particular person.
    11-07-17 08:39 AM
    This is such a minor nitpicky thing, but it also gives the impression that parts of the app are being ignored. It'd be nice to see the language in Hub updated to match: Twitter switched from 'favorites' to 'likes' more than two years ago now (Nov 3, 2015) and I haven't really mentioned it just because it's such a tiny thing, but you'd really think that sometime in the past two years someone would have noticed.
    11-08-17 06:25 PM
    This is such a minor nitpicky thing, but it also gives the impression that parts of the app are being ignored. It'd be nice to see the language in Hub updated to match: Twitter switched from 'favorites' to 'likes' more than two years ago now (Nov 3, 2015) and I haven't really mentioned it just because it's such a tiny thing, but you'd really think that sometime in the past two years someone would have noticed.
    One of our interns noticed that on Tuesday We're on it.
    11-09-17 02:39 PM
    It would be nice to get rid of the double spacing in the email signatures, my signatures are looking ridiculously long now. For example, if I press return only once to create a space between two separate lines in my signature, it saves as a double space. Even when I go back to edit it, the same thing happens.
    kyleheney likes this.
    11-09-17 03:22 PM
    It would be nice to get rid of the double spacing in the email signatures, my signatures are looking ridiculously long now. For example, if I press return only once to create a space between two separate lines in my signature, it saves as a double space. Even when I go back to edit it, the same thing happens.
    Should be fixed in the next beta.
    kyleheney likes this.
    11-10-17 12:02 PM
    Should be fixed in the next beta.
    That's great, thank you!
    11-10-17 12:16 PM
    One other frustration I've been fighting a lot the past couple weeks... I'd love if "Reply All" didn't also include my own email address as one of the "To:" entries.
    11-21-17 01:14 PM
    I would like to be able to file a message to the Sent items folder.
    @LiamQ can you please enable that?
    11-22-17 11:43 AM
    Here's a Contacts app / Google dialer app compatibility question...the default dialer (Google) seems to mix up my names from BlackBerry Contacts. For example, if I have multiple contacts from the same company (with different extensions) and I initiate the call from the dialer app, it always displays the same name no matter who I am calling. It displays correctly when I initiate the call from the BlackBerry contacts app, however.
    11-23-17 12:09 PM
    I would like to be able to file a message to the Sent items folder.
    @LiamQ can you please enable that?
    What's the point of filing a message to the Sent Items folder? It can be misleading to take a message that wasn't sent and put it in a folder with sent items. Some users might think that means that the message is (or is going to be) sent.
    11-23-17 02:49 PM
433 ... 89101112 ...