Has anyone been able to get Signal messages to appear in the Hub? It looks like a nice alternate to BBM and BB's SMS Messenger but does not seem to be recognized in Hub.
    12-14-16 10:25 AM
    Won't show there unless BB adds support for it or Signal adds support for the Hub. Neither of which is very likely.
    ErnieH and jmr1015 like this.
    12-14-16 02:06 PM
    Whatsapp is integrated into the hub and uses the same open source encryption, works pretty well.
    12-14-16 05:13 PM
    SMS through Signal works, though.
    12-14-16 05:34 PM
    Signal can't appear in the Hub. Because Signal is secure...
    01-11-17 03:17 PM
    I noticed my Signal contacts show in the BlackBerry contacts app. Shouldn't be that hard for BlackBerry to do it, hub basically is just a launcher app anyways just showing you the same preview that would be on your lock screen
    04-06-17 08:14 PM
    Whatsapp is integrated into the hub and uses the same open source encryption, works pretty well.
    Interested to hear why you think WA is well integrated into Hub.

I find it pretty limited as it stands.
    04-07-17 02:42 AM
    SMS through Signal works, though.
    Do u mean if I use signal as my sms app they will go through to hub but the actual signal messages won't?

I would love to see signal in hub. It is my second go to messenger after bbm.
    04-30-17 11:12 AM
    Won't show there unless BB adds support for it or Signal adds support for the Hub. Neither of which is very likely.
    Any chance u think something has changed since you wrote this?
    04-30-17 11:13 AM
    No, nothing has changed. Blackberry will have to add signal support to the hub.

Even sms won't work because the hin reads from the standard sms back end, and signal doesn't use that.

Just lol any other messenger, they'll have to add the support.
    05-01-17 12:42 AM
    No, nothing has changed. Blackberry will have to add signal support to the hub.

Even sms won't work because the hin reads from the standard sms back end, and signal doesn't use that.

Just lol any other messenger, they'll have to add the support.
    Thanks for the clarification. Well, I hope that as hub capability is added, signal is incorporated soon.

In the meantime I hope bbm continues to step up their game, but it might be too late for it to make a comeback in North America and Europe.
    05-01-17 05:28 AM
    Do u mean if I use signal as my sms app they will go through to hub but the actual signal messages won't?

I would love to see signal in hub. It is my second go to messenger after bbm.
    From my testing, once you switch sms to Signal, you can only access your old sms messages on hub...

My understanding why hub can't read is because signal puts your texts in an encrypted folder for extra protection
    05-08-17 06:07 AM
    From my testing, once you switch sms to Signal, you can only access your old sms messages on hub...

My understanding why hub can't read is because signal puts your texts in an encrypted folder for extra protection
    Thanks. That is my experience too now with signal as text default.

I have however decided to use signal now as a messenger and sms app.

Hopefully it will eventually get integrated into the hub. If not, the hub may just wind up being an email only inbox.

Ideally BlackBerry would just stop farting around and include sms into bbm like they had before.
    05-08-17 06:37 AM
    Thanks. That is my experience too now with signal as text default.

I have however decided to use signal now as a messenger and sms app.

Hopefully it will eventually get integrated into the hub. If not, the hub may just wind up being an email only inbox.

Ideally BlackBerry would just stop farting around and include sms into bbm like they had before.
    I was using it for sms for a while. But only one my friends had it and he got rid of it because nobody else would download... I'm conflicted. But if it gets hub integrations I'll be pushing my partner and family at least to get it
    05-08-17 09:30 AM
    We're working on Signal Messenger support.
    05-08-17 03:45 PM
    We're working on Signal Messenger support.
    If u are representing BlackBerry or open whisper and making that comment, you are making me a very happy BlackBerry and Hub user.

Can't wait for my KEYone and Signal in the hub combo!!!
    05-08-17 09:36 PM
    I don't understand why others wouldn't download signal. Seems the logical way to go.
    05-09-17 02:16 AM
    I don't understand why others wouldn't download signal. Seems the logical way to go.
    I know right. I only use text and BBM would rather use signal.. Even my bbm list is mainly just family, everybody else is either strictly text, Whatsapp or Facebook messenger and I refuse to use Facebook messenger or Whatsapp
    05-09-17 04:21 AM
    I know right. I only use text and BBM would rather use signal.. Even my bbm list is mainly just family, everybody else is either strictly text, Whatsapp or Facebook messenger and I refuse to use Facebook messenger or Whatsapp
    I'm exactly in the same boat around refusing to use FB or whatsapp . It is always met with sighs and questioning looks though

Give me signal and protonmail in my BlackBerry hub and I'm a happy camper.

I think protonmail is testing imap function so I'm hoping that means it would work with the hub when that happens.
    05-09-17 05:53 AM
    Signal integration in Hub is supported in our latest beta!
    06-14-17 08:59 PM
    Thank you!!

With signal as secure messenger and SMS we basically have a dream combo for our hub!!!

Thanks BlackBerry for listening!!
    06-14-17 09:04 PM
    How can I sign up for beta releases?
    06-14-17 09:55 PM
    How can I sign up for beta releases?
    https://www.blackberry.com/beta/
    anon(10120165) and sebstarr like this.
    06-14-17 10:10 PM
    Thank you so much for the update

(Side note since your on Hub team... it would be nice with emails if it could be programmed to have "reply-to" option... example I use Protonmail, but they don't support IMAP yet, so I forward them to a supported account...

But if I compose/reply from Hub it sets address as that IMAP account, but when I replicate on computer it will set it to Protonmail)
    06-15-17 04:14 AM
    Thank you so much for the update

(Side note since your on Hub team... it would be nice with emails if it could be programmed to have "reply-to" option... example I use Protonmail, but they don't support IMAP yet, so I forward them to a supported account...

But if I compose/reply from Hub it sets address as that IMAP account, but when I replicate on computer it will set it to Protonmail)
    Good news if I have my rumor straight. Protonmail is beta testing imap. I'm assuming this will work with hub like other solutions.

So I foresee a completely secure and brilliant BlackBerry hub that can handle any thing we throw at it!!
    06-15-17 10:32 AM
40 12