Full slide of the Productivity Tab opens up Hub. This can emulate the 'peek' view of BB10 by allowing users to 'peek' at messages by pulling the tab and ultimately opening Hub by sliding it all the way through.

If this can be an option with the Productivity Tab settings then users that don't like it can simply disable the feature and remain with the current behavior.
    @LiamQ what do you think?
    BigBadWulf and curlybeanla like this.
    08-30-17 03:38 AM
    I like this. make it happen
    08-30-17 08:37 AM
    I don't think I would use that for the Priv when I can just swipe shortcut into the actual Hub. Maybe for the KEYone.
    08-30-17 09:04 AM
    I like this. make it happen
    I wish I could
    08-30-17 09:10 AM
    Here is a cool thing that this feature will help with:

After accessing WhatsApp or Instagram for example from Hub, returning to Hub require several taps and is not intuitive at all. I am sure the case is the same for many other integrated apps.

This feature will allow swift return to Hub from anywhere, including in such instances as described above.
    @LiamQ, @max-bb hoping you read and give it a fair consideration.
    09-01-17 08:19 PM
    I think this suggestion is really good.
    09-03-17 06:36 AM
    I don't think I would use that for the Priv when I can just swipe shortcut into the actual Hub. Maybe for the KEYone.
    Actually if the suggestion allows for "peaking" while in other apps then it would be a bit better then the swipe shortcuts on the Priv.
    09-03-17 07:23 AM
    Actually if the suggestion allows for "peaking" while in other apps then it would be a bit better then the swipe shortcuts on the Priv.
    Yup, that's the whole point! For any user that loved the 'peek' feature in BB10 this would pretty much cover it with one shortcoming: add ALL integrated apps unread messages to the Productivity Tab (WhatsApp, Instagram, etc.)

The need for a BB10-like 'peek' view was discussed many times in the forum as a much needed feature as well as it was mentioned in this Sticky thread:
    /blackberry-hub-plus-suite-f459/suggestions-ways-further-improve-hub-1103719/
    09-03-17 11:04 AM
    I don't think it is a good idea because you will have to swipe all the way across the screen and that doesn't make sense
    09-03-17 11:26 AM
    I don't think it is a good idea because you will have to swipe all the way across the screen and that doesn't make sense
    Please correct me if I am wrong but isn't this how BB10 used to be like? You peek by hold and swipe and from there you have two options:

1. Release the view which puts the user back where they were.

2. Swipe all the way through to completely reveal Hub.

Since we can't reveal Hub in the same fashion we could in BB10 I thought this would make a nice workaround.
    OldBBlover likes this.
    09-03-17 11:40 AM
    No if it's integrated into the productivity Tab you won't. You can pull the productivity App partially as it is now.
    09-03-17 12:13 PM
    Please correct me if I am wrong but isn't this how BB10 used to be like? You peek by hold and swipe and from there you have two options:

1. Release the view which puts the user back where they were.

2. Swipe all the way through to completely reveal Hub.

Since we can't reveal Hub in the same fashion we could in BB10 I thought this would make a nice workaround.
    Absolutely correct.
    09-03-17 12:39 PM
    Additionally, the Tab needs to disappear when Hub is open...
    09-08-17 07:47 PM
    Additionally, the Tab needs to disappear when Hub is open...
    I don't agree with this, because Hub is not the only function inside the Tab. I primarily use it for Tasks rather than unread emails.
    09-09-17 05:38 PM
    I don't agree with this, because Hub is not the only function inside the Tab. I primarily use it for Tasks rather than unread emails.
    Good point. I overlooked it when I was 'trigger happy' posting it. Thanks for the counter!
    09-09-17 05:39 PM
    Hub tab on the left, productivity tab on the right. Offer the option to make the Hub tab run the length of the screen & be fully transparent & viola.
    09-09-17 06:09 PM
    Hub tab on the left, productivity tab on the right. Offer the option to make the Hub tab run the length of the screen & be fully transparent & viola.
    I already do that with Swiftly Switch https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...switcher.trial

Works very well! Back to Hub from anywhere....
    09-09-17 07:04 PM
    I already do that with Swiftly Switch https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...switcher.trial

Works very well! Back to Hub from anywhere....
    That's a pretty nifty app but not quite what I was driving at. For a K1 user this app could help replace the missing BB swipe shortcuts, though. For me, I just want to swipe right & launch the Hub. Not swipe right & choose from a wheel of apps &/or actions.
    09-10-17 07:39 AM
    That's a pretty nifty app but not quite what I was driving at. For a K1 user this app could help replace the missing BB swipe shortcuts, though. For me, I just want to swipe right & launch the Hub. Not swipe right & choose from a wheel of apps &/or actions.
    Absolutely! I am totally with you. That's just my workaround until BB hopefully one day make that real deal happen

By the way, Swiftly Switch has a Quick Action that allow swiping into the app in a more fluid way than selecting an app from a list of favorites. Still not the real deal but the best I can find so far.
    09-10-17 09:59 AM