It's been a while since I posted an issue, but I'm hoping for some insight in case anyone's noticed it or whether it's particular to my device.

My Hub acts funny sometimes when opening an email from Gmail or Hotmail. Occasionally, emails don't load once they're opened from within the Hub. It happens specially for those that have a "conversation" style (two or more related emails or replies). Likewise, once I try to open the previous messages, the last one will overlap (I'm attaching a picture to illustrate the issue).

However, when I open the message directly from the Hub's widget, instead of within the Hub itself, the emails do load.

I've noticed this since a while ago and no matter the updates it repeats itself occasionally.

At the moment, it seems to be only happening with Gmail, but I've seen it with Hotmail too.

Could it be a server side issue? Or a connectivity aspect?

Any insight would be appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Strange Hub issue for Gmail and Hotmail.-39924.jpg  
    04-19-17 09:37 PM
    Hello Agustin que tal!

Glad to hear from you! On my PRIV with both GMAIL and HOTMAIL have not encountered this on the HUB. Suggest you go into HUB general settings, Display de-activate conversation view. Then hold down power button for at least 32 seconds and reset device. After back on go back to HUB in in general settings, Display , activate conversation view. Let me know how it goes. Good luck.
    04-20-17 11:11 AM
    Hello Agustin que tal!

Glad to hear from you! On my PRIV with both GMAIL and HOTMAIL have not encountered this on the HUB. Suggest you go into HUB general settings, Display de-activate conversation view. Then hold down power button for at least 32 seconds and reset device. After back on go back to HUB in in general settings, Display , activate conversation view. Let me know how it goes. Good luck.
    Hola Rico, thanks for your answer my friend! Unfortunately it didn't solve the issue. I've sent you a BBM message with a link to a couple of videos showing the problem I'm seeing on my Hub.

Maybe we can figure something out and avoid having to do a factory reset on my PRIV.

Saludos!
    04-20-17 02:04 PM
    How frequently does it happen? Are there specific messages that consistently reproduce it?
    04-20-17 05:07 PM
    How frequently does it happen? Are there specific messages that consistently reproduce it?
    It's not very often and after trying some suggestions Rico4you gave me, namely erasing Hub+ Services and Hub data and cache, hard reset and setting the Hub from scratch, seems to have fixed the problem, except with the particular email conversation from my original post.

Maybe it's a Gmail issue, but at least seeing as it's only one email conversation having the problem now, opting for an autoloader and factory resetting is for now discarded.

 Passport (10.3.3.2163) /  PRIV (6.0.1)
    04-20-17 06:34 PM
    Update: The issue has appeared once again on other emails. And now certain emails are not rendering properly (loading images and enabling links) and others don't render at all.

The only way some of these messages render properly is if they're open directly from the Hub widget. But if I open them from the Hub itself I get the wrong rendering.

Likewise, after exiting any of the problematic messages, the Hub will no longer render any other email, whether from Gmail or Hotmail.

I'm clueless and think my only solution might be using an autoloader.

P.S. The Hub on my Passport renders all these messages properly, so it's definitely a problem with my PRIV.
    Attached Thumbnails Strange Hub issue for Gmail and Hotmail.-41989.jpg  
    Last edited by JG_Agustin; 04-24-17 at 02:59 PM.
    04-24-17 02:47 PM
    These two pictures didn't attach to the previous post.
    Attached Thumbnails Strange Hub issue for Gmail and Hotmail.-41988.jpg  
    04-24-17 02:50 PM
    Something is wrong with the CB Android app, as images are only loading one by one...
    Attached Thumbnails Strange Hub issue for Gmail and Hotmail.-41987.jpg  
    04-24-17 02:51 PM
    Update: I used an autoloader and partially restored data (everything except BlackBerry apps), the issue remained...

I will use an autoloader again and start everything from scratch, what a pain...

I might just be frustrated enough to use my Passport again as main device, I can't believe it's not possible to get the Hub working properly on my PRIV...

I PM'd c_bryant34 last week and haven't gotten an answer yet (is he still in charge of the Hub on Android?), so I'm out of ideas...

Last edited by JG_Agustin; 04-25-17 at 12:34 AM.
    04-24-17 09:27 PM
    Last update: Did a full reinstall with autoloader, started fresh and didn't restore anything, issue is still present... I'm fed up and pissed.

It didn't fix the problem and even worse, now I've lost the game FIFA 16 which is no longer available for download on the Google Play Store, it's shown now as incompatible with my PRIV, wtf!

04-24-17 11:08 PM
    Hello Agustin,

Sorry to hear about the issues you are having.

Have you sent a a tweet to and or email to BlackBerry did send the contacts.

Also try sending a PM to LiamQ.

Good luck
    04-25-17 07:04 AM
    Hello Agustin,

Good luck
    04-25-17 09:14 AM
    Hello Agustin,

Good luck
    Gracias Rico, so far I only wrote to c_bryant34 and tried using autoloaders to see if I could fix the problem. Since then, I bumped into another thread with several users describing the same issue last year.

I'll try contacting LiamQ, saludos!

P.S. The game issue seems to be EA blocking the game from being downloaded on a PRIV, odd as it was fine a few months ago. Anyway, I got the apk and was able to install it and restore my progress.
    04-25-17 02:02 PM
    Hello Agustin
    Ok! Do please update how this issues goes! Glad you got game issue fixed!
    Anything you need to help here or on BBM.
    Saludos amigo,
    JG_Agustin likes this.
    04-25-17 02:19 PM
    @JG_Agustin, what version of Android System WebView do you have? You can check the version in Settings -> Apps.

If there are messages that consistently render poorly, please forward them to [email protected]. In desktop Gmail, there is a "Show original" option while viewing a message. If you choose that and then "Download Original", attaching that file in a message to [email protected] is the best way to forward it.
    04-25-17 04:30 PM
    @JG_Agustin, what version of Android System WebView do you have? You can check the version in Settings -> Apps.

If there are messages that consistently render poorly, please forward them to [email protected]. In desktop Gmail, there is a "Show original" option while viewing a message. If you choose that and then "Download Original", attaching that file in a message to [email protected] is the best way to forward it.
    Thanks for your kind response and the email contacts. The Android System Webview I have on my PRIV is 58.0.3029.83 (attached image).

I will do as you mention and report back.

Cheers!
    Attached Thumbnails Strange Hub issue for Gmail and Hotmail.-3993.jpg  
    04-25-17 04:34 PM

Hi again @LiamQ. I wrote to the email address you provided but only got an automated response. I tried going into the PRIV resources link mentioned in the automated response, but get a blank "Service Unavailable" page.

Is opening a ticket (last option on the response) the only way to get someone to look into the issue?

Thanks for any input.

06-07-17 08:52 PM
    @JG_Agustin, would you like to try disabling Conversation View in Hub -> Settings -> General Settings?

Thank you for sending the video to bbappsupport. It's interesting--we haven't had similar reports of that issue yet.
    06-07-17 09:21 PM
    @JG_Agustin, would you like to try disabling Conversation View in Hub -> Settings -> General Settings?

Thank you for sending the video to bbappsupport. It's interesting--we haven't had similar reports of that issue yet.
    Thanks for your quick answer. I've actually done just that and while most of the emails which were in conversation mode seem to be rendering ok, there are a couple (mostly advertising) which simply don't render. I'm attaching an image comparing how the same email looks on the PRIV and on the Passport.

BTW, on another thread I mentioned another Hub issue I'm seeing while using "conversation mode" enabled, I sent it on my email as a second issue: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1111239

Hopefully, you're able to take a look at both.

Thanks again for all the support @LiamQ, please let me know if you require anything further.
    Attached Thumbnails Strange Hub issue for Gmail and Hotmail.-14591.jpg  
    06-07-17 11:47 PM
    Can you send a copy of the EnviaFlores.com email to [email protected] ? Please use desktop Gmail to save the original message ("Show original" and then "Download Original") and then attach that file in the email to [email protected].
    06-08-17 02:17 PM
    Can you send a copy of the EnviaFlores.com email to [email protected] ? Please use desktop Gmail to save the original message ("Show original" and then "Download Original") and then attach that file in the email to [email protected].
    I've just sent the email. If I detect any other with the same issue, I'll let you know and forward it.

Thanks again for your support!

Rico4you likes this.
    06-08-17 08:20 PM
    Thanks JG_Agustin, I can reproduce the issue. It does eventually show up, but it's extremely slow. We'll look into it.
    Rico4you likes this.
    06-09-17 10:22 AM
    Thanks JG_Agustin, I can reproduce the issue. It does eventually show up, but it's extremely slow. We'll look into it.
    Great, I'm glad to be of any help! Thanks for taking a look, hopefully you can figure out something, have a great weekend BTW!
    06-09-17 02:41 PM