I've been a long time BlackBerry user, starting off with the 8900 and then following up with Bolds, getting the Z10 on release day (as well as owning the Q5, Q10, Classic and Passport) and getting the KeyONE on release day too.

Sadly, after over a decade with BlackBerry, I've given up on the last vestige of BlackBerry (now using a Huawei P20) - the Hub+ suite.

What BlackBerry have done is ridiculous, in my opinion. The Hub has plenty of bug fixes and I have been part of the beta program but BlackBerry refuse to push things forward. Functionality seems to just get progressively worse. Messages seem to go missing. Text messages seemed to entirely disappear in the last beta update for the Hub. It's so frustrating.

I've been a paid subscribe to the Hub+ suite for some time and I want to support the company but until they get their act together and demonstrate they ARE a SOFTWARE company, it's so difficult. All the Android apps look virtually identical to those released back in 2015, so they're not hugely interested in UI. The functionality is no longer keeping pace with new services. BlackBerry are just treading water with Hub+.

I think I speak for a lot of users that would pay more than the current pricing for Hub+ if it just WORKED PROPERLY.

I've been a CrackBerry reader for over a decade so will continue to read and support the site and I really hope soon there will be an article saying "Hub has major update", but until then I am sadly out of options for BlackBerry services in 2018.

AjoyEricLal likes this.
    11-20-18 07:37 AM
    I've been a long time BlackBerry user, starting off with the 8900 and then following up with Bolds, getting the Z10 on release day (as well as owning the Q5, Q10, Classic and Passport) and getting the KeyONE on release day too.

Sadly, after over a decade with BlackBerry, I've given up on the last vestige of BlackBerry (now using a Huawei P20) - the Hub+ suite.

What BlackBerry have done is ridiculous, in my opinion. The Hub has plenty of bug fixes and I have been part of the beta program but BlackBerry refuse to push things forward. Functionality seems to just get progressively worse. Messages seem to go missing. Text messages seemed to entirely disappear in the last beta update for the Hub. It's so frustrating.

I've been a paid subscribe to the Hub+ suite for some time and I want to support the company but until they get their act together and demonstrate they ARE a SOFTWARE company, it's so difficult. All the Android apps look virtually identical to those released back in 2015, so they're not hugely interested in UI. The functionality is no longer keeping pace with new services. BlackBerry are just treading water with Hub+.

I think I speak for a lot of users that would pay more than the current pricing for Hub+ if it just WORKED PROPERLY.

I've been a CrackBerry reader for over a decade so will continue to read and support the site and I really hope soon there will be an article saying "Hub has major update", but until then I am sadly out of options for BlackBerry services in 2018.

I agree in many areas, particularly design and functionality.

It's not only the Hub but BlackBerry Launcher as well.

These apps definitely are dated design wise! @Bla1ze even made a news piece about it not too long ago.
    AjoyEricLal likes this.
    11-20-18 09:44 AM

My Hub on K1 has acted quite well. I am not missing messages. Maybe a hard reset or install?
    11-20-18 10:25 AM
    Text messages seemed to entirely disappear in the last beta update for the Hub. It's so frustrating.
    We fixed the beta bug with missing text messages within 2 days. You should expect some hiccups like this with beta software.
    PHughes, BigBadWulf, JECE and 5 others like this.
    11-20-18 12:02 PM
    We fixed the beta bug with missing text messages within 2 days. You should expect some hiccups like this with beta software.
    Isn’t that purpose of beta software, to have users find bugs, specifically, before going into production status? LOL

I’m not an IT guy, however, I think you guys are doing great with BBAndroid, with all the limitations imposed both internally and externally..
    11-20-18 12:18 PM
    Okay, agreed. That is fair. But what about the UI? What about WhatsApp messages that don't map to conversations any longer and just take the user to the main WhatsApp screen?

BlackBerry 10's Hub was superb. Hub+ for Android was alright. The difference is Hub+ is paid for. I WANT to pay more for something better. I would happily pay £10 a month for something better. I don't understand how BlackBerry, the software company, can expect people to pay for a sub par experience.

It's easy for people to say "it's because of Android". We, the consumers, are allowed to expect better. It's not unreasonable for us to expect BlackBerry to work with Google or whoever to make things better. And if things can't be made better then fine...but to expect people to pay for a service that treads water is unreasonable.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    11-20-18 01:01 PM
    off topic, but one thing I hate about the hub vs bb10, is the inability to swipe right to open the menu / inability to disable swipe right to perform actions on messages.

yes I know you can swipe from the edge.

on that note, I'd also like to be able to swipe left to return to - options are always nice - either recent apps screen (bb10), previous app or homescreen
    Last edited by nah.uhh; 11-20-18 at 05:26 PM.
    11-20-18 01:11 PM
    off topic, but one thing I hate about the hub vs bb10, is the inability to swipe right to open the menu
    Agreed. Swiping on a message should bring up selection buttons rather than perform a single action or better yet, a long press can bring up the selection menu while swipe can be maintained to perform a single action.

Unfortunately, though I believe many of these suggestions are heard the devs prefer to stick to a more simplistic design approach which in my opinion is becoming less & less effective over time as the suite of apps gets older.
    Last edited by RK_BB; 11-20-18 at 01:53 PM.
    11-20-18 01:26 PM
    Okay, agreed. That is fair. But what about the UI? What about WhatsApp messages that don't map to conversations any longer and just take the user to the main WhatsApp screen?

BlackBerry 10's Hub was superb. Hub+ for Android was alright. The difference is Hub+ is paid for. I WANT to pay more for something better. I would happily pay £10 a month for something better. I don't understand how BlackBerry, the software company, can expect people to pay for a sub par experience.

It's easy for people to say "it's because of Android". We, the consumers, are allowed to expect better. It's not unreasonable for us to expect BlackBerry to work with Google or whoever to make things better. And if things can't be made better then fine...but to expect people to pay for a service that treads water is unreasonable.
    Aren’t some of things you mention limitation of Android being controlled by Google? Since BB10 is property of BlackBerry, they can do whatever they want. I don’t believe that BlackBerry has same luxury with BBAndroid.
    11-20-18 01:35 PM
    Aren’t some of things you mention limitation of Android being controlled by Google? Since BB10 is property of BlackBerry, they can do whatever they want. I don’t believe that BlackBerry has same luxury with BBAndroid.
    User redirection to the message within an integrated app rather than the message list of the integrated app is not an Android limitation but rather a none BlackBerry Android device limitation.

Hub & Hub+ Services require an OS level access to control this function and therfore while it works very well on BlackBerry Android devices it doesn't on a none BlackBerry Android devices. It has something to do with maintaining memory record that cannot be done on a none BlackBerry Android device simply because the devs do not have the OS access level they need in order to maintain these records.
    BigAl_BB9900 and hplovecraft like this.
    11-20-18 02:03 PM

Same here. I have had the BlackBerry Torch2 9810, the Z30, Passport SE, Priv, and Dtek60. I gave up on BlackBerry due to my horrendous experience with the Dtek60, the first Android BlackBerry designed and made entirely by China's Alcatel-TCL.

The Priv was a great and ingenious device which, although Android, was still designed by BlackBerry and built in Mexico. Unfortunately, the Dtek60 was simply a repurposed Alcatel Idol 4S Windows phone with an upgraded Camera and Android OS.

At first the Dtek60 seemed great with high end specs and a great camera. Electronic and battery problems soon caused the phone to shut down within an hour, or immediately upon start up. Customer support was virtually non-existent.

I now have a Samsung Galaxy S9+ with BlackBerry HUB and keyboard.

I still miss BlackBerry, and I even wish I still could use my Z30 with OS10. It as a wonderful solid device with great specs for its time.

For now, I am staying with other brands....
    11-21-18 06:27 AM
    User redirection to the message within an integrated app rather than the message list of the integrated app is not an Android limitation but rather a none BlackBerry Android device limitation.

Hub & Hub+ Services require an OS level access to control this function and therfore while it works very well on BlackBerry Android devices it doesn't on a none BlackBerry Android devices. It has something to do with maintaining memory record that cannot be done on a none BlackBerry Android device simply because the devs do not have the OS access level they need in order to maintain these records.
    This is really interesting and eye opening. Thank you for this piece of information. It will be another consideration for me when I decide on my next daily driver of a phone
    11-21-18 07:25 AM
    This is really interesting and eye opening. Thank you for this piece of information. It will be another consideration for me when I decide on my next daily driver of a phone
    With pleasure!
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    11-21-18 09:21 AM
    Isn’t that purpose of beta software, to have users find bugs, specifically, before going into production status? LOL
    Yes, yes, yes.

All software has bugs, Beta will have LOTS more bugs - to assume anything else is ridiculous.
    11-21-18 11:30 AM

Blackberry Android hub is a joke. It is difficult to delete e-mails and its sync is poor. Before Oreo update everything was alright but after Oreo The caos game in. Dos a factory reset and got a litros bit better but not as pre-oreo standards. Then I deleted The hub and re-installed it without success.
    11-21-18 11:56 AM
    Blackberry Android hub is a joke.
    On a none BlackBerry device that might be the case. Though it lucks intuitive design and the overall looks is dated I find that on BlackBerry devices it works quite well.

There a few bugs, namely multiple emails deletion and Sent Items appearance on widget that I am hopeful will be resolved soon but other than that, it function pretty well.
    11-21-18 01:32 PM
    off topic, but one thing I hate about the hub vs bb10, is the inability to swipe right to open the menu / inability to disable swipe right to perform actions on messages.

yes I know you can swipe from the edge.

on that note, I'd also like to be able to swipe left to return to - options are always nice - either recent apps screen (bb10), previous app or homescreen
    ^THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

The inability to swipe right anywhere on the screen to get to accounts, the way the Hub in BB10 works means I need two hands to check multiple accounts! It's my #1 annoyance with the Hub + UI.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    AmritD likes this.
    11-21-18 02:27 PM
    ^THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

The inability to swipe right anywhere on the screen to get to accounts, the way the Hub in BB10 works means I need two hands to check multiple accounts! It's my #1 annoyance with the Hub + UI.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Few solutions:

1. While in Hub, pressing the 'A' key opens up the account selection menu.

2. Drop Hub Account shortcuts on your home screen; navigate to home followed by a tap on the desired account. Clunky, Android, but works...

3. Assigning Hub Account shortcuts to a PKB key/s. I have only two account so 'H' is for one, long 'H' is for the other while 'B' is for Hub.
    JECE likes this.
    11-21-18 03:28 PM
    Few solutions:

1. While in Hub, pressing the 'A' key opens up the account selection menu.

2. Drop Hub Account shortcuts on your home screen; navigate to home followed by a tap on the desired account. Clunky, Android, but works...

3. Assigning Hub Account shortcuts to a PKB key/s. I have only two account so 'H' is for one, long 'H' is for the other while 'B' is for Hub.
    Thanks for the suggested workarounds.

Unfortunately, none of those really address the problem, which is for me to quickly scan through each of my 6-8 accounts in the Hub with one hand. Keyboard shortcuts won't work because it's too easy for the phone, which becomes very top-heavy when using the keyboard one-handed) to slip out of my hand. Desktop shortcuts are much too slow, as I'd have to return to the Home Screen between accounts.

Honestly, I'm skeptical if the Android Hub is ever going to support my workflow. I still like it, as it allows me to avoid the Google apps for calendar, contacts and email. But it's benefits are more in the area of privacy rather than the productivity I'm used to in BB10. I keep all notifications turned off in Android and rely on scans of all my accounts to see new messages in a timely manner.
    nah.uhh likes this.
    11-21-18 04:22 PM

Unfortunately, none of those really address the problem, which is for me to quickly scan through each of my 6-8 accounts in the Hub with one hand. Keyboard shortcuts won't work because it's too easy for the phone, which becomes very top-heavy when using the keyboard one-handed) to slip out of my hand. Desktop shortcuts are much too slow, as I'd have to return to the Home Screen between accounts.

Honestly, I'm skeptical if the Android Hub is ever going to support my workflow. I still like it, as it allows me to avoid the Google apps for calendar, contacts and email. But it's benefits are more in the area of privacy rather than the productivity I'm used to in BB10. I keep all notifications turned off in Android and rely on scans of all my accounts to see new messages in a timely manner.
    Oh I hear you; loud & clear! Intuitive UX is of no interest to BlackBerry anymore; that is very clear.

Here is your one handed use solution though:

/android-apps-f444/one-handed-use-key-devices-others-absolutely-nailed-1158884/
    11-21-18 04:35 PM

Get a phone ring for the back like everyone else.....

Thought you might like these...
    https://www.amazon.ca/DanziX-Univers...UvbUpU13312028
    11-21-18 06:30 PM

https://www.amazon.ca/DanziX-Univers...UvbUpU13312031
    LOL. Just what today's phablets need! More bulk! The darned things are already way too big, even before adding the sadly necessary case.

Perhaps I could just mount a stand to a body harness and carry it in front of my face!
    11-21-18 06:40 PM

https://www.amazon.ca/DanziX-Univers...UvbUpU13312036
    All hell breaks loose!
    The_Passporter likes this.
    11-21-18 07:11 PM
    LOL. Just what today's phablets need! More bulk! The darned things are already way too big, even before adding the sadly necessary case.

Perhaps I could just mount a stand to a body harness and carry it in front of my face!
    All hell breaks loose!
    LOL! I could not resist. It was like an ice cream sandwich cake with score bar sitting right in front of me Sadly giving up on BlackBerry Hub +...-img_20181117_083347_691.jpeg
    11-21-18 07:18 PM
    LOL! I could not resist. It was like an ice cream sandwich cake with score bar sitting right in front of me Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181117_083347_691.jpeg 
Views:	131 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	441427
    LOL!!!!!
    11-21-18 07:22 PM
54 123