I can't remember how it used to be, but I just noticed that when I save a few lengthy emails (gmail, yahoo mail) as draft on my KeyOne, that I can't find those drafts when I go to my desktop and open the draft folder in Gmail or yahoo mail.

Is this normal behavior? Was it always like that?
    It's inconvenient as I like to continue writing those lengthy emails on my laptop and add attachments that can only be found on my laptop, before ultimately sending the emails.

Same question vice versa. Wouldn't it be normal that drafts made on the desktop are synced too and that they would thus appear as drafts in the Hub? [Edit: Drafts saved in desktop program do seem to appear in Hub at some point.)
    Last edited by WT44; 04-19-18 at 07:32 AM.
    04-19-18 07:16 AM
    I don't have this issue using GMail and Astro on desktop. I can literally watch Astro refresh and show me the draft.
    04-19-18 01:02 PM
    Upward draft sync (from device to server) is not supported for IMAP accounts., nor for older versions of EAS. Downward sync (from server to device) should work for all IMAP and EAS accounts. For IMAP, this may take some time as push only works for the INBOX.

It can also be potentially very data hungry to do it automatically (if you attached a 10 MB image, and then saved it as a draft several times, you could end up using hundreds of megs of data).
    04-20-18 01:11 PM
    Upward draft sync (from device to server) is not supported for IMAP accounts., nor for older versions of EAS. Downward sync (from server to device) should work for all IMAP and EAS accounts. For IMAP, this may take some time as push only works for the INBOX.

It can also be potentially very data hungry to do it automatically (if you attached a 10 MB image, and then saved it as a draft several times, you could end up using hundreds of megs of data).
    Thanks for the reply.

Just for my understanding, is "upward draft sync" not supported by the Hub or not supported and just technically not possible AT ALL?

Is the second paragraph about "also being potentially data hungry" about upward or downward sync? If it's about "upward sync", then let's say you would not include a picture but only text, then it would remain an interesting feature if supported by the Hub.

How much I love banging out lengthy emails on my KeyOne, at the end of such an email it's still giving me numb thumbs. Better to start email on Hub while in the subway and continue at the desktop.
    05-17-18 01:20 PM
    It is not currently supported by hub. It is technically possible, but we have to be careful with our implementation.
    05-18-18 07:42 PM
    like the original poster here, I too would like this feature enabled at some point...i do recall back in the BBOS days, the up/down sync of draft e-mails was something I used...of course a different time and protocols (BIS vs IMAP) but it was something that ended up being quite useful
    05-22-18 10:16 AM