I'll pass on the phone ring, but please pass that cake!
    11-21-18 07:34 PM
    I'll pass on the phone ring, but please pass that cake!
    Chocolate ice cream sandwich, Cool whip, gram cracker, Cool whip, chocolate ice cream sandwich, Cool whip, broken score-bar, caramel and chocolate syrup.

Place in freezer and ready next day.
    Amazing!!!!!!!!

I can make it so can you +
    11-21-18 08:33 PM
    User redirection to the message within an integrated app rather than the message list of the integrated app is not an Android limitation but rather a none BlackBerry Android device limitation.

Hub & Hub+ Services require an OS level access to control this function and therfore while it works very well on BlackBerry Android devices it doesn't on a none BlackBerry Android devices. It has something to do with maintaining memory record that cannot be done on a none BlackBerry Android device simply because the devs do not have the OS access level they need in order to maintain these records.
    Actually both my WhatsApp and WeChat direct to each conversation rather than main app screen on my Pixel 3XL. But it is not the case on my Key1. Why ?
    11-22-18 03:49 PM
    Actually both my WhatsApp and WeChat direct to each conversation rather than main app screen on my Pixel 3XL. But it is not the case on my Key1. Why ?
    That should be the other way around! Odd.
    11-22-18 03:51 PM
    Which Android OS version are you running on your KEYone?
    11-22-18 03:51 PM
    Which Android OS version are you running on your KEYone?
    It's pixel 3, so android 9.
    11-23-18 06:27 AM
    @Fred Wu

@LiamQ question was referring to your KEYᵒⁿᵉ. Is it running Android O or N?
    11-23-18 10:24 AM
    @Fred Wu

@LiamQ question was referring to your KEYᵒⁿᵉ. Is it running Android O or N?
    Sorry, didn't see clearly. It's Android O.
    11-23-18 01:35 PM
    Not sure why, but the Hub is slow for me to load now. Sometimes it will hang 4 or 5 seconds before loading emails.
    11-24-18 11:16 AM
    Yes, yes, yes.

All software has bugs, Beta will have LOTS more bugs - to assume anything else is ridiculous.
    True, but BlackBerry seems to miss bringing out stables lately as the last official hub update is from June 2018. Don't get me wrong stable there is better save than sorry, so I hope they will tie up all the loose ends soon.
    11-25-18 07:02 AM
    I understand the complaints of the Hub. I personally think BlackBerry needs to invest more. I do think the Hub has come a long way on Android and still has some way to go in some areas to get some of the features we liked on bb10. All that said I have now tried iOS, Gmail, outlook and a few other mail programs and for my use of email, which is quite intensive, I find the Hub better by far. I wish the programmers the best in continuing to improve it. But for me it's the best.
    11-25-18 04:09 PM
    off topic, but one thing I hate about the hub vs bb10, is the inability to swipe right to open the menu / inability to disable swipe right to perform actions on messages.
    You can disable swipe right to perform actions on messages.

BlackBerry Hub --> [A] --> Settings --> General Settings --> Swipe Gesture Actions --> Right Swipe Gesture --> None
    11-25-18 05:46 PM
    I'm just curious why can't blackberry android devices have the same Hub that's on BB10 devices. The difference is almost a deal breaker

Posted via CB10
    11-25-18 06:32 PM
    I'm just curious why can't blackberry android devices have the same Hub that's on BB10 devices. The difference is almost a deal breaker

Posted via CB10
    Some BB10 hub characteristics need OS level access. Unfortunately, BBAndroid isn’t completely proprietary to BB and BBMo software and hardware.
    11-25-18 06:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    There are many justified reasons to why Hub on Android works entirely different than it doesn on BB10, most of which were addressed here in this forum over many different post. If will forward a link if I come across one.

We cannot and should not expect it to ever come close though some things can definitely improve the experience.
    11-25-18 09:57 PM
    There are many justified reasons to why Hub on Android works entirely different than it doesn on BB10, most of which were addressed here in this forum over many different post. If will forward a link if I come across one.

We cannot and should not expect it to ever come close though some things can definitely improve the experience.
    I think this is part of the problem. Yes, we understand why the BB10 Hub can't be replicated functionality wise but we SHOULD expect a better experience. The unified inbox is the way of the future. At some point Google will open up whatever's necessary to allow it to happen. There is a real sense of us all being BlackBerry apologists. We put up with x, make excuses for y and convince ourselves things are perfectly 'alright' with z.

With BlackBerry now being a software company, with their whole remit being the removal of the shackles of hardware, we SHOULD expect an agile software experience from the company.
    11-26-18 08:24 AM
    Thank you!
    11-26-18 09:08 AM
    I think this is part of the problem. Yes, we understand why the BB10 Hub can't be replicated functionality wise but we SHOULD expect a better experience. The unified inbox is the way of the future. At some point Google will open up whatever's necessary to allow it to happen. There is a real sense of us all being BlackBerry apologists. We put up with x, make excuses for y and convince ourselves things are perfectly 'alright' with z.

With BlackBerry now being a software company, with their whole remit being the removal of the shackles of hardware, we SHOULD expect an agile software experience from the company.
    Hey, I am with you and that's why I started this thread (link below).

We as customers, especially ones that came over from BB10 should continue to demand more of the app suite but time and experience here on this forum taught me that BlackBerry's focus is not where you and I wish it were in terms of its app suite (specifically Hub) development.

Some here say that it's a matter of proving a business case and some say that it's a risky design move given most potential customers that didn't come from BB10 may not understand or like the design direction, let alone the criticism that may come from reviewers.

Whatever the case may be, BlackBerry seem to be "playing it safe" to a point of diminishing returns which is really unfortunate IMO.

/blackberry-hub-plus-suite-f459/suggestions-ways-further-improve-hub-1103719/
    sacha_is_good likes this.
    11-26-18 09:38 AM
    Hey, I am with you and that's why I started this thread (link below).

We as customers, especially ones that came over from BB10 should continue to demand more of the app suite but time and experience here on this forum taught me that BlackBerry's focus is not where you and I wish it were in terms of its app suite (specifically Hub) development.

Some here say that it's a matter of proving a business case and some say that it's a risky design move given most potential customers that didn't come from BB10 may not understand or like the design direction, let alone the criticism that may come from reviewers.

Whatever the case may be, BlackBerry seem to be "playing it safe" to a point of diminishing returns which is really unfortunate IMO.

/blackberry-hub-plus-suite-f459/suggestions-ways-further-improve-hub-1103719/
    The simple fact is that there is no money in consumer apps unless it's based on data mining, ads, or selling digital media. So there is no return on investment for BlackBerry to invest heavily in the Hub+ Suite. $12 a year for a few million users is enough to maintain a small team, but not enough to redesign and reinvent the Hub for Android.

What we have is good for Android, but it's woefully inferior to BB10. It was invented to try to convert BB10 users to BlackBerry Android users, and now it's part of the licensing agreement with BlackBerry's OEM handset partners. But no one at BlackBerry sees it as a strategic asset.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    11-26-18 10:50 AM
    The simple fact is that there is no money in consumer apps unless it's based on data mining, ads, or selling digital media. So there is no return on investment for BlackBerry to invest heavily in the Hub+ Suite. $12 a year for a few million users is enough to maintain a small team, but not enough to redesign and reinvent the Hub for Android.

What we have is good for Android, but it's woefully inferior to BB10. It was invented to try to convert BB10 users to BlackBerry Android users, and now it's part of the licensing agreement with BlackBerry's OEM handset partners. But no one at BlackBerry sees it as a strategic asset.

Unfortunately it makes a lot of sense but just for the record, I will pay $100 a year, maybe more if I can get what we all envision.
    11-26-18 10:58 AM
    Not sure why, but the Hub is slow for me to load now. Sometimes it will hang 4 or 5 seconds before loading emails.
    Which versions of Hub and BlackBerry Hub+ Services are you using? Do you recall when the slowdown started?

Do you have large accounts that are set to sync forever?
    11-26-18 11:36 AM
    Unfortunately it makes a lot of sense but just for the record, I will pay $100 a year, maybe more if I can get what we all envision.
    Absolutely with you on this. And I think at this point BlackBerry need to either do WHATEVER it is that is necessary to seriously improve the product(s) and charge people more (which I am SURE some people will pay, if they are already paying customers) OR they just come clean and say "we can't make this work properly. We are removing the paid option and will make it ad supported and generally keep it updated."

Three years into the Android Hub, it's surely time for BlackBerry to either up their game or to come clean about their intentions and plans.
    11-26-18 02:13 PM
    .....charge people more (which I am SURE some people will pay, if they are already paying customers)
    Heck I pay Netflix $10 a month and I use Hub more so than I use Netflix so there you have it....
    11-26-18 03:28 PM
    I would easily pay that much as well.

11-26-18 10:03 PM
    You can disable swipe right to perform actions on messages.

BlackBerry Hub --> [A] --> Settings --> General Settings --> Swipe Gesture Actions --> Right Swipe Gesture --> None
    I have no idea why I said the last part, but I already have swipe right gestures disabled lolol

What I would have said if I was using my head was that I don't like that I can't change the swipe right gesture to "open menu" and have the swipe left gesture set to "dismiss/minimize/close hub"
    12-22-18 10:26 AM
54 123